We get what we ask for

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
We routinely say we don't want to do the things that alabama, Clemson, etc do to attract the top talent. Then we bitch when we get beat by superior talent.

I'm not happy that we got steamrolled by Clemson, but I'm not surprised. If we aren't going to compete with them for recruits, then we likely aren't going to compete with them on the field.

I don't know why everyone is calling for Sewak to be fired. This is PJ's offense plain and simple.

Our team routinely plays better than we should, so congrats to our players and PJ for making that happen.

My god Ole Miss wins team of the week.

Edit: wrong thread, but I don't even care.

I see what you are trying to do, but I think PJ is the best coach for our program. We routinely play better than our recruiting record suggests we should. That is because PJ is a great coach.
I don't disagree. But I'd rather have a great recruiter AND a great coach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Plenty of spread teams play better than their recruiting rankings. CPJ is good, but he isn't the best coach on the sideline.

Plenty of spread teams play better than their recruiting rankings. CPJ is good, but he isn't the best coach on the sideline.
He was arguably the best coach in the country in 2014. He WAS the best coach in the ACC in 2008, 2009, and 2014.

Doesn't make it any less frustrating when we get bitch slapped by a clearly superior team that would probably beat us 9 out of 10 times.

He was arguably the best coach in the country in 2014. He WAS the best coach in the ACC in 2008, 2009, and 2014.

Doesn't make it any less frustrating when we get bitch slapped by a clearly superior team that would probably beat us 9 out of 10 times.
Said it all.

Remember we beat a top ranked Alabama in 1981 and lost every other game. It's gonna happen on both sides of the equation. We'll be ok.

Clemson talk radio the next day hyped "4 and 5 star recruits are going to beat 3 and 2 star recruits".

It's not a talent gap issue when you can't even establish the dive against the Mercer Bears. The team has changed. I miss the days of seeing the B back do more than get stuffed at the LOS when running up the middle.

It is, indeed, a problem with Sewak because our line has progressively declined the further we get from Chan's players. The dive was our bread and butter back in those days. Remember the teams of '08 and '09 when the dive was a force to be refined with? Remember when Dwyer took Miami to the cleaners by cashing them repetitively up the middle?

And if your going to say that teams are stacking the box now to stop the dive, then why can't we beat them through the air? Oh yeah, because our o line is impotent and our QB has to run for his life on passing plays.

I am frustrated because I know what we are capable of. Quit settling for 6-6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a talent gap issue when you can't even establish the dive against the Mercer Bears. The team has changed. I miss the days of seeing the B back do more than get stuffed at the LOS when running up the middle.

It is, indeed, a problem with Sewak because our line has progressively declined the further we get from Chan's players. The dive was our bread and butter back in those days. Remember the teams of '08 and '09 when the dive was a force to be refined with? Remember when Dwyer took Miami to the cleaners by cashing them repetitively up the middle?

And if your going to say that teams are stacking the box now to stop the dive, then why can't we beat them through the air? Oh yeah, because our o line is impotent and our QB has to run for his life on passing plays.

I am frustrated because I know what we are capable of. Quit settling for 6-6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah the dive died after 2014. Actually every facet of the TO died.

We have not been the same offensively since 2014. I think not having a good WR has an impact, plus line play is atrocious. Should have expected a BBack drop off after losing two seniors, but I certainly think in hindsight I under appreciated what Laskey and Days brought to the team.

Back