We get what we ask for

:hiding:
I gets me ejucashun from bamer sos I gotsa difrnt perspective on devalued ejucashun.

What's long and hard on an Alabama football player?

Answer: third grade.

Seriously, that's one major reason I'm a tech fan. Their players can at least speak English. Some concessions towards academics should be, and are waived. I just think it shouldn't be taken to a win at all costs scenario.
Would you really want this guy representing your alma mater?
1200.jpg
He beat dogs... A lot:hiding:

I'm fairly certain BOR admitted when he cancelled his season tickets in 2013 the reason was because he wanted CPJ gone (and then lamented about it in 2014).

While there is some truth to what BOR is saying, I think most Tech fans would agree that open academic fraud and letting in players that have no business in college, much less GT, is not the answer. Hell, I didn't even go to GT and I would still be sorely disappointed if they went the route of an SEC school.

The answer is to expand the major offerings. It's fine if you want to be a specialty engineering school, but you can't do that and expect to compete athletically with bigger universities with MUCH broader course offerings. You just can't. We love to compare ourselves to Stanford - how do you think their recruiting would look if their athletes were forced to take calculus and couldn't take any of the liberal arts majors they tend to slide through? Anyone can have a tutor help them write an English paper. Good luck passing a Calculus test if you don't have the math skills, regardless of who your tutor is.

I gets me ejucashun from bamer sos I gotsa difrnt perspective on devalued ejucashun.

What's long and hard on an Alabama football player?

Answer: third grade.

Seriously, that's one major reason I'm a tech fan. Their players can at least speak English. Some concessions towards academics should be, and are waived. I just think it shouldn't be taken to a win at all costs scenario.
Would you really want this guy representing your alma mater?
1200.jpg

You had this guy represent your alma mater....

102113-sports-rewind-stephon-marbury.jpg

and this guy....
bio.jpg

but you also had this guy who smoked pot and committed a hit and run on campus...

joe-hamilton-01.jpg

But we all still love him just the same. My point is no one devalued your Tech degree to this point did they? Having top notch academics and a powerhouse on the football field are not mutually exclusive.

I'm fairly certain BOR admitted when he cancelled his season tickets in 2013 the reason was because he wanted CPJ gone (and then lamented about it in 2014).
Uhh.. nope. Don't make öööö up. I was pissed about PJ in 2013. Still said it would be stupid to fire him. I stopped buying season tickets because only being able to go to two games a year is pointless when you're ponying up $$$$ for 50 yard line club seats. Yeah.... I ööööing 80k.

Uhh.. nope. Don't make öööö up. I was pissed about PJ in 2013. Still said it would be stupid to fire him. I stopped buying season tickets because only being able to go to two games a year is pointless when you're ponying up $$$$ for 50 yard line club seats. Yeah.... I ööööing 80k.

I stand corrected - a quick search tells me it was because the hill isn't committed to winning in the way you'd like.

I decided to select a poster to compare StingTalk Users' posting activity as a function of Georgia Tech winning/losing during a given week, and you were randomly selected. The results were....fascinating. I will be keeping you up to date on a weekly basis to continue monitoring the trend.

Thank you for your support of Georgia Tech athletics and your contributions to StingTalk.

upload_2016-9-26_16-6-58.png
Any chance you'd run such a report on me? I'd be fascinated to learn more about myself. Thiugh come to think of it I may not post often enough to have an interesting data set.

PJ said:
We’re not going to have better athletes than Clemson,” he said. “We’re not. But that doesn’t mean we can’t beat them if you go out and execute and play. But you’re not going to beat them if you have 25 missed assignments because you don’t give yourself a chance to execute.”

PJ agrees with me^

Back