Wes Durham at it again

Who was the Tech coach that said (paraphrasing) - GT wants to be Bama on Saturday but then MIT the rest of the week. GOL?

This thread reminds me of this.

O'Leary - believe it was FSU and Harvard but I might be wrong. Point stands however.

Chan is gone. They get a membership as part of their contract. So. Paul is now gone too but he is an avid golfer and will re-up personally if he already hasnt.
Do you think that he is staying in Atlanta?

The entire line in this thread is retarded.

If there was a coach, any coach, who would come to GT not realizing our institutional drawbacks, and who's mind about the job is changed by a TV announcer, then WE DIDN'T WANT THAT COACH ANYWAY. Good grief. It's like the OP lies on Tinder to try and get laid or something.

I'm guessing that if Chan wants the pepper shaker he just reaches over and grabs it since there's no point asking Paul to pass it.

He should practice eating without a pepper shaker and make sure all his utensils know their assignments. Miss an assignment and Paul will eat your lunch.

Chan is gone. They get a membership as part of their contract. So. Paul is now gone too but he is an avid golfer and will re-up personally if he already hasnt.

I doubt he's gonna drop $50K+ to convert to an individual membership.

I doubt he's gonna drop $50K+ to convert to an individual membership.
because $50K is a lot of money to him? yeah right, if he wants to be a member there that's pocket change. plus they'd probably waive the initiation anyways.

Paul said at Lunch Bunch about 8 years ago that GT was harder than Navy because of the relative difficulty of the rivals and the level of expectations.
Well in that respect Texas, Tennessee, notre Dame and Florida are also harder than navy

I remember an interview with Curry where he said something like he was hired as HC of GT making in the $40K range per year. He became HC of Alabama making in the $350k per year range.

Yeah but he didn't tell people that Pat Dye was contributing 20% of that.

And it really felt good to stick it to bama on that deal.

Huh? They have difficult rivals and high expectations

the exact point I made. GT isn't as tough a job as people pretend it to be. There are aspects of us that are more difficult than most places but expectations and scheduling are much less difficult than many other places.

I ask again - what does "toughest" mean here?

In some ways, the service academies are easier than most. Easy schedules and, for many HS athletes, it doesn't matter who is coaching them, those kids are going to want to go there regardless.

Plus, the academies ONLY end up with top-notch scholar athletes and human beings. No slackers, no marginal academic qualifiers, no marginal athletes.

In some ways, the service academies are easier than most. Easy schedules and, for many HS athletes, it doesn't matter who is coaching them, those kids are going to want to go there regardless.

Plus, the academies ONLY end up with top-notch scholar athletes and human beings. No slackers, no marginal academic qualifiers, no marginal athletes.

I agree with you that coaching at a service academy is easier than coaching at Tech.

:p

I’m not reading this thread long enough to know how we got on the golf membership topic, but Wes is a member at my club. One thing’s for sure, it ain’t Cherokee.

Back