We should offer Justin Fields

Why do they say he might transfer and still play in 2019?

As stated somewhere else, rumor has it that he may try to use the racist remarks that (now kicked off team) baseball player made towards him.

"He intends to petition the NCAA for immediate eligibility. UGASports.com reported that Fields is expected to retain Tom Mars, the attorney who helped Michigan quarterback Shea Patterson gain immediate eligibility. Mars won several waiver cases in 2018.

Ole Miss players, for example, won cases to play immediately at Michigan and Florida following the Rebels’ bowl ban.

One aspect of Fields’ case could be a racial slur directed at him. Georgia baseball player Adam Sasser, who has since been dismissed from the team, allegedly yelled, and later apologized on Twitter for, the slur from the stands to put Fields in during the Tennessee game this season.

Under the NCAA’s new notification-of transfer rule, Fields is allowed to speak to coaches from other schools. Players no longer need permission from their current school to contact a potential transfer destination."

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/g...ields-if-he-decides-to-transfer-from-georgia/

Dawgs in full meltdown mode with the exception of a few rational thinkers. I was on the road today, listened to 680. It was entertaining to say the least. If Fields goes to Florida, Auburn, SEC, et. al or GT, then Athens will look like Hiroshima.

Or as a friend pointed out to me: What if Fields stays thru Sugar Bowl. UGA falls behind by three TD's to Texas, Fromm gets hurt. Fields comes in, plays lights out, brings them back to win. Then transfers the next day.....:popcorn2:.

Interesting conversation by "The Game" guys and the thought was something may be deficient with Fields. Only caught the last part, but it is an interesting thought as to why he did not play more. My thought is "don't offer!" Look at Quincy Carter. Did he ever beat GT when he was at UGA?

We should just build a statue of Justin Fields throwing the game against Bama instead.

Or as a friend pointed out to me: What if Fields stays thru Sugar Bowl. UGA falls behind by three TD's to Texas, Fromm gets hurt. Fields comes in, plays lights out, brings them back to win. Then transfers the next day.....:popcorn2:.
Better yet, Fields brings them back within 1 score, leads the team all the way down the field, then throws it away on 4th down, flips UGA the bird, and joins his new teammates at Texas.

Better yet, Fields brings them back within 1 score, leads the team all the way down the field, then throws it away on 4th down, flips UGA the bird, and joins his new teammates at Texas.
I'm for whatever happens that improves my overall entertainment value...

As stated somewhere else, rumor has it that he may try to use the racist remarks that (now kicked off team) baseball player made towards him.

"He intends to petition the NCAA for immediate eligibility. UGASports.com reported that Fields is expected to retain Tom Mars, the attorney who helped Michigan quarterback Shea Patterson gain immediate eligibility. Mars won several waiver cases in 2018.

Ole Miss players, for example, won cases to play immediately at Michigan and Florida following the Rebels’ bowl ban.

One aspect of Fields’ case could be a racial slur directed at him. Georgia baseball player Adam Sasser, who has since been dismissed from the team, allegedly yelled, and later apologized on Twitter for, the slur from the stands to put Fields in during the Tennessee game this season.

Under the NCAA’s new notification-of transfer rule, Fields is allowed to speak to coaches from other schools. Players no longer need permission from their current school to contact a potential transfer destination."

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/g...ields-if-he-decides-to-transfer-from-georgia/

I don't see how the racist remarks that he never heard yelled by a baseball player is going to show any kind of injury. If that is the case, then I think every black player on that team has a case to leave. Wait, maybe that's what needs to happen...

The NCAA has been pretty lenient with these wavers. I don't think an SEC school will work since they have they own internal regulations with years of ineligibility.

I hope I am wrong. I really do, I just don't see him landing here as any sort of possibility. The kid could go to any P5 program he wants to. Why would he pick a team that hasn't cracked the top 25 in two (or five?) years? I do get the Collins era hype but I really think it's going to be a few years of seeing his results on the field before we are considered a top contender for any transfers. The only thing we have going is ATL being home to Fields. But if the rumors of his parents being controlling are true, they aren't worried about him staying at home (if they were, he'd have never committed to Penn State). They want this kid to be the best in the nation and for him to go to the NFL. That means surrounding him with top talent on a team that is in the top ten year in and year out. I hope with CGC that this narrative applies to GT in the future but let's face it... currently that is not us. It sucks to say, though it is the truth.

I don't see him going to a place like Penn State or Oklahoma that will need a new QB next season while he sits out. The same thing could happen to him if he sits while a new QB establishes himself. Someone who started a sophomore who is likely to turn pro after next season or a place with a rising Senior starter would be ideal. Or, he can simply go somewhere that lacks talent at QB. I would guess his most likely destinations to be Florida, FSU, Tennessee, South Carolina, Texas, Michigan, or a real surprise like Kansas or Georgia Tech.

Back