Petard Hoister
Give him an extension.

TD's on every possession but one.
Tried out new kicker who was perfect.
Great looking punt.
No offensive penalties.
Perfect spirals for big gains.
D causes crucial turnovers.
D allows no scores at the end of the halves.

Looking forward to a rematch against a Lawrence-less CU in two months.

Yes, I am kidding. Sort of.

Gotta start somewhere. I think we can make a run!!!

The thing about the game I liked the most: The Crowd - wayyyyyy better than I was expecting - my faith in the GT fanbase is restored.

The thing about the game I liked the least: No James Graham. We can put him in 4 games to see what he can do. Either he has nothing to offer (which I doubt) or we see no reason to get him any game experience. If he's half of what I heard he is, then we should find a way to get him the ball in space and see what he can do. If he goes in against L'ville and other, bigger opponents then I'll take it back - otherwise, put me down for WtF?

The thing about the game I liked the most: The Crowd - wayyyyyy better than I was expecting - my faith in the GT fanbase is restored.

The thing about the game I liked the least: No James Graham. We can put him in 4 games to see what he can do. Either he has nothing to offer (which I doubt) or we see no reason to get him any game experience. If he's half of what I heard he is, then we should find a way to get him the ball in space and see what he can do. If he goes in against L'ville and other, bigger opponents then I'll take it back - otherwise, put me down for WtF?

Wait how did you give me your tickets and then go to the game anyway?

Wait how did you give me your tickets and then go to the game anyway?
Didn't. Watched on TV. I'm 600+ miles away and cannot make it very often. However, my cable provider has every game we play on basic cable.

I agree about both of these things. More students showed up than I expected. Luckily there are no Bowling Green alumni in Atlanta. Everybody was gone by the 4th quarter though.

And I definitely expected to see Graham in the 4th Quarter after TO had already marched down the field several times.

Despite the blowout, did it seem like the offense (on the ground, at least) still wasn’t as smooth and effective as it used to be? Particularly against a terrible run defense.

Outside of Oliver’s runs, it felt like more of a grind it out slog than it should against a bad team. I wasn’t particularly encouraged despite the big win, but it still beats losing.

JRjr

Why would we waste one of Graham's games on Bowling Green? If Marshall were to go down with 4 games left, we could play Graham and still give him his redshirt. He would have gained nothing today.

Despite the blowout, did it seem like the offense (on the ground, at least) still wasn’t as smooth and effective as it used to be? Particularly against a terrible run defense.

Outside of Oliver’s runs, it felt like more of a grind it out slog than it should against a bad team. I wasn’t particularly encouraged despite the big win, but it still beats losing.

JRjr

A 62 point slog?

Why would we waste one of Graham's games on Bowling Green? If Marshall were to go down with 4 games left, we could play Graham and still give him his redshirt. He would have gained nothing today.
To get him some experience in a low-risk situation. He's not the backup qb - Oliver is so let's get Graham some PT to let him get through the game jitters and get him used to the idea of going in.

Unless we are trucking L'Ville or Duke or VT or Miami, he's not going to see the field so today was a golden opportunity and still allowed us to play him in three more games. As far as I'm concerned, we blew an opportunity today.

They put 9 in the box. Going to be a little tough to run. The pass was wide open all game due to 9 in the box.

The had 6 on the line and 3 LB with no safeties and GT still ran the ball.

I saw pitches that looked good.

I saw one play for TQM and TO that should have been a pitch. TQM turned back inside for his. So muc h better to hit the guy or try and break an arm tackle.

This looked like a good team... wish this was day one versus game 5. Stay off the golf cart CPJ and step on the toes of your people a little and get into that practice huddle!

Back