Well, our AJC writer, Hollis, doesn't think much of Tech's team

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, our AJC writer, Hollis, doesn\'t think much of Tech\'s team

He did a radio interview with BYU's station in Utah & pretty much just derided GT's football team & Head Coach. Here's the interview if u want to listen:

Hollis' interview with KLS in Provo

Talking about Tech's Thurs scrimmage, John Hollis says that our "Offense stinks & it is a poor excuse for a div 1 offense". He adds that Reggie Ball "is a precocious 18 yr old".
Hollis states that "Greg Gathers' kidney condition may be worse than a yr ago", which is very bad news for Tech fans.
Hollis also stabs "Coach Gailey is at the end of his rope".

I really, really think that Ga Tech deserves another writer from the AJC.

Re: Well, our AJC writer, Hollis, doesn\'t think much of Tech\'s team

Hey Dave if you got any Braines you will revoke Hollis' Press Pass.

PS: The KSL interviewer says "well, you can chalk one up in the 'W' column". I reckon they may be dumb enough to believe a 'novice' writer who doesn't care whatsoever if he's covering GT or Agnes Scott, as long as he has a paycheck coming in from the AJC. This diddie is posted on their board;

Believe it if u want to, Cougars.

Hey Wayne, If you have any Braines, you would get us an AD.

I agree. I think braine ought to revoke his press pass. Not only that, but I think all the players, especially Ball, should refuse to talk to him.

Let him starve for stories. We don't need a jackass like that covering our team.

What's his e-mail address?

John Hollis has been very fair to GT, he's a reporter doing his job. What do you want a beat writer to do - lie? It's okay he was a novice when he reported GOOD STUFF but now that it's not so good - he's a novice? Come on fellas!

Anyone that sees deficiencies is an 'evil doer'!
He's doing his job, AJC nor not. I don't think this guy has ANY AGENDA against Tech.

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
John Hollis has been very fair to GT, he's a reporter doing his job. What do you want a beat writer to do - lie? It's okay he was a novice when he reported GOOD STUFF but now that it's not so good - he's a novice? Come on fellas!

He's doing his job, AJC nor not. I don't think this guy has ANY AGENDA against Tech.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">MsT&A now we know you have lost it. Hollis is a dawgie. The only reason you are defending him is because he is being critical of Gailey... You are so transparent we should start calling you Ms T&A Glass.

Hello again everybody! Coming to you live on KSL from Salt Lake.... its Bill Riley. Welcome aboard!!

Good gawd, this guy is worse than Bobby Rathbun.

John Hollis sucks, and like everyone above, he needs to be fired from the Tech campus from anybody with balls.

Of course Braine won't do it. His track record on the ISPN (?) network speaks for itself.

MsTech, as u know, I usually agree with u. But, let me say this: this was not part of his job. This was a freelance interview with the flagship station of BYU.
As a beat writer for GT he could've slipped in something good about Ga Tech, or some player or some coach. Did it all have to be deriding everything about our football program & in almost the entire interview, with a derisive chuckle/laugh?
Would Florida St stand for this? Or North Carolina St or Clemson or Alabama or Auburn or South Carolina? The answer is NO .
If he actually feels this interview to be true, fine, he can certainly believe that. I don't care what he believes, but do I want our beat writer returning a call to do a live interview & spilling such putrid remarks about Tech over the airwaves? No, no, no.
What I'm saying is that I strongly feel GT needs another beat writer to cover our coming football season..

Quote by ET.

ET, screw you.

You say you support the program and its players, but not Chan Gailey? It has already been proved that that was impossible, and now there is further proof.

Hollis ripped Tech players. I am sure you listened to it, and you loved it.

You don't even know what you think. You delight in everything negative said about this team, including its players.

You are not cancerous. You are just a dumbass.

Easy on the sauce, LLCool. Chill. MsT is a huge contributor to everything Tech & a pleasure to have in every conversation, in every kind of way.
Let's reasonably debate whether Hollis is bad/good to have for a GT beat writer & not go off on a tangent to where we call very decent people with very decent thoughts some very immoral names.
Please, let's keep it to a discussion of the topic. Can we contribute to this topic or not?

