We were too loud

This is all misinterpreted. What the reporter forgot to mention is how communication broke down when NC State ran their hurry-up offense and how it affected the rhythm of the D especially when it was unexpected. What Brad and Jerrad is saying that it is very hard to focus in on the signal- caller with other external factors (crowd noise) when the opposition is ready to snap the ball. What ends up happening is each group of the D begins to scan over the signal to find what is only specific to that particular group (i.e. LBs may just look for the play and coverage, but not the front, which would put him in wrong gap on a run play). So no the D is not saying that crowd noise is a problem and they can't concentrate with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the third team this season (Kansas, UNC, and now NC State) who has caused our defense fits simply by going no-huddle. What is the reason for this? After the first two problem games, I think it would have become a point of emphasis, but it sounds like it wasn't. Can you tell us if there are any plans to make it a point of emphasis now that it's hurt us three times?

In addition, I'm surprised you would say that them going no-huddle would ever be "unexpected" given our struggles with it so far. I would expect to see a healthy dose of it going forward since other teams do watch film.

Well, I'm not deaf, so I don't speak sign language. Do you speak sign language? Do the GT players speak sign language. Take a pill, sweetie, and come back next week when your Aunt Flo leaves town again.

I'm not pissed about it. I'm just yelling in case if it's too loud for them and they can't hear me.

Point proven. I wasn't really being critical or anything, just playing around.

Well when I was on D the reason the hurry up was a problem because we had to wait on the DC in the box up top message the play to signaler, then the signaler to us. By that town the O has ran a play. I thought it would be easier since the DC was on the field but obviously not. Also a lot of the players on D are experiencing their 3rd DC in 4 seasons. And when people say it take 2-3 yrs for a coach to install his D this is one of the elements. Signals are something that are engraved in your mind like a math equation. Something like tapping my use to be man2man now it is zone blitz. Now when your process is sped up you decipher the signal quicker and make sure everyone is on the same page as you and sometime that may not be the case.

Does a defense have a standard play that they run in case if the defensive coordinator can't get his signals out?

Post by Coley: http://bit.ly/cHP1Bp

Apparently, we were too loud for them on defense. They could not communicate right.

Funny, I thought the defense wanted the crowd to be loud.:wow:

I didn't read the article to say "we were too loud." It was more that they were getting caught up in the energy of the game?

To me, the article said that they weren't communicating the plays properly on the field, and that can be attributed to losing focus. That was the problem, I didn't see it as an excuse.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the third team this season (Kansas, UNC, and now NC State) who has caused our defense fits simply by going no-huddle. What is the reason for this? After the first two problem games, I think it would have become a point of emphasis, but it sounds like it wasn't. Can you tell us if there are any plans to make it a point of emphasis now that it's hurt us three times?

In addition, I'm surprised you would say that them going no-huddle would ever be "unexpected" given our struggles with it so far. I would expect to see a healthy dose of it going forward since other teams do watch film.

One of the announcers on TV said, when State was up like 14 points, STTE of, "I know this may sound crazy, but NC State should go back to no huddle. Its not conventional, but it is working very well."

Back