Watching Haynes King run....

Y’all do realize the quick WR screens, and the RB/QB option are often the same play? Right? He just has the option to make a quick pass if he wants it, the OL is still run blocking for the inside option.

Y’all do realize the quick WR screens, and the RB/QB option are often the same play? Right? He just has the option to make a quick pass if he wants it, the OL is still run blocking for the inside option.

But he is keeping it more and OL blocking better as well.

Speaking of our run game and the screens that folks complain about... CBK mentioned too that with the play calls they knew there were going to be some -1, -2, -3 yd plays. That's just the defense being called right and guys making plays. I think Faulkner's MO is trying to put our playmakers 1-on-1 vs guys in space. I saw a few times on the screen passes that go nowhere, if the receiver makes one guy miss it's a huge gain. Same for some of our runs and you can see that is evident when we hit the long ones.

Speaking of our run game and the screens that folks complain about... CBK mentioned too that with the play calls they knew there were going to be some -1, -2, -3 yd plays. That's just the defense being called right and guys making plays. I think Faulkner's MO is trying to put our playmakers 1-on-1 vs guys in space. I saw a few times on the screen passes that go nowhere, if the receiver makes one guy miss it's a huge gain. Same for some of our runs and you can see that is evident when we hit the long ones.
Forcing the defense to defend sideline to sideline every play. It's a great strategy.

That dude has deceptive speed. Go back and look at that run he made on the late mesh pull against UNC. Dude was 30 yards down field before the cameraman figured it out.

That said, seemed like UVA was finally figuring out that he could run late in the game. I wonder how defenses are going to adjust going forward. King's running has definitely given Tech's offense a huge lift and big play threat.

I'm just concerned what adjustments the defenses are going to make and what our counter will be. The offense has been so much fun to watch the last few games. I want it to keep going.
He's a portal player so Dabo won't pay any attention to him.

Forcing the defense to defend sideline to sideline every play. It's a great strategy.
Yea, that’s the genesis of the play. 2x2 on each side. QB can throw a quick screen left or right; run the handoff, or pull it for the keep. He decides based on the defensive alignment, similar to a 3-0 play. He also have a few fake screens off the same look, where we can throw vertical.

And UGAg will have it scouted. They are gonna bite on it. King pumps the ball. Our WR fakes the play, hitches long, catches, TD.

And UGAg will have it scouted. They are gonna bite on it. King pumps the ball. Our WR fakes the play, hitches long, catches, TD.

King has used the pump fake effectively this year several times…the OL has definitely been pass blocking even better. He’s had less sacks this year than games played. That’s usually unheard of.

Dude is amazing- best QB we’ve had since Nesbit -total baller - I love this kid
Hmm... Lets not forget Justin Thomas is 2-1 vs UGA and the Orange Bowl MVP and won a Gator Bowl.... While Nesbit was a great QB, Justin Thomas won more! However I guess at this point King looks more like Nesbit, once King beats UGA I guess we can compare him to Justin Thomas!

Hmm... Lets not forget Justin Thomas is 2-1 vs UGA and the Orange Bowl MVP and won a Gator Bowl.... While Nesbit was a great QB, Justin Thomas won more! However I guess at this point King looks more like Nesbit, once King beats UGA I guess we can compare him to Justin Thomas!
Beat UGAg and Clemson and King will be paraded out onto our field once a season for the rest of his life.

Back