Weekly Report

Why couldn't he have already made a decision he is likely to stick to? He has five years' worth of evidence to go on. Barring us either winning out(not likely) or losing out(also not likely), Gailey's fate was probably sealed after Maryland, since that was basically the end of our season. If you're going to fire him, that would be the tipping point, and if you're still going to keep him after that, it's not really like the season can get much worse. I really don't think we're going to come close to losing out with some of the cupcakes we have left.

Of course the one big wildcard is UGA. Don't know how Dan feels regarding that.

Why couldn't he have already made a decision he is likely to stick to? He has five years' worth of evidence to go on. Barring us either winning out(not likely) or losing out(also not likely), Gailey's fate was probably sealed after Maryland, since that was basically the end of our season. If you're going to fire him, that would be the tipping point, and if you're still going to keep him after that, it's not really like the season can get much worse. I really don't think we're going to come close to losing out with some of the cupcakes we have left.

Of course the one big wildcard is UGA. Don't know how Dan feels regarding that.

If he's going to hire a coach from another program, he wouldn't leave his job in midseason anyway.

I'm not saying voice his decision publicly, but like demjackets speculated, I think that in his mind the decision's probably already been made.

I think his decision is probably already made unless we win out or some such scenario. I mean if we finish 9-3 with a 6 game winning streak and win over ugag, how do you let that coach go?

I think his decision is probably already made unless we win out or some such scenario. I mean if we finish 9-3 with a 6 game winning streak and win over ugag, how do you let that coach go?
You can't, but we would be fooling ourselves if that actually happens. There's no way you can win 6 in a row by playing timid football on offense.

So, lets say Gailey is gone. What are your thoughts on Tenuta staying?

Not good, minimal. There are two guys we might try to keep on staff that is all, Tenuta might be asked to but I don't think he would stay.

If we make a move the new coach will have his own ideas of how he wants the game played. He may talk with Tenuta, if JT is interested in staying, but may not agree with his style. Or he may want him but John could have a better offer. Finally, if I had my wish the new guy would come complete with staff so we don't have to wait while he builds one. In that case there might not be room for JT.

Well, you don't. But that ain't ever gonna happen. This weekend will end that pipe dream. At Miami, needing to beat them to make it three straight wins over them, after they let their tail fly up against Butch Davis? No way, no how. We get a beatdown laid on us of biblical proportions.

You're Kim King, aren't you?

Ha, I don't fit in the same category as Kim. He was a truly great Tech man. One of the best!!! I was able to meet and take a picture with him on the dedication day it was truly a great experience.

Thanks for the update, demjackets. If DRad's already got an idea, then I gotta believe that he isn't going to keep Chan. If we keep any of the coaches currently on the staff, one of the has to be Giff. Tech isn't an easy place to recruit, so he's important.

I have a question, though, regarding recruiting. If we do bring in a new coach, and can't keep Giff, has DRad previously asked for a report on how the coaching/recruiting staff felt like they accomplished the great recruiting class last year? Hearing how you talk about DRad, I'd assume that that's already been done some time after signing day last year, and maybe is something that is regularly done each year (should be, in my opinion), but it's something that could really help a new coach here.

...or don't. You idiots trying to chase away the most informative poster on this board?

Sorry knox, that wasn't my intent - I was just replying to what I thought was a smart remark from JOJATEC. I certainly appreciate dem and the info he provides.

Thanks for the update, demjackets. If DRad's already got an idea, then I gotta believe that he isn't going to keep Chan. If we keep any of the coaches currently on the staff, one of the has to be Giff. Tech isn't an easy place to recruit, so he's important.

I have a question, though, regarding recruiting. If we do bring in a new coach, and can't keep Giff, has DRad previously asked for a report on how the coaching/recruiting staff felt like they accomplished the great recruiting class last year? Hearing how you talk about DRad, I'd assume that that's already been done some time after signing day last year, and maybe is something that is regularly done each year (should be, in my opinion), but it's something that could really help a new coach here.

Pure speculation but Giff would most likely be the most important. Last years recruits can be achieved every year, I'm sure Dan believes that and from here on out we should expect that. The staff accomplished that by actually having some people put the time in and find some pipelines, we have some strong ties now down in south Ga, with Giff staying he would continue that, the previous recruiters weren't as serious as Giff, he is an intense recruiter and the kids like him. He puts a lot of time in and gets results. They got that class by having a family atmosphere and developing strong ties between the recruits, they are also selling Atlanta very hard.

from what I understand, Charles Kelly has done a fine job recruiting as well as BMJ.

from what I understand, Charles Kelly has done a fine job recruiting as well as BMJ.

These two seem to do a fine job with their respective units as well. CK's improvement with the ST this year has been remarkable, and BJM always seems to give us a fine LB corp.

Back