Well.....VT Fan's Perspective

Can't this week, I'll be manning up the DC bar - plus we're winless in games I attend in Blacksburg. But I'm planning on Pitt/NCSU/Miami/UVA/Clemson.

What bar do you man? I'm in Alexandria. But this weekend I'll be in Richmond :hsughcry:

Can't this week, I'll be manning up the DC bar - plus we're winless in games I attend in Blacksburg. But I'm planning on Pitt/NCSU/Miami/UVA/Clemson.

You can't blame yourself for that. 2012 was great until about 44 seconds left in the game. I may try to make the NCSU game but will miss the Pitt game.

Neither team is especially confident right now.

Both fan bases think they could lose, so neither wants to trash talk. Got it.

Feels like a bye week around here.

If GT loses this game, I will gargle a mouth full of Bub Foster's piss*.

*Bud Foster's piss is cheap gin, fwiw.

EDIT: 4) The year GT did beat VT, it was because they had an all world WR who they could heave up ugly, ugly passes to and as long as he was in the same zip code he'd catch it. It forced the safeties and DBs to play it straight and not cheat against the run. The net result was Nesbit running wild. That doesn't exist this year and given the QB situation, getting the ball in the same zip code as the average receivers that they do have may be a challenge.

That's delusional. And factually incorrect.

We went 1/7, with one interception, on passing during that game. And they didn't devote much to covering D. Thomas during that game. The safeties were a non-factor because their ass was on the turf before they got near the ball. D. Thomas was a blocking giant in that game.

VT is likely to win. But VT fans aren't very smart.

When I read something this emphatic on a rival's message board, I just accept it as absolute truth and don't bother watching the game. I mean, I'm sure this brilliant Hokie fan accurately analyzed and predicted both VT's win over Ohio State and their loss to ECU.

He's right. We might very well lose. I accept the fact that we probably will. But, it won't be because Bud Foster is in Paul Johnson's head. There isn't room for him. Paul Johnson's head is crammed right now with ways to maximize our chances of beating the Turkeys.

I went to one Georgia Tech game in Blacksburg, and that was enough. They might win the game, but at least our team and fans will get to come home. I wonder if they rattle their key chains when they're watching one of their games alone on TV. My guess is that they do.

good thoughts,guys
got to throw in my 2 cents

Waller hits me as Hill#2--makes the great catch misses the easy--,Smelter is the real deal,if he isn't doubled could hurt them

Braun oddly has struggled

agree on Days,right now is just 3 yds and dust

the DEf talent and depth is woeful, only 3 guys on the team know how to tackle and they get out of position, losing SIX starters hurts badly--can you say--recruiting

Smelter is the real deal.

I can understand the Stephen Hill comparison on Waller.

Smelter could literally win this game for us. Or at least be the key that allows that to happen

Waller makes good receptions... He is not Hill. The negative he has is effort when the ball looks to be long at times.

Back