Watching Haynes King run....

Gotta disagree. He's got super quick moves. He freezes defenders and then blows past them with lightning quickness and when he's got some open field it's a damn foot race to catch him. You just don't expect to see it from him.

Go back and watch the two clips linked above. Defenders frozen and defenders whiffing on tackles.
It's the pastey white QB stereotype that throws 'em off until it doesn't.

That dude has deceptive speed. Go back and look at that run he made on the late mesh pull against UNC. Dude was 30 yards down field before the cameraman figured it out.

That said, seemed like UVA was finally figuring out that he could run late in the game. I wonder how defenses are going to adjust going forward. King's running has definitely given Tech's offense a huge lift and big play threat.

I'm just concerned what adjustments the defenses are going to make and what our counter will be. The offense has been so much fun to watch the last few games. I want it to keep going.

Couple of things to keep in mind as well. His early season runs were out of the pocket in desperation. We had hardly any called running plays for him, option or otherwise. Now almost all of his runs are called plays and not scrambles out of the pocket.

The fact that teams have to account for him as a runner is opening up the TEs for passes, as we have seen in the past few games.

Point being, it doesn’t matter if teams are going to account for him as a runner as that will just free him up to complete more of the short yardage passes.

I'm for it.

Though the little sideline passes to the WR's have NOT been working. We need to figure out something else there.

They didn’t work because UVA sprinted their linebackers to the edge and left the middle wide open (and King ran for touchdowns).

Later, at the start of the 3rd quarter, King kept the ball a few times in a row. UVA stayed home. Next play was to Singleton over the top for a TD.

The threat of King running makes everything and everyone else better.

/

That dude has deceptive speed. Go back and look at that run he made on the late mesh pull against UNC. Dude was 30 yards down field before the cameraman figured it out.

That said, seemed like UVA was finally figuring out that he could run late in the game. I wonder how defenses are going to adjust going forward. King's running has definitely given Tech's offense a huge lift and big play threat.

I'm just concerned what adjustments the defenses are going to make and what our counter will be. The offense has been so much fun to watch the last few games. I want it to keep going.
Think it’s pretty safe to say that Haynes King is Georgia Tech’s best starting QB since Justin Thomas. Dude has been very, very good this season.

Just wait till he starts throwing left handed
1699225863403.gif

I'm for it.

Though the little sideline passes to the WR's have NOT been working. We need to figure out something else there.
Disagree. It ultimately depends on how the defense plays. We tore UNC (and 1st half Louisville) apart with those bubble and tunnel screens. UVA was attacking them aggressively, so we gashed them up the middle and beat them over the top. I partially credit the efficiency of our horizontal passing game with the success of our run game.

I get where you’re coming from, though. That is a very popular play to hate when it’s not working.

Dude is amazing- best QB we’ve had since Nesbit -total baller - I love this kid

2 good games and I think he’s first team all ACC.

Back