Well.....VT Fan's Perspective

VT fans in general aren't very smart football fans. In 2006 I went to Blacksburg with friends and a bunch of their fans in the concession line kept mocking GT as the other Tech "that hasn't ever won anything" and "the only time they were any decent was for a couple of years in 1999, 2000". I turned to one and said when we left the SEC we had more conference championships than every member except two, and we have 4 National Championships including one as recently as Beamer's coaching tenure. The response I heard was "This isn't Division 2". Seriously, Most VT fans are borderline tards.

Meeting of the Gobbler Booster Club.
[y]fsFt5p1EN0w[/y]

I don't think VT is much better than they were the last 2 years. They are coming off a couple Jeckel and Hyde performances, but I'm thinking the OSU game was the fluke (maybe the buckeyes just aren't very good without Braxton Miller). VT has more injury concerns than us, and a starting WR just left the team for personal reasons. We are overdue to get a win against them, and we will match up better with JT under center. My mind is not **** rite just yet, but I think I'll be drinking the coolaid later this week.

The funny thing is that we actually played them during the 1990 championship season. It was a close game (6-3?) for some reason, but they were basically one of the patsies on the schedule. :-)

I think their sense of history doesn't extend too far beyond Beamer's "win enough to not get fired but never really accomplish anything meaningful and that's why we have an empty trophy case" tenure.

(It does drive me crazy that they seem to have our number, though... As much as I hate Miami, I can rationalize that they have better players than we do, but VPI is kind of an afterthought that backs into more wins than any team I've ever seen.)

JRjr

6-3 is correct. Weather was bad, team was flat. Defensive struggle obviously.

Not much trash talk from them, not much trash talk from us. Very surprised.

Our defensive talent is the worst it's ever been...like ever...but I completely disagree with the OP about our offensive talent.

Eh...it's a bad DL. The LB's and DB's are just okay. Worst ever? On the surface, I want to say no, but I'm finding it hard to refute it outright.

A Back: Charles Perkins looks like one of the best we've ever had since Anthony Allen (so far this season). We also have a TON of seniors to rotate in and out.

Not even close to AA quality right now from Perkins. He looks good, but not that good.

QB: Track star? Sure. But JT can throw it on a rope and gave us our first come-from-behind victory (on the last drive) since 2010. Tevin and Vad never had a single one!

JT is hot and cold in the passing game. He's not a serious threat as a passer.

WR: We have 1 NFL receiver. Not bad in a CPJ offense. I also think Micheal Summers is as good a #2 receiver CPJ has had since he's been here. Oh yeah, and then there's 6-6" Darren Waller to contend with.

Smelter is by no means an automatic for the NFL.

OL: Chris Griffin, Shaq Mason. Awesome right side of the line. Best in the CPJ era, imo. Our weakness is LT on pass plays. Center and Left Guard are solid as well.

BB: Our only weakness but Laskey does "OK". Also, I think Synjyn gets a few more snaps coming up soon...he can actually make people miss.

Why does everyone want Synjyn to get more carries? Are we watching the same guy? Makes guys miss? Seriously?

I have had a special feeling about this team and year. The three wins however have not help solidify that feeling. Our inconsistency has been a problem. I have rationalized the games were stepping stones to being better and great learning experiences. Much more so than blow outs would have been.

Saturday the last minute win that we made happen by forcing a turn over, making key plays on a 73 yard closing drive, along with the "Luck" of an overturned controversial, call reinforced my feelings. Over the CPJ tenure we have not had many lucky bounces.. Maybe this year will be the year that it begins to average out and get several. VT is very beatable this year. Rubber meets the road Saturday in Blacksburg. Go Jackets!! Pluck the Turkeys!!!!

This place is no fun when we assume the loss and the opponent assumes the win.

I lose less sleep over these games than I do the first three.
The first three are no win situations. Blow them out and they are easy. Close and we are lousy. A loss and I can't imagine the crap on these boards.

VT we can beat. It is Bud Foster versus CPJ. And who executes better and more consistently. If we lose close and have another whuda shuda type loss it will make for a crappy weekend. Lose by more than 10 and I take off the rose colored glasses.

Go Jackets!!! Wring the Birds neck!!

Well, we're 1-5 against them under CPJ and even when we have a lead against them, our QB has to go and break his arm, or our LB has to punch their QB. Or our defense decides that defending isn't important since there's only 44 seconds left on the clock. "Meh, how far could they get?"