Originally posted by GT Ace:
MsTech, as u know, I usually agree with u. But, let me say this: this was not part of his job. This was a freelance interview with the flagship station of BYU.
As a beat writer for GT he could've slipped in something good about Ga Tech, or some player or some coach. Did it all have to be deriding everything about our football program & in almost the entire interview, with a derisive chuckle/laugh?
Would Florida St stand for this? Or North Carolina St or Clemson or Alabama or Auburn or South Carolina? The answer is NO .
If he actually feels this interview to be true, fine, he can certainly believe that. I don't care what he believes, but do I want our beat writer returning a call to do a live interview & spilling such putrid remarks about Tech over the airwaves? No, no, no.
What I'm saying is that I strongly feel GT needs another beat writer to cover our coming football season..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ace: Unless this writer has some kind of agreement/contract with GT to not do these things ... do you really think the AJC will accommodate us? Doesn't this writer work for the AJC and not GT?

The announcer said they did the same type interview last year before the BYU game here - and NO ONE brought it up then! You know why, it's probably because he had good things to say about what he was seeing.

If GT wants to stifle everything, this guy in Utah probably would have asked the friendly folks at 790 The Zone or 680 The Fan or found someone else to give a review. I don't think they would have said a whole lot different. Heck, our own flagship station isn't giving us much positive stuff!

Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:
Quote by ET.

ET, screw you.

You say you support the program and its players, but not Chan Gailey? It has already been proved that that was impossible, and now there is further proof.

Hollis ripped Tech players. I am sure you listened to it, and you loved it.

You don't even know what you think. You delight in everything negative said about this team, including its players.

You are not cancerous. You are just a dumbass.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NOBODY LIKES HEARING THIS or seeing this like we did against UGAG. I actually took more out of the interview on Chan's side then I did the players. They are the ones needing direction - Chan is suppose to be that person!

That's what I got out of it! And let's get this straight, I relate to players being taught and coached, I blame Chan for this interview going this way, not the players!

I suggest someday you have a conversation or two with the ex-players I know - WE'RE ALL IN THE DUMBASS CAMP!

Originally posted by GT Ace:
Easy on the sauce, LLCool. Chill. MsT is a huge contributor to everything Tech & a pleasure to have in every conversation, in every kind of way.
Let's reasonably debate whether Hollis is bad/good to have for a GT beat writer & not go off on a tangent to where we call very decent people with very decent thoughts some very immoral names.
Please, let's keep it to a discussion of the topic. Can we contribute to this topic or not?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ace: I respect your position and thank you for the kinds words -

Ace, no sauce involved. I wish I could embibe, though.

You must be new to the "reasoning with a 6 year old" exercise.

Talked with Hollis the other evening. Oh yeah, he's interviewed Gailey. I'm not so sure about how much practice he's seen when I've been there. Honestly, I feel John is a good guy, but he is influenced by the paper he writes for. Are any of us influenced with the people we're around day to day at work? Sure we are.

Other evening it was second time I spoke with him about Nate Curry, who I feel before injury was our best WR. That group included some good ones when he was freshman. He's been banged up, but really been AWESOME in every practice I've seen. John seems to dismiss it every time. He didn't see Nate as a true freshman. Even Freddie, who is widely know as our best, feels he's been the best WR on our team. Curry is a huge story. The come back is a huge story. The way Nate has played last spring and now even electric this fall is a big story. Doesn't have to be slanted one way or the other, but it is because it's a no story to this point in AJC. Maybe John will write about it yet. We'll see.

John isn't reporting practice as far as I've noticed. Well, let me take that back. I'm not sure how much practice John really watches from my experience, but don't think it's much even though he's there.

GO JACKETS!

Originally posted by ramblinwise1:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">MsT&A now we know you have lost it. Hollis is a dawgie. The only reason you are defending him is because he is being critical of Gailey... You are so transparent we should start calling you Ms T&A Glass.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ramble: I met John Hollis 2 years ago and I believe he said he went to the University of Virginia. Unless I heard wrong, he is not a UGA grad. And when I met him he was saying good things about GT and not so good things about VA.

Do not care where the bag went to U. Do not care if he/she is "doing their job" or not. Does not matter. What matters is whether we are so low as to allow someone who we give access to our program and S/A's to treat our kids like this. What do think would happen to this fenoit in Tallahasse, or Knoxville? The same should happen to him now, whether it is from our administration or from a right upper cut from one of us.

One thing I did find interesting in this interview that no one has touched upon - AJ starting! A possibility and looks like it might happen.

How many on this board had said last season and this that the board would explode if that happened? Do you still feel that way?

This article does not bother me in the least. I think he has just given Tech another edge in the game. Whether he did it on purpose to give Tech an edge, or whether he did it to hurt Tech, it will prove to be a boost to our chances against BYU.

Father Time

Back