Well, we’ve got a QB

aeromech

Dodd-Like
You really think UNC only wanted one lineman this year? I would say four top 100 tackles is better than one top 100 tackle even if the one is higher than the 4.

The goal for every team is to get the best players they can. Year one you want us outrecruiting Bama? I'm going to note who you are because right now I feel like I'm "wrestling with a pig" discussing this with you.
I think Bama only wanted 1 OT this year and is only taking 1, and only taking 2 OL because they took 5 last year; so it is not crazy that UNC maybe only wants 1 this year since UNC took 4 last year so....

I feel like you keep moving the goal posts every time your argument falls apart. If the goal is for us to recruit at the UNC level then ok. I thought we were supposed to get higher than the 5th ranked class in the ACC; but if middle of the pack is considered where we are supposed to be then ok. I am trying to understand what you guys think the expectation should be. This started out because people were complaining that our OL is not 6'6"+ and 320+ lbs like UNC's was this week, if that is the expectation then we are not recruiting to it like the top 10 schools are. Then the argument was shifted to just the OT's should be that big, and now it is that we shouldn't be expecting that recruiting class for a few more years.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
No, its just another example of spin that just happens to be bitching about our program. Clemson actually played a different QB before Lawrence for about the same # of games as we did before now. We could look back at Bama in the recent past when Tua took over and I bet there was some rotating going on. Not to mention wildcat which most teams run.

Everyone has these fans. Negative to a fault. Nothing is good enough.
Liar. Clemson and Bama did not rotate quarterbacks mid-series like we have been. You know this.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
lol why are people disliking this? From what I can tell, people don't like aeoromech I guess (?) but that line in his post is funny.
They are mad that I keep pointing out reality to them. We are supposed to 'believe' in the system, 'embrace' the culture, and 'trust' the staff. Anyone who questions the teachings is a heretic.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Im going to say this real slow. Top 25 is a realistic goal for this year. We were 51 last year.

The ACC has 15 teams. Top 5 is not middle of the pack.

We don't completely control what others do. If we are #5 in the whole country but the top 4 teams are all ACC teams, then we aren't "middle of the pack" there either.

Clemson and Bama are enjoying long term stability and still chose to rotate QBs to some extent in the recent past. You simply chose your examples very poorly, when there are examples like UGA where a single starter has gotten 100% of meaningful, non-wildcat, snaps season after season.

The Jacket

The Coat
Im going to say this real slow. Top 25 is a realistic goal for this year. We were 51 last year.
We would have to win out to make the top 25. I don't expect to care about the polls and won't until pre-2021. We will not receive a vote for the top 25 until next year at the earliest.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
They are mad that I keep pointing out reality to them. We are supposed to 'believe' in the system, 'embrace' the culture, and 'trust' the staff. Anyone who questions the teachings is a heretic.
You are spouting negative nonsense, not reality. All the evidence is that they are doing exactly what they said they would do. Collins has been very clear. What kind of idiot thinks games 1- 5 in year 1 proves the system isnt working or the staff shouldn't be trusted or the culture is flawed? He said we would play hard and we have. He said he would develop players, which takes longer than 5 weeks to tell for sure. He said he would improve recruiting. He has.

Who the öööö are you? Everyone with access reports what we are saying as reality, not what you and Waldorf think you see from your balcony.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
We would have to win out to make the top 25. I don't expect to care about the polls and won't until pre-2021. We will not receive a vote for the top 25 until next year at the earliest.
We are talking about recruiting 2020.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
You are spouting negative nonsense, not reality. All the evidence is that they are doing exactly what they said they would do. Collins has been very clear. What kind of idiot thinks games 1- 5 in year 1 proves the system isnt working or the staff shouldn't be trusted or the culture is flawed? He said we would play hard and we have. He said he would develop players, which takes longer than 5 weeks to tell for sure. He said he would improve recruiting. He has.

Who the öööö are you? Everyone with access reports what we are saying as reality, not what you and Waldorf think you see from your balcony.
Then why do you feel the need to lie about our QB rotation this year? And yes, saying that it is what Bama and Clemson did last year is straight up lying.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Then why do you feel the need to lie about our QB rotation this year? And yes, saying that it is what Bama and Clemson did last year is straight up lying.
How did I lie? Whatever. We came into 2019 in without a gunslinging QB and everyone knew it. Iiwii. You nitpick every ööööing thing this staff is doing so if he stuck to one QB who sucked you would bitch about that too.

You picked ööööty examples. Own it.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
You really think UNC only wanted one lineman this year? I would say four top 100 tackles is better than one top 100 tackle even if the one is higher than the 4.

