"We need to get him on the field more..."

Lou Young and Rod Sweeting aren't slouches at CB. Ried and Johnson are solid at S. We're fortunate to have five solid DB's and Mea can sub-in at either CB or S.

Edit: And Michael Peterson put in some solid minutes at CB on Saturday too.

Jemea had one of the best CB games I've ever seen at Grant Field. He should be ACC DB of the week and it had nothing to do with two interceptions. He brings physicality and he never gives up on a play. He is better than Young and it's not even close.

All I can say is we are loaded at DB particularly when
Holton returns.

Also, those who assume that CAG has a bias towards
prototypical sized players are absolutely correct.
I saw an inteview with him explaining what it took to be a great football player. The first thing out of his
mouth (and written on the board) was "You've got to
be TALL" I think this is one reason that Julian and
Jemea didn't see the field as early as expected and the only reason I can think of certain OLB's played too much last year. I can also imagine CPJ saying
Godd**** Al, they can't all be f***** tall, get the best player on the field :wink:

Jemea had one of the best CB games I've ever seen at Grant Field. He should be ACC DB of the week and it had nothing to do with two interceptions. He brings physicality and he never gives up on a play. He is better than Young and it's not even close.

I think it's close. Keep in mind Young made the play that turned the game in our favor.

1.) Pretty confident in my analysis of the starting DB's in the base defensive package that Isaiah is the weak link.

2.) Fairly confident in my analysis (Like everyone else) that Jemea is a big time play maker that currently is not starting in the base package.

3.) Fairly confident that our two starting cornerbacks are the two best CB's we've had since Wille Clay and Curley Day.

4.) Fairly confident that Reid plays his safety spot better than Isaiah plays his.

5.) Since Jemea by default cannot surplant Sweeting and Young, you play him at the spot you could use the most help which is.......

Isaiah's position.

Wow... brain buster. Stop being so condescending. You yourself have made similar analysis in the past but this time, its different for some reason.
Condescending? Okay. My only point is there's a reason the guys plays.

Louis Young and Rod Sweeting are two of the top 5 CBs I can remember playing at Tech ever. Jemea is good, but he's not a better cover corner than either of those guys and guess what? That's alright! We've got a loaded secondary right now.

Also, y'all can make a mountain out of a mole hill that was CPJ's comment

Louis Young and Rod Sweeting are two of the top 5 CBs I can remember playing at Tech ever. Jemea is good, but he's not a better cover corner than either of those guys and guess what? That's alright! We've got a loaded secondary right now.

Also, y'all can make a mountain out of a mole hill that was CPJ's comment

Just down in Bainbridge on Wednesday before the game.

Young was a big part of the problem at UVA. If JT started corner that game, we win, IMO.

Just down in Bainbridge on Wednesday before the game.

Young was a big part of the problem at UVA. If JT started corner that game, we win, IMO.

Did it look like the drought was over? Please tell me yes.

Honestly I only listened to that game on the radio so that may very well be the case that he had an off game.

Johnson mentioned tonight at the TD club in Macon that he made subtle messages to the coaching staff about Julian Burnett playing more, and that telling other coaches that certain players should play isn't something he exactly wanted to do. So that could be the case with Jamea. It's like anything else I guess. It is what it is.

Johnson mentioned tonight at the TD club in Macon that he made subtle messages to the coaching staff about Julian Burnett playing more, and that telling other coaches that certain players should play isn't something he exactly wanted to do. So that could be the case with Jamea. It's like anything else I guess. It is what it is.
I don't know why he's got to be subtle about anything and it's not his MO, anyway.

Condescending? Okay. My only point is there's a reason the guys plays.

I think IJ's weakness is consistency. He's made a lot of good plays and quite a few interceptions. However, he has been out of position a few times that have cost us. I don't remember reid getting a whole lot of attention one way or the other.

Regarding Jamea, he is one of the best on the field. He's consistent and a playmaker. I think you could put him anywhere in the secondary and profit. Having said that, it may be better to use a rotation than 1st string, etc. because of the depth.

IMO, IJ's biggest weakness in my opinion is tackling form. He needs to realize he's no longer one of the biggest/fastest guys around like he was in HS. He can't just use body mass and shoulder them. He can't take sharper angles at them thinking he'll get there in time to make a play. The athletes he's facing are also very good athletes. He needs to concentrate on fundamental form tackling, and angles.

Those are fixable things. He just needs to put in the work, he's still a very good player, but I hope he realizes that he can improve and it's really not that difficult, just takes effort and dedication. He's still a sophomore it's not as if a little time watching and learning and practice is a bad thing. He just needs to concentrate on the little things and he'll be great.

Back