Wanted: Jalen Carter

An interesting fact. Kreskin is still alive. I believe I read that he is 88 years old. I didn’t think anybody who used to appear on the old Johnny Carson show was still alive.
Doc Severinson is 95 and still kicking.

As expected, a mere slap on the wrist.

I'm betting this won't be the last time he has an encounter with the law.

And the officer from a few months ago should at the minimum be kicked off the force.

I have a hard time believing Carter wasn’t under the influence after leaving the strip club at 4AM. Where’s the body cam footage? Seems to challenge some of the reporting

Basically, prosecutors looking the other way

Any driver of a motor vehicle who, without malice aforethought, causes an accident which causes the death of another person and leaves the scene of the accident in violation of subsection (b) of Code Section 40-6-270 commits the offense of homicide by vehicle in the first degree and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than three years nor more than 15 years.

Wait, so now the story has changed once again. According to this, Jalen Carter stopped at the time of the accident, was told by police that he could go, but then later returned to check on his friends. So if this is all true, why did he not plead "not guilty" instead of taking a "no contest" deal? I'll tell you why, it's to avoid a court case where all the evidence and facts become public.

Wait, so now the story has changed once again. According to this, Jalen Carter stopped at the time of the accident, was told by police that he could go, but then later returned to check on his friends. So if this is all true, why did he not plead "not guilty" instead of taking a "no contest" deal? I'll tell you why, it's to avoid a court case where all the evidence and facts become public.

I suspect you're right in the last statement, but even if there was nothing worse found, this narrative wouldn't excuse him from the racing charge or reckless driving or something related to the deaths. Taking the deal was a no brainier. It's just sickening that he got treated with kid gloves every step of the way.

We will likely discover bad things in a civil suit anyway, although things like intoxication can't be figured out if he wasn't tested at the scene.

I suspect you're right in the last statement, but even if there was nothing worse found, this narrative wouldn't excuse him from the racing charge or reckless driving or something related to the deaths. Taking the deal was a no brainier. It's just sickening that he got treated with kid gloves every step of the way.

We will likely discover bad things in a civil suit anyway, although things like intoxication can't be figured out if he wasn't tested at the scene.
Also, the statement that he had no alcohol or drugs in his system now also paints the picture that he was stone cold sober and willingly racing a girl that he likely knew was inebriated (well over double the legal limit). They reportedly left the same place, so if she was that drunk, no way he didn't know it.

I watched Keon White’s media session following his pro day. My immediate take away is that this dude is everything we love about Georgia Tech. This dude was on no radars until recently and he keeps grinding it out “playing with house money” and “wishing I was still under the radar”. 80 miles across the threshold of humanity, the previous likely #1 pick in the draft has done everything outlined in this thread, didn’t do anything at the combine, and had to quit his freaking pro day early because he was “gasping for air and cramping”.

17 pages on a dwag. The rich, powerful, and athletic always get preferential treatment, but we don’t talk about those. We just obsess over it because it is UGA.

Funny how Brandon Miller isn't discussed ad nauseum…oh wait, that is Bama. Want to stop being little brother? Stop talking about the cesspool every other thread.

Back