The goal for every team is to get the best players they can. Year one you want us outrecruiting Bama? I'm going to note who you are because right now I feel like I'm "wrestling with a pig" discussing this with you.
If only there were a way to not be forced to wrestle with a pig.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
Who's mad? I'm not mad at you. You don't get mad at your retarded little cousin. He just doesn't know any better.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Wrong. Wrong. None of those guys are both over 6'6" and 320+ lbs. If they met the measurables on the chart they would have offers from Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc.... and be rated as 4 & 5 star recruits.

Edit: They can still be good players for us; but I am not the one putting these unmet requirements out there.
Bama OL recruits last 5 years:

6'2" 306lb
6'4" 321lb
6'3" 309lb
6'2" 293lb
6'7" 330lb

6'5" 280lb
6'4" 315lb
6'4" 320lb
6'5" 305lb
6'6" 298lb

6'4" 290lb
6'5" 298lb
6'7" 295lb
6'5" 285lb
6'4" 316lb

6'7" 315lb
6'4" 339lb

6'5" 270lb
6'5" 270lb
6'6" 300lb
6'3" 290lb
6'7" 360lb

That's 22 recruits. Only 2 meet that criteria and one more right under. You don't sign them that big. You recruit height, length, and body type then grow them that size. I can do the same chart with Clemson and they're much smaller than that.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Bama OL recruits last 5 years:

6'2" 306lb
6'4" 321lb
6'3" 309lb
6'2" 293lb
6'7" 330lb

6'5" 280lb
6'4" 315lb
6'4" 320lb
6'5" 305lb
6'6" 298lb

6'4" 290lb
6'5" 298lb
6'7" 295lb
6'5" 285lb
6'4" 316lb

6'7" 315lb
6'4" 339lb

6'5" 270lb
6'5" 270lb
6'6" 300lb
6'3" 290lb
6'7" 360lb

That's 22 recruits. Only 2 meet that criteria and one more right under. You don't sign them that big. You recruit height, length, and body type then grow them that size. I can do the same chart with Clemson and they're much smaller than that.
So average those and average our 6 OL recruits this year and compare. I am interested in seeing the results myself. I do see we only have 1 recruit out of 6 that is over 300lbs though, and he is only 303lbs. None of the rest are over 290.

Last edited:

aeromech

Dodd-Like
How did I lie? Whatever. We came into 2019 in without a gunslinging QB and everyone knew it. Iiwii. You nitpick every ööööing thing this staff is doing so if he stuck to one QB who sucked you would bitch about that too.

You picked ööööty examples. Own it.
So now you moved it from 'we came in without a quarterback' to 'we came into 2019 without a gunslinging QB'.

What examples did I pick?? You are one using Clemson and Bama as examples of random QB rotations, which are terrible examples. Nobody anywhere has been rotating QBs like we have, own it.

Last edited:

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Who's mad? I'm not mad at you. You don't get mad at your retarded little cousin. He just doesn't know any better.
You mad. There's another post on here inferring I should suicide myself. Yep, ya'll mad.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Exactly where in my post do I say "yeah but" ? You could be right, we may just be ahead of all the football programs in the country. Maybe next year we will see Clemson and Bama rotating QB's randomly once they see how our unpredictability is baffling defenses.

One thing you have right is that I don't yet trust Collins. That doesn't mean I don't think he can be successful here, it means we don't know yet. There are a lot of promises about 3,4, maybe 5 years from now; and a whole bunch of throwing our current players under the bus by the 404'ers. I hope we get the 4&5 star recruits everyone was excited about over the summer; but now I am probably considered a bad fan if I set recruiting expectations that high.
I dont think an elaboration to point out the QB problem we faced was specifically arm related was a change in my position at all.

Have whatever kind of ööööty day satisfies a negative, nasty individual like yourself. But whatever you do, don't experiment below an unsafe level of drugs!

GoGATech

Big Dummy
So average those and average our 6 OL recruits this year and compare. I am interested in seeing the results myself. I do see we only have 1 recruit out of 6 that is over 300lbs though, and he is only 303lbs. None of the rest are over 290.
It's not really fair to do an overall average because you recruit different body types for C/G/T but here's the overall average.

Bama last 5 years - 6'4.7" - 304.7lb
GT 2020 - 6'5" - 282.5lb

Recruiting same height but giving up 20lb. That's out of high school though and weight is easy to add. It's actually easier to add good weight than to lose bad weight. Not saying those Bama recruits have bad weight on them, but typically heavier HS kids are not because of muscle mass. Also, a 360 and 339 pounder tip that scale to the high side. Also of note that in that same span, we recruited 10 scholarship OL while Bama recruited 22. We had 2 committed for 2019 that we basically dropped, but those guys were both 2*, 5.4 rating and averaged 6'3" 275lb. One of them was actually rated as a DT so probably rated lower as an OL, but I understand we were recruiting him at OL. We do have one 2*, 5.4 rated OL right now for 2020 that is 6'4" 275 but he is likely to be re-evaluated and could get a bump. There is also a little more to his recruitment.