We Could Lose to Mercer

Well, I was just trying to figure out how to explain this in context.

mercergatech.png

200_s.gif

So, you've had a football team since 1892? How come I've never heard of you?

The good thing about playing Mercer this year is that we are guaranteed at least one win over a team in Georgia.

Well, I think if you were following the context, "We beat you in 1892," wasn't the message. "We had sports in 1892" would actually be more relevant to "Mercer hasn't has sports for very long." Lol

By that token, "Mercer hasn't had sports for very long" wasn't the message either. The year you left the Pioneer Football League and started offering modern athletic scholarships for football would actually be more relevant than anything.

I looked Mercer Football up on Wikipedia. It said their rivals are Oglethorpe and Stetson. What's Mercer's record against their two rivals in football?

Oglethorpe and Stetson aren't our rivals. But we haven't played Oglethorpe and we're 3-0 against Stetson since we came back!

I'm not gonna be satisfied until this is like a modern day Cumberland massacre.

Oglethorpe is right down the street from me. Beautiful architecture. Great doofy name. No football.

Oglethorpe is right down the street from me. Beautiful architecture. Great doofy name. No football.
Great mascot, tho. Stormy Petrels. :)

Also, just fair warning. I see you have "dawg" in your user name. Make sure you sit in a corner and have easy access to all exits.

*whispers* these guys have a thing with that word

I love it when one of our own fans poses as another team's fan to make it seem like people actually care about playing us.

Back