Weinke in the house

What is funny about these "big cry" guys is that they think because we are stating the obvious, we are "whining". Now, I can see their point about stating our beliefs over and over about CGC being one of the worst HC's in the history of P5, but when I state that, I am certainly not whining.

For them, because they don't want to accept reality (what they call negativity), they call it whining, hoping somehow it will stop, but it won't until he is gone or somehow, and I have no idea how, he becomes a leader of men and a competent HC.

PS: The way I look at it, when they choose that reaction, it is them crying. I will continue to look at it that way every time - no response needed.
Incorrect. Your opinion... not a fact... that we won't improve until Collins is gone is what has earned you the big cry. Obviously if he improves we will improve... what a simple thing to say. You have stated your opinion quite plainly, and you get the big cry for basically saying "I'm going to keep crying until I get what I want. Wah wah wah I'm a titty baby and I want Collins fired so I can bitch about our next hire."

Incorrect. Your opinion... not a fact... that we won't improve until Collins is gone is what has earned you the big cry. Obviously if he improves we will improve... what a simple thing to say. You have stated your opinion quite plainly, and you get the big cry for basically saying "I'm going to keep crying until I get what I want. Wah wah wah I'm a titty baby and I want Collins fired so I can bitch about our next hire."

Totally agree that my thoughts on CGC are an opinion. No doubt. They are backed up by 3 years of a clown show. There is absolutely nothing in the original post to think otherwise. I even used the word “beliefs” which does not indicate anything but an opinion. It appears that some are triggered by opinions. Your opinion, which I probably disagree with, does not trigger me.

You and anyone else are welcome to your opinions as well. I won’t go to namecalling or immature insults. No reason to.

Last edited:
Totally agree that my thoughts on CGC are an opinion. No doubt. They are backed up by 3 years of a clown show.

You and anyone else are welcome to your opinions as well. I won’t go to namecalling or immature insults. No reason to.
Ok, I suppose saying that anyone with any shred of optimism is out of touch with reality is a highbrow insult and is perfectly acceptable

This coming from a guy with over 30,000 posts. So whose douching up what? We all know. But feel free to post another 5 times on this page alone and you can maybe reach 40,000 posts by kickoff at MBS.
Here you go, scooter.
:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Looks like we got a QB coach. I’d say this is a good hire & will stand by waiting to be told otherwise. Fire away.
At first I was excited that Brent Key was going to coach the OL, however that has not turned out well. Not sure what I think about this hire.

As a dual GT/UT fan I don't like this hire at all. Tennessee was just as excited as Tech fans are now because apparently most of the people posting on message boards are in their 30's+ and remember him being good at FSU. The QB play at UT was terrible, google Jarret Guarantano when you have some time. Not sure if JG's struggles were due to Pruitt being a terrible head coach, or if Weinke really was that bad at coaching QB's. That said, I called it on Cimaglia not succeeding here. I'm not sure that Weinke will do better. He may be head coach material though, maybe we'll find out if Tech ends up with 1 win at the end of September like I predict.

Two words.
Jarrett.
Guarantano.

I'm not overwhelmed, nor am I underwhelmed or even any sort of whelmed by the hires.
I'll wait to see what everything looks like 3-4 games in before I applaud or completely rip it to shreds. Spring practice will give us an indication of what we look like but will not go far as to showing efficacy.
I'll remain skeptical in the meantime.

With the exception of Choice's departure, the offensive changes look promising. Hopefully this is the season our offensive line finally demonstrates Key's coaching ability.
We still need tight ends and one more QB.

As a dual GT/UT fan I don't like this hire at all. Tennessee was just as excited as Tech fans are now because apparently most of the people posting on message boards are in their 30's+ and remember him being good at FSU. The QB play at UT was terrible, google Jarret Guarantano when you have some time. Not sure if JG's struggles were due to Pruitt being a terrible head coach, or if Weinke really was that bad at coaching QB's. That said, I called it on Cimaglia not succeeding here. I'm not sure that Weinke will do better. He may be head coach material though, maybe we'll find out if Tech ends up with 1 win at the end of September like I predict.
Weinke alluded to there being a lot more than everyone knows about the Pruitt tenure at Tennessee. He refused to say exactly what it was but it was clear that there were bad issues institutionally and within the staff. He has nothing good to say about his time there and left it at that.

Back