We get what we ask for

He was arguably the best coach in the country in 2014. He WAS the best coach in the ACC in 2008, 2009, and 2014.

Doesn't make it any less frustrating when we get bitch slapped by a clearly superior team that would probably beat us 9 out of 10 times.

I agree he has been a good coach to us. I disagree that he is the best coach in the country or that his system is the only one that would work at Tech - just my opinion.

I agree he has been a good coach to us. I disagree that he is the best coach in the country or that his system is the only one that would work at Tech - just my opinion.
I don't think anyone is saying that. I think at this point most people just believe that we are much more likely to be worse with a different coach than better.

I really, really liked watching our 08, 09, and especially 14 teams play. I love the style, and our offense is beautiful when it works. I think the system is a great fit for Tech, but is certainly not the only one that would work. It just so happens to be the one that our coach runs and has had a ton of success with.

We routinely say we don't want to do the things that alabama, Clemson, etc do to attract the top talent. Then we bitch when we get beat by superior talent.

I'm not happy that we got steamrolled by Clemson, but I'm not surprised. If we aren't going to compete with them for recruits, then we likely aren't going to compete with them on the field.

I don't know why everyone is calling for Sewak to be fired. This is PJ's offense plain and simple.

Our team routinely plays better than we should, so congrats to our players and PJ for making that happen.

Who is this we? I want football titles not ethics awards.

I don't think anyone is saying that. I think at this point most people just believe that we are much more likely to be worse with a different coach than better.

I really, really liked watching our 08, 09, and especially 14 teams play. I love the style, and our offense is beautiful when it works. I think the system is a great fit for Tech, but is certainly not the only one that would work. It just so happens to be the one that our coach runs and has had a ton of success with.
What I saw Thursday night was an abomination. We have 300 lb offensive linemen who simply don't hit anybody. It is either a schematic or coaching problem. Both of which fall on Johnson and Sewak. If we're happy beating a Boston College team that VT just boat raced, I expect more 3-9 than even 6-6. We looked bad. I didn't expect a win, but at least a Troy State effort.

What I saw Thursday night was an abomination. We have 300 lb offensive linemen who simply don't hit anybody. It is either a schematic or coaching problem. Both of which fall on Johnson and Sewak. If we're happy beating a Boston College team that VT just boat raced, I expect more 3-9 than even 6-6. We looked bad. I didn't expect a win, but at least a Troy State effort.

Embarrassingly on one of the replays, our guard whiffed the DL right in front of him. May have brushed his shin a bit on the way down but the DL basically got a free shot as our OG collapsed like a quivering bowl of jello. It was sad. Almost as if our OG was afraid of the player across the line.

Embarrassingly on one of the replays, our guard whiffed the DL right in front of him. May have brushed his shin a bit on the way down but the DL basically got a free shot as our OG collapsed like a quivering bowl of jello. It was sad. Almost as if our OG was afraid of the player across the line.
I don't blame any of our OL at all. They are coached to dive at ankles. One thing that I loved about 2014 was how much drive blocking we did and I remember thinking perhaps we've stopped cut blocking? Now are back to cut blocking.

Who is this we? I want football titles not ethics awards.
You're on a GT football message board, which consists of a small percentage of the school, but also the percentage that cares the most about GT athletics. You would think that, at least here, you would have close to 100% agreement. But you don't.

It's not a talent gap issue when you can't even establish the dive against the Mercer Bears. The team has changed. I miss the days of seeing the B back do more than get stuffed at the LOS when running up the middle.

It is, indeed, a problem with Sewak because our line has progressively declined the further we get from Chan's players. The dive was our bread and butter back in those days. Remember the teams of '08 and '09 when the dive was a force to be refined with? Remember when Dwyer took Miami to the cleaners by cashing them repetitively up the middle?

And if your going to say that teams are stacking the box now to stop the dive, then why can't we beat them through the air? Oh yeah, because our o line is impotent and our QB has to run for his life on passing plays.

I am frustrated because I know what we are capable of. Quit settling for 6-6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1. Am tired of hearing about how good opposing defenses are. This offense is supposed to be the great equalizer for us. It's supposed to level the playing field. Instead, it's just boring and getting b!tch slapped as of late. CPJ obviously approves of Sewak's techniques else he'd have stepped in and corrected them. Diving at ankles and flopping around on the ground like a catfish isn't going to work against most P5 teams. It's nice that it's what he had to do at Navy but we're NOT Navy, as much as that disappoints some Tech fans.

+1. Am tired of hearing about how good opposing defenses are. This offense is supposed to be the great equalizer for us. It's supposed to level the playing field. Instead, it's just boring and getting b!tch slapped as of late. CPJ obviously approves of Sewak's techniques else he'd have stepped in and corrected them. Diving at ankles and flopping around on the ground like a catfish isn't going to work against most P5 teams. It's nice that it's what he had to do at Navy but we're NOT Navy, as much as that disappoints some Tech fans.

You know things are tough when Navy gets votes for top 25 much more often than we do lately

Our stats over the years are usually around the same year-in and year-out. The big outlier so far this season is our yard/rush, which is sitting an entire yard below our average (4.x vs 5.x), and not high enough to really consider any offense efficient in the run game. We've played tough defenses before: Jarvis Jenkins, Ricky Sapp, DaQuon Bowers... the list goes on.

Biggest difference I see when our offense is vs. isn't working is that we neutralize those all-star players in the season when it is working. I remember shifting to Clemson's DTs for reads instead of DEs and running house on them, and upending Kam Chancellor nearly every play. That isn't happening in the seasons when things aren't working. It happened in 08, 09, and 14 (Thanks, Shaq!), and it has't happened in 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, and 16. We used to talk about how CPJ had it all figured out in his head and he was working 3 plays ahead. I don't know if that is true anymore. Either the line isn't performing or he is riding the sunset on his career. Either way, I don't think there's a new recipe for him.

2014 2014 2014 2014

It's all the Johnsonites have to talk about.

What about 2010-2013, when we were 1-15 vs VT, Clemson, Miami and uga?

What about 2015 and 2016 (s0 far) when we are 0-5 vs VT, Clemson, Miami and uga?

Is this what you people want for your football program? Is this the best you think we can do?

2014 2014 2014 2014

What about 2015 and 2016 (s0 far) when we are 0-5 vs VT, Clemson, Miami and uga?

Is this what you people want for your football program? Is this the best you think we can do?

What do you mean, you people?

I see what you are trying to do, but I think PJ is the best coach for our program. We routinely play better than our recruiting record suggests we should. That is because PJ is a great coach.
Think you probably need to ratchet your grade down a bit. CPJ is a decent coach, but great coaches do not go 3-9 in their 8th season.

2014 2014 2014 2014

2014 is the second most successful season since Coach Dodd.

You sound like a giant baby. I would be extremely embarrassed if someone stole my login and posted that drivel.

You sound like a giant baby. I would be extremely embarrassed if someone stole my login and posted that drivel.

You don't sound like--you ARE--someone who embraces losing. They got a name for the winners in the world, and it's not EffinDane.

You don't sound like--you ARE--someone who embraces losing. They got a name for the winners in the world, and it's not EffinDane.

lol. Yeah, you're a real winner, not a crybaby pussy having a public meltdown on a football message board.

You just qualified as a moron. 1990.

Back