Here is the thing ladies, our D is no worse than it was under Groh. JT5 is no worse than Tevin 2 years ago. We aren't going to blow this game in the final minute.

This team is going to go into Blacksburg like the ööööing Hun. They aren't just going to win the game, they are going to humiliate VT for 60 minutes. Then they are going to impregnate the VT cheerleaders, even the male ones. They are going to tar and feather that new OC and drink whiskey from Foster's skull. All of Blacksburg will burn save one man. Beamer will be left unharmed so he can fully witness the wanton destruction he has brought upon the land of the ball-less turkey.

This team is going to go into Blacksburg like the ööööing Hun. They aren't just going to win the game, they are going to humiliate VT for 60 minutes. Then they are going to impregnate the VT cheerleaders, even the male ones. They are going to tar and feather that new OC and drink whiskey from Foster's skull. All of Blacksburg will burn save one man. Beamer will be left unharmed so he can fully witness the wanton destruction he has brought upon the land of the ball-less turkey.

:biggthumpup:

Not much trash talk from them, not much trash talk from us. Very surprised.

Neither team is especially confident right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an interesting find on the EPA website.

Permit Type: Hydraulic Fracking
Applicant: Paul Johnson
Permit Date: 9/20/2014

Here is the thing ladies, our D is no worse than it was under Groh. JT5 is no worse than Tevin 2 years ago. We aren't going to blow this game in the final minute.

öööö mind rite! :biggthumpup:

The two things that I have an issue with are the "track star for a QB" and "lack of WRs" comments.

- JT5 is certainly a track star, but he essentially has better numbers than Brewer who is 10th in the conference in passer rating. He's yet to top 300 passing yards in a game despite averaging 41 attempts/game. Sure he's played OSU where 2 of his INTs came, but he threw 3 INTs in the W&M/ECU games as well. Some of his problems have been WR drops, but some of that is just not great throws. JT5 is hot/cold, but he's hit 6 passing TDs to only 1 INT (on a deep ball). And he's by FAR the bigger threat to extend plays and pick up yards on the ground. So far Brewer has 19 carries for 17 yards (with a long of 16).

- Smelter and Waller are better than any WRs they have on their roster. They call Thomas an "all world" WR who allowed us to beat them because we just tossed up jump balls to him. Nesbitt was 1-7 when we beat them in '09. Yes Thomas brought in a 51-yard bomb to set up a TD, but we also rushed for 300+ on them. Also, we've got 6'5" 240 lined up at one side and 6'3" 225 lined up at the other - both have proven more than capable at reeling in bombs. And their secondary looks about as weak as it has the last decade - they are next to last in the country in giving up plays of greater than 20 yards.

All in all, just look like another analysis done by somebody who looked at box scores. They are benching their starting CB Facyson after the ECU game. And their starting S Bonner might be hurt. And Kyle Fuller who took us down last year is gone. I think we move the ball, just need the defense to do something.

The two things that I have an issue with are the "track star for a QB" and "lack of WRs" comments.

- JT5 is certainly a track star, but he essentially has better numbers than Brewer who is 10th in the conference in passer rating. He's yet to top 300 passing yards in a game despite averaging 41 attempts/game. Sure he's played OSU where 2 of his INTs came, but he threw 3 INTs in the W&M/ECU games as well. Some of his problems have been WR drops, but some of that is just not great throws. JT5 is hot/cold, but he's hit 6 passing TDs to only 1 INT (on a deep ball). And he's by FAR the bigger threat to extend plays and pick up yards on the ground. So far Brewer has 19 carries for 17 yards (with a long of 16).

- Smelter and Waller are better than any WRs they have on their roster. They call Thomas an "all world" WR who allowed us to beat them because we just tossed up jump balls to him. Nesbitt was 1-7 when we beat them in '09. Yes Thomas brought in a 51-yard bomb to set up a TD, but we also rushed for 300+ on them. Also, we've got 6'5" 240 lined up at one side and 6'3" 225 lined up at the other - both have proven more than capable at reeling in bombs. And their secondary looks about as weak as it has the last decade - they are next to last in the country in giving up plays of greater than 20 yards.

All in all, just look like another analysis done by somebody who looked at box scores. They are benching their starting CB Facyson after the ECU game. And their starting S Bonner might be hurt. And Kyle Fuller who took us down last year is gone. I think we move the ball, just need the defense to do something.

Are you going to be able to make it to this game?

Solid. Someone has their mind rite!

Back