We should offer Justin Fields

Tshirt Man

Varsity Lurker
Kinda off topic but I saw somewhere that fields and fromm are the only scholarship QBs on their roster. If fields transfers and fromm goes down, then they may be screwed.

Probably just wishful thinking though. They probably have the next Hershel coming in next year to play qb

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
Can he still do that? I thought some of the rules of transfer had changed to make it less of an ownership relationship
I don’t know anything about any of this but I’d bet a lot of money that there ain’t no way kirbs would let fields get to GT even if Fields’ life mission was to play at Tech

FullMetalBuzz

Posting from your mom’s house
I don’t know anything about any of this but I’d bet a lot of money that there ain’t no way kirbs would let fields get to GT even if Fields’ life mission was to play at Tech
There was an NCAA rule change this year. After a student declares they are transferring they can go wherever the hell they want and the current school’s permission is not required. The flip side is that the current school can end the scholarship as soon as the declaration is made (effective at end of semester.)

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/6/19/17481492/ncaa-transfer-rule-changes-2018

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
We do pretty well lately with a QB named Justin.

CornerBlitz

To be the man you have to beat the man
maybe it’s against the rules, idk. But it would sure rustle a lot of jimmies if we offer their backup 5 Star.

It would destroy them if he came. Let’s do it.
This is a brilliant idea. Great work.

grantfield82

Flats Noob
Don’t know much about him or the workings of their program but have heard he is a locker room issue and distraction (Kirby promised to play him in every game this year to keep him committed and not transferring), but again, that’s all based on mutt observation/rumor

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Just wanted to make sure y’all know I think we should go after fields.

agt45

Distinguished Gentleman
I predict he goes to Bama. Sits out next year. Tua goes pro after next season and Fields takes over and beats the Dwags in the SEC Championship game.

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I predict he goes to Bama. Sits out next year. Tua goes pro after next season and Fields takes over and beats the Dwags in the SEC Championship game.
Only one problem with that. Bama prefers to keep it's starters fresh so chooses to use backups and reserves to crush the hopes and dreams of muttville.

So just a matter of Tua staying long enough to keep Fields #2 on depth chart.

Also, note to Saban to add a fake punt play to use on Bama's final, game-winning drive just to jack up the mutthurt to maximum level.

cyclejacket

Not A Fan of Biden BS
Tua's younger brother is coming in as a freshman next year. I'm sure he has an alternative scenario already envisioned.

johncu

Dodd-Like
Don’t know much about him or the workings of their program but have heard he is a locker room issue and distraction (Kirby promised to play him in every game this year to keep him committed and not transferring), but again, that’s all based on mutt observation/rumor
If Kirby made that promise, that's on him and not the kid. Tommy Bowden used to promise stud RBs the first carry of the year until Clemson lost a big opening game after a freshman RB coughed up the ball on the first play and the defense ran it back for a TD. It was no coincidence that Bowden was fired that year - the team had lost respect for him.

nytech

Varsity Lurker
My guess is that Fromm will be staying for all four years. No way is Fields waiting until 2021 for his turn.

olgoldandwhite

Dodd-Like
Why do they say he might transfer and still play in 2019?
About the only way would be some type of hardship. Moving closer to an ailing parent for example. If that were the case, it would have to be us, GA State, or Kennesaw St. He could move down and play immediately.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
About the only way would be some type of hardship. Moving closer to an ailing parent for example. If that were the case, it would have to be us, GA State, or Kennesaw St. He could move down and play immediately.
If he couldn't play immediately, it would likely be in his best interests to go to JC to stay sharp. Transfer the next year up. Play for anyone immediately