Week 1 - GT - NIU Media

NIU Tuesday Press Conference: Head Coach Thomas Hammock, Players Devin Lafayette, Cole Tucker, James Ester

***Side note - At about the 16:22 mark, you'll notice a fade in/out where the video has been edited. They cut out a question that asked Devin Lafayette what was needed of their defense to win, and he proceeded to say out loud, in front of cameras that they needed to try to hurt our QB and get him out of the game. Needless to say, I hope GT was able to save a copy of the original version to show the team this week.

NIU Tuesday Press Conference: Head Coach Thomas Hammock, Players Devin Lafayette, Cole Tucker, James Ester

***Side note - At about the 16:22 mark, you'll notice a fade in/out where the video has been edited. They cut out a question that asked Devin Lafayette what was needed of their defense to win, and he proceeded to say out loud, in front of cameras that they needed to try to hurt our QB and get him out of the game. Needless to say, I hope GT was able to save a copy of the original version to show the team this week.

Boo, all dog teams are ass

That’s ööööed up. That makes me pissed. I hope they hang 60 on them.

Also I assume you know this cause your part of the team. Anyway you can find the missing audio if they have it?

Also I assume you know this cause your part of the team.
That's a negative, ghostrider.
Anyway you can find the missing audio if they have it?
I'll see what I can dig up, but I actually saw that NIU had posted their press conferences on their FB page yesterday and watched it there. It was un-edited. It wasn't up long before they realized what was said and they promptly took the video down. When NIU posted this version to their official youtube page, that part was edited out.

Like, he said the words “hurt him and get him out of the game” or was it “we need to be physical with him to wear him out so he’s less effective”?

We could beat their dumb asses without a QB anyway. Maybe we practice some wildcat here. Go to hell, dogs.

Like, he said the words “hurt him and get him out of the game” or was it “we need to be physical with him to wear him out so he’s less effective”?
get pressure on the QB and try to knock him out or hurt him early in the game

He literally said "we need to get to the QB and knock him out or hurt him." There's a reason they edited it.

That's a negative, ghostrider.

I'll see what I can dig up, but I actually saw that NIU had posted their press conferences on their FB page yesterday and watched it there. It was un-edited. It wasn't up long before they realized what was said and they promptly took the video down. When NIU posted this version to their official youtube page, that part was edited out.
I meant close to the team. Not sure why I put part of.

Figured a weekly thread for all media related to each week's game would be nice to have.

GT Tuesday Press Conference: Geoff Collins, Andrew Thacker, Dave Patenaude

Couple of thoughts:

- i know people dog him but Paterdude is refreshingly genuine and willing to talk about his strategies and thought processes. Just comes across as a good guy who loves to talk football

- did Patenaude give away the starting lineup on OL with 4 seniors and a freshman?

- Patenaude said the OL was the best he’s had at Tech. Thacker said the DL is good enough he doesn’t have to make the perfect call.

- Thacker basically insinuated last year if he didn’t make the perfect call we were in trouble and insinuated our talent isn’t just better it’s significantly better

- the optimism out of both coordinators is significant

They needed to hurt him mentally. Like say "hey, QB guy, you're so ugly it looks like you got hit by the ugly truck hauling ugly sticks". Stuff like that. It can really get a guy down.

Put in Tobias Oliver. Run 85 QB keepers. Win game.

Mighty Ducks Hockey GIF - Mighty Ducks Hockey What Did You Do - Discover &  Share GIFs

Back