Wanted: Jalen Carter

So sad. This is what UGA fans asked for with Kirby- the opposite of St. Richt. But Richt had his long list of shady characters playing for him as well. It's a culture issue in Athens.
If accountability is not demanded, accountability will not be forthcoming. Richt, in all likelihood, had little tolerance for that crap but was not supported by those he answered to. That's likely one of the reasons they got rid of him. Richt put up with some nonsense on the field but I can't imagine him having any tolerance for the off-the-field problems that are a trademark of the dwags.

I would bet good money that the powers that be in Athens have made it clear to the coach that off-the-field issues are out of his jurisdiction and to stay out of it. I can't see Richt ever being ok with that.

So sad. This is what UGA fans asked for with Kirby- the opposite of St. Richt. But Richt had his long list of shady characters playing for him as well. It's a culture issue in Athens.
Fans almost always want the opposite of their previous coach. UGA went from St. Richt to mafia strong man Smart. They got their championships but at such a great cost. I’ll also say this is why Prime Time never got consideration from us. Too many people afraid he was just a pumped up version of Collins.

Could face Felony Reckless driving charges at least as the law is written that Reckless driving charges can become Felony if the actions lead to the deaths or significant injuries of others with a 1 to 5 year sentence. If the allegations are true he very much helped contribute to the factors that lead to their wreck and could very well do jail time. It's just a shake your head sad thing young kids with some much in front of them doing stupid stupid things....
Yea, not great. But I wouldnt expect him to serve much/any time for this. He’ll still be a top 10 pick, get rich and his life will go on.

If someone really wanted to go after him they could, but that won’t serve a purpose. The issues in Athens are systemic, not individual.

I'm guessing, and I have not read much on it, that he did not have to take a sobriety test the night of the crash and that is the Athens Clarke County/Go Dwags coverup at work. He will come forward and admit to the reckless driving, but say he was only drinking Shirley Temples all night and was only driving fast because he wanted to go to church and pray after being manhandled into going in a strip club. Kirby will back him. Woof woof.

Fans almost always want the opposite of their previous coach. UGA went from St. Richt to mafia strong man Smart. They got their championships but at such a great cost. I’ll also say this is why Prime Time never got consideration from us. Too many people afraid he was just a pumped up version of Collins.

“at such great cost.”

There’s not one uga fan on this earth who gives a öööö about whatever cost has been paid for b2b titles. Not like their program/school had any hint of integrity/prestige beforehand anyway. The chips fell their way for college football to become an auction and if there was a preseason game tomorrow they’d be lobbying senators to let this kid play.

Trackhawk came from his NIL sponsor car dealership.

Recruiting + NIL = death of multiple people

NCAA nowhere to be found... I think more people are going to die before the NCAA gets scrutiny for its lack of oversight

UGA Football reminds me of the Murdaugh family in Hampton County. Imagine all of the things that have just been swept under the rug before this.

Now that there are 2 dead kids the Athens PD has to do something to seem competent so they charge someone with a few misdemeanors almost 2 months later. If it were you or me that was racing that night we would have been in jail long ago under much more serious charges.

Was the 2021 Jeep Trackhawk a UGA rental too? Akin to giving loaded guns to children, given their record with scooters over there.

Participating in something criminal that leads to the death of someone is usually bad legally.
Only if 1) you have a bad lawyer, or 2) it doesn’t get swept under a rug to disappear in silence.

Hopefully that fixer coach who shows up on scene to “direct traffic” for uga ends up getting charged with obstruction of justice.
Agreed. I’d also be willing to bet that Carter was at the same locale and his plumbing probably wasn’t clean and clear either. He just kept it moving and didn’t look back.

Twenty-something years ago, Richt brought on board a character development coach, a pretty well-respected guy in the state.
Of course, not long after that, several players cashed in their SEC championship rings for ... cash.

Back