We were too loud

BuzzMD

Dodd-Like
Post by Coley: http://bit.ly/cHP1Bp

Apparently, we were too loud for them on defense. They could not communicate right.

According to players on that side of the ball, however, the combination of noise and a lack of attention to detail made on-field communication a major challenge. Even at least one offensive player told The Telegraph he had heard rumblings that plays weren’t being relayed properly.

“There were little miscommunications mostly from the fact that some people were saying they weren’t hearing the calls and some people said they weren’t getting them,” linebacker, and primary defensive play-caller Brad Jefferson said. “So they’ve just got to tune in and make the calls and hear the calls.”

Safety Jerrard Tarrant, the player in charge of calling plays in the defensive backfield agreed with Jefferson’s sentiments, saying that the miscues led to mishaps during play.

“Everybody wasn’t communicating together on the same page. And if everybody isn’t on the same page then some assignment is going to get blown, someone’s going to go uncovered or a gap isn’t going to get filled,” Tarrant said.

He added that players may not hear calls because they get “caught in the moment, the crowd is getting loud, and sometimes you forget to say something or you forget to look around for the signal.”

Read more: http://www.macon.com/techtalk/?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&insiteUserId=83033061-8e5f-4406-b8c9-7104c5b74798&plckPostId=Blog%3a83033061-8e5f-4406-b8c9-7104c5b74798Post%3a93eaedd6-6cc0-4e86-abc8-7f0436019377&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest#ixzz10s6w5uDZ

Funny, I thought the defense wanted the crowd to be loud.:wow:

I've officially now heard it all. :laugher:

Yeah...that's what happened...I'm going to start calling this the "Joe Johnson club".

Good grief. I was absolutely embarrassed by the lack of noise from the home crowd and particularly from the student section. I sat in the north endzone for the first half and it was positively dead. I sat in the west stands the second half and it was not loud. Add the fact that we were at less than 90% capacity, and it was 100 degrees outside -- that was probably one of the least intimidating, quietest crowds I've seen in a while. May be it was louder on field, but I am very surprised to hear noise was an issue from the players. Doesn't bode well for the VT and Clemson road trips.

Good grief. I was absolutely embarrassed by the lack of noise from the home crowd and particularly from the student section. I sat in the north endzone for the first half and it was positively dead. I sat in the west stands the second half and it was not loud. Add the fact that we were at less than 90% capacity, and it was 100 degrees outside -- that was probably one of the least intimidating, quietest crowds I've seen in a while. May be it was louder on field, but I am very surprised to hear noise was an issue from the players. Doesn't bode well for the VT and Clemson road trips.
VT and Clemson won't be making much noise while our defense is on the field.

Wow....So why make the stupid defense video on the jumbotron and the All The Way Turnt up video.

Also what's the excuse for us not being able to tackle?

Now will home teams start encouraging their fans to cheer constantly, because it confuses both our offense and our defense?

Maybe we need like, you know, non-verbal signals?

Maybe that's what they're taking about.

That crap was awful. I predicted it would happen last year when the new board was first installed, but it looks like I was off by a year. BDS is well on its way to the crappy pro atmosphere that makes me not want to attend pro games at all.

All of what you said contributed to the lack of noise in the stadium; but the primary reason it was quiet was that there was nothing to cheer about. That 3 and out offense that CPJ was running in the first quarter kind of set the tone (or lack of a tone). Good thing NC State didn't bring a band because I'm sure that would have frightened and confused our defense as well.

Curses, curses I say, on all of you who stand and cheer the whole game. 'The Gold Standard' is to sit quietly and perhaps applaud between plays before the official puts the ball back into play.

He added that players may not hear calls because they get “caught in the moment, the crowd is getting loud, and sometimes you forget to say something or you forget to look around for the signal.

I don't get mad when bad players play like bad players, but this...wow. This is absolutely unacceptable if true.

I don't get mad when bad players play like bad players, but this...wow. This is absolutely unacceptable if true.

I don't think the guy was making excuses - he was just talking about the mental errors they were making on the field and, well, it sounds pretty damn accurate. It's not as though he's saying, "well, the crowd was too loud, so there's nothing we can really do about it."

Get a spine, folks.

I don't think the guy was making excuses - he was just talking about the mental errors they were making on the field and, well, it sounds pretty damn accurate. It's not as though he's saying, "well, the crowd was too loud, so there's nothing we can really do about it."

Get a spine, folks.
Get a spine? What the hell does that mean?

If we have players that aren't calling in the correct plays, or forgetting to look for a signal as was said in the article, that is completely unacceptable.

Get a spine? What the hell does that mean?

If we have players that aren't calling in the correct plays, or forgetting to look for a signal as was said in the article, that is completely unacceptable.

Agreed - I'm talking about the people talking like the guy's just making excuses. He's saying the same thing his coach has said - "we're making dumb mental errors - that's why we're losing." I don't think he or any other player is just throwing up his hands and saying, "oh well." And, as I just pointed out in another thread; we started last season 1-1 as well and won the ACCCG. The sky isn't falling yet.

Back