"We" or "they"

Do you say "we" or "they" when referring to the football team?

• we

Votes: 78 87.6%
  • they

Votes: 11 12.4%

• Total voters
how can you not think its a little odd when a bills or jackets fan talks to you like they lined up next to you on the field?

When you make an investment like I did it's WE. As for fans, anyone who invest in their team like Tech fans or Bills fans do then I think they all have the right to take ownership in that team.

I say "we" when we win and "they" when they lose. :)

Seriously, a little of both for me, probably "they" mostly.

It's subjective. I, he, she, we, they, am, wot and sometimes why. And the 1990 unis are just fine. As are the Carson ones.

gt flunkout, others who say "we"

would you say "we played great today" or "we got to the qb great" or "we opened up good holes for hte running game" if you were talking directly TO a football player, in person, who starts on the team?

Yup, and I have done so when talking with players on multiple occasions. Former players years and years removed also use "we", I don't really think they think about it all that much.

I think the most disingenuous are those who use "we" in good times and "they" in bad times. Appreciate the honesty of those folks but to me that says a lot about how they view their fandom IMHO

I always use "they", because I feel like the guys that actually play the games deserve the respect for playing.

I read an article many years ago about this. People generally say "we" during good times and "they" during bad times. If anything, I'd rather do the opposite out of respect for the guys that play.

If we're talking about things in the greater sense, and I mean about Georgia Tech in general, then I will use "we" because we're all students/alumni. However, if it's just the team I use "they".

EDIT: Read some other responses. If you do the same thing all the time, I'm cool with it. If you're a bandwagoner, GTFO.

I usually use we, but not always.

Having said that, I love tech, and I am proud to be identified with all of it. (except gt parking)

Back