Watching the replay

It probably went along these lines

CPJ- "defensive coaching sucks"

Pelton- "no, recruiting and retention sucks"

They looked like they were arguing about beating blocks. If the HC blasts the DL, sometimes it is good for the DL coach to stand up for his guys. Personally, I though the LB had a worse game. They were locking in on the QB.

They looked like they were arguing about beating blocks. If the HC blasts the DL, sometimes it is good for the DL coach to stand up for his guys. Personally, I though the LB had a worse game. They were locking in on the QB.

Did I see CTR in the press box? If so does he always do that? I am not a fan of having a DC or OC NOT being on the sidelines

Might have been better if CPJ could have had Roof handy rather than Pelton for his rants about the D, just MHO of course

Yeah, it appeared that his meltdown really worked too....

Just started myself three plays in on D and Gotsis is way too high and going backwards. First is a combo to the lb... The next two plays he is getting driven off the ball 1 on 1. Green is our best DT.

Did I see CTR in the press box? If so does he always do that? I am not a fan of having a DC or OC NOT being on the sidelines

Might have been better if CPJ could have had Roof handy rather than Pelton for his rants about the D, just MHO of course

Yes. Roof was in the press box.

Watched him and QBs coach Bryan Cook hit the elevator up in the West concessions right before 3rd Qtr Kickoff.

Roof needs to get his butt down on the field until we start playing better defense. If our defensive line play yesterday is a result of Pelton's coaching he best shut his mouth and be looking for work.

Go Jackets!

Was wondering where Nealy was this game after last week so watched some of the replays. Their line was intent on taking Nealy out of the plays. One replay showed their left guard submarine out from the LOS then tackle Nealy by the ankles, right in front of the ref, their QB scored on the play. Lot of holding that was not being called too.

IJ doesn't know anything about angles...I thought GT players could get that right. Snoddy needs to pick a direction and run. Haven't seen him make anybody miss yet. JT is good at making a decision and going with it... Even if it isn't always the right decision he can make positive plays instead of losses. Improvement over Vad being indecisive.

my .02

Commissiong was huge for us in the first half. Jabari Hunt-Days is our only linebacker who can do anything (other than Nealy) and I thought Custis was total beast mode. Haven't seen talent like that in a GT uniform since Calvin. Also, Nick Menocal's blocked punt was a thing of beauty.

...which would be part of a DL coach's responsibilities....

Yes and no. Pelton doesn't necessarily recruit for his position. He has a geographical area for which he is responsible. As they all do.

And for a team that was changing blocking schemes away from cut blocks, Southern managed to throw a few cut blocks yesterday, too. One of Ellison's carries early in the game, the backside guard and tackle went to cutting.

my .02

Commissiong was huge for us in the first half. Jabari Hunt-Days is our only linebacker who can do anything (other than Nealy) and I thought Custis was total beast mode. Haven't seen talent like that in a GT uniform since Calvin. Also, Nick Menocal's blocked punt was a thing of beauty.

I c wut u did there

Anyone heard what GS adjusted at half? Did the change their line spacing or something? I'd be interested in what they did and I have t seen any mention on their boards.

In before someone says "they came out in the second half fired up"

Our kickoff returning ööööing sucks. Looks like running in slow motion with no idea of what they plan to do once they meet up with the other team.

GS Coach Fritz said that they did make some adjustments on both sides of the ball, but did not elaborate. Defensively he did say that GS had to get a handle on the speed of the game and that GT threw a few new things at them that they had not seen.

Back