Watching Haynes King run....

Buzzilla

I'm all out of bubblegum
That dude has deceptive speed. Go back and look at that run he made on the late mesh pull against UNC. Dude was 30 yards down field before the cameraman figured it out.

That said, seemed like UVA was finally figuring out that he could run late in the game. I wonder how defenses are going to adjust going forward. King's running has definitely given Tech's offense a huge lift and big play threat.

I'm just concerned what adjustments the defenses are going to make and what our counter will be. The offense has been so much fun to watch the last few games. I want it to keep going.

That dude has deceptive speed. Go back and look at that run he made on the late mesh pull against UNC. Dude was 30 yards down field before the cameraman figured it out.

That said, seemed like UVA was finally figuring out that he could run late in the game. I wonder how defenses are going to adjust going forward. King's running has definitely given Tech's offense a huge lift and big play threat.

I'm just concerned what adjustments the defenses are going to make and what our counter will be. The offense has been so much fun to watch the last few games. I want it to keep going.
Haynes and Dontae and a cohesive O Line have done wonders. We are forcing teams to choose between covering a capable run game or moving outside to cover our receivers. And when you pay too much attention to either of those King either takes off and runs or has an open TE. We are at a stage where it looks like we are setting up plays the way we used to with CPJ.

The return of Dontae, plus the incredibly better play calling by Faulkner mean to me that there is an ever-increasing sense of unpredictablility in our offense. I don't think any other team's defense is going to know just what to look for. I guess that's what Faulkner has been aiming at all season, but some of those early games definitely made me wonder. That's just part of the growing process, it seems, and we now seem to be growing in leaps and bounds.

The quick throw to the RB in space on the outside edge is the cure for that. It’s Ying and Yang. You get the line backers cheating out to the side to cover it and then you come up the middle. They close in and you hit the edge again.

The quick throw to the RB in space on the outside edge is the cure for that. It’s Ying and Yang. You get the line backers cheating out to the side to cover it and then you come up the middle. They close in and you hit the edge again.
I'm for it.

Though the little sideline passes to the WR's have NOT been working. We need to figure out something else there.

I'm for it.

Though the little sideline passes to the WR's have NOT been working. We need to figure out something else there.
Those haven’t worked because someone out there is unblocked it looks like. Cheating the Rb over there has busted for huge yardage a few times

He is fast but not quick. He isn’t going to make a lot of people miss but he eats up yards.

He is fast but not quick. He isn’t going to make a lot of people miss but he eats up yards.
Gotta disagree. He's got super quick moves. He freezes defenders and then blows past them with lightning quickness and when he's got some open field it's a damn foot race to catch him. You just don't expect to see it from him.

Go back and watch the two clips linked above. Defenders frozen and defenders whiffing on tackles.

images (13).jpeg

In the post just before yours he makes a defender miss (almost helicopter) before sprinting to the end zone.

Haynes King Rushing Stats.png

He's averaging 12.7 yds/carry over the last 3 games.

Haynes King Rushing 2.png

2nd leading rusher on the team right behind Jamal Haynes and the 11th best in rushing yds in the ACC.

Back