We're baaaaack.....

I think PJ wants to get a big play out of it so he tells TM to throw it a little higher where we can run under it. That way we limit the overthrows or otherwise incomplete passes.

As I watched I remember wondering whether other defenses would be able to make a play that BG could not make. I guess we will find out.
There wasn't much at all that the DB's could do. It's pretty much impossible to guard someone in that situation, even if the ball is underthrown. The WR will be able to react to it first and its a fairly easy catch.

The biggest difference, IMO, is the fact that we were actually able to sustain blocks and let TaQuon throw in a relatively stable pocket. If we get to the point where we can block ACC teams like that, our offense will be ROLLING, even with a RB at QB.

I think you're joking... but catching balls in stride takes advantage of everyone's skillset.
Not really. If a player can't create separation with speed, you're better off "under throwing" the ball and letting them create the space with their bodies. If they can't do either, they shouldn't be on the field at this level contrary to our coach's opinion. Being a good receiver isn't about catching a perfectly thrown ball, it's about making adjustments to make poorly thrown balls look like they're perfectly thrown and using your body position to make sure you're the only one with a chance of making the catch.

If a player can't create separation with speed...
The separation (for us) is usually created schematically. The DB has his eyes in the backfield and there's single coverage anyhow. I can't see any argument at all where it is better to force the WR to slow down and let the DB catch up with him to snag the ball.

The separation (for us) is usually created schematically. The DB has his eyes in the backfield and there's single coverage anyhow. I can't see any argument at all where it is better to force the WR to slow down and let the DB catch up with him to snag the ball.
The argument is that, given the skill set of our receivers and quarterbacks throughout the Paul Johnson era, erring on the "under throw" side of the equation will result in more completions and make the offense more efficient. Asking a QB to throw a perfect pass will result in incompletions. It's pretty evident that this is the case, if you watch the tape, but apparently the point is unclear. It seems we're getting nowhere, but I hope the results we saw Saturday were a product of CPJ's increased presence in coaching QBs. It's certainly an adjustment I've thought needed to be made. -Peace

The argument is that, given the skill set of our receivers and quarterbacks throughout the Paul Johnson era, erring on the "under throw" side of the equation will result in more completions and make the offense more efficient. Asking a QB to throw a perfect pass will result in incompletions. It's pretty evident that this is the case, if you watch the tape, but apparently the point is unclear. It seems we're getting nowhere, but I hope the results we saw Saturday were a product of CPJ's increased presence in coaching QBs. It's certainly an adjustment I've thought needed to be made. -Peace
I didn't realize we were discussing whether overthrows are better than underthrows; I agree they're not, at least for passes on single coverage to Jalen Camp.

But I don't agree that it is pointless to coach the QB to throw neither over nor under but in stride. I see many QB's and WR's accomplish it every week. To brush that off as "asking them to be perfect" is bizarre. It's just their goal, which they do not always get right, but which they could get right more frequently than they currently do.

Anyhow, like you, I'm OK with us not resolving this! Peace –

If we lose by less than 3 TDs, will you accept a permaban?
Do I get a choice? I thought if you banned me (for an opinion) I was banned. If it is up to me, of course, I wouldn't accept a ban. I would miss the camaraderie we all enjoy here.

Do I get a choice? I thought if you banned me (for an opinion) I was banned. If it is up to me, of course, I wouldn't accept a ban. I would miss the camaraderie we all enjoy here.

I don’t feel a whole lot of camaraderie with a guy that whines we are going to get beat by 3 TDs.

Most if not all of those long passes were underthrown and would have been broken up or intercepted by a decent secondary
If just look at the stats you would think TM was on fire. Instead, those were wobbly, ugly looking ducks that somehow found the target. Not one was well thrown.

I remember some of them being under thrown; but I don't remember them looking like what you describe.
at least a couple would have been easy TD's if he would throw on time and lead better. It may be he just throws too late and doesn't have the arm strength to put it out there.

Would have been nice to see Graham, but I understand why he's not getting in until the last 4 games unless he's needed due to injury. Don't want to risk having to burn his shirt early.

It should be noted that I did reset my notifications before the game - which was up to 10K. I will reset before the Duke game also.

Still have not checked my PM's going on a decade now - not that I ever get any.

It should be noted that I did reset my notifications before the game - which was up to 10K. I will reset before the Duke game also.

PM sent

check your PMs.

Give him an extension.

TD's on every possession but one.
Tried out new kicker who was perfect.
Great looking punt.
No offensive penalties.
Perfect spirals for big gains.
D causes crucial turnovers.
D allows no scores at the end of the halves.

Looking forward to a rematch against a Lawrence-less CU in two months.

Yes, I am kidding. Sort of.
You left out getting rid of all that nasty color in the unis.It obviously slows us down.

Back