Wes Reads this Board, I know it for sure now

I don't judge Wes but Al had a way and he didn't back down when things got rough. His voice had a ring to it and the moment you heard him you knew it was Al.

The little 22 year old blow hard who posted above thinks he knows tradition at Tech but in reality he knows nothing just likes to blow off.

Come on, who didn't love Ciraldo?
But, um, Al could be given to make some, well, mistakes. Such as...

"The 6-10 center from Haiti, Georgia, Yvon Joseph."
"Dewberry back to pass. He's got time. Pressure!"
"Dewberry ... dip ... dup ... dip ... incomplete!"
"Big Bubba Booby Hodge..."

Some times I think Al just did those kind of things to create excitement. I've heard the guy since the 50's until his retirement and while Wes is good Al was great.

I do not know if Wes reads this or any board, I do know for a fact the AA does and is very cognizant of what is said on the boards.

grumpy+old+men.jpg

Wes is great. Al was the best when in his prime.

But Al never let the facts get in the way.

Example: " Mike Kelly drops back to pass.... he hits Steve Raible over the middle ! Raible is at the 35, 40, 45! Oh, he dropped the ball at the 35...."

When I picture oldfoggy I picture the Toomers Corner tree's killer.

Old ass angry man from Bama.

I do not know if Wes reads this or any board, I do know for a fact the AA does and is very cognizant of what is said on the boards.

Why is Hewitt still employed if that's the case?

When I picture oldfoggy I picture the Toomers Corner tree's killer.

Old ass angry man from Bama.

OK DA I was born in GEORGIA Rome to be exact. And no I'm not a Bama tree killer I just get tired of the jacket a little **** who thinks he knows Tech. I've forgotten more of Tech history and probably you as well, so just shut your MOUTH and get with the jacket and have a circle jerk. Just for your info I'm or was an engineer on the Apollo Saturn V which happened to be built here in H'ville.

I'm only 23 and don't have any recollection of al. That being said, I love Wes. I was afraid he was using us as a stepping stone for unc. Now, I feel like he has developed his own legacy of sorts here in the flats. I can't say he's better than al and frankly dont care. I've made plenty of memories listening to Wes and love every one of them.

Go screw yourself you little ****! What you don't know of Tech would fill many books!

:laugher: Oh my god. There's a new divide in the Tech fanbase. Those who only adore Al Ciraldo and ignorant 22 year old ****s.

But I'm 24. :( what do?

I am 45 and had the pleasure of listening to both Al and Wes. Al was nostalgic, (like Vin Scully) and classic for his era. Wes is a consummate professional who provides a great account of the action of the field/court. Wes is perfect for the current era. Truth be told Al wouldn't be that good in the current era but Wes probably wouldn't have been right 30 years ago.

For God sake stop this stupid argument and simply accept that we have been privileged to have both.

Sorry last time I knew of you, you were 22 but did you ever get a job? No divide here, maybe you but not me!

OK DA I was born in GEORGIA Rome to be exact. And no I'm not a Bama tree killer I just get tired of the jacket a little **** who thinks he knows Tech. I've forgotten more of Tech history and probably you as well, so just shut your MOUTH and get with the jacket and have a circle jerk. Just for your info I'm or was an engineer on the Apollo Saturn V which happened to be built here in H'ville.

Saturn V was a helluva rocket. Good onya fogey.

Sorry last time I knew of you, you were 22 but did you ever get a job? No divide here, maybe you but not me!

Job, house, wife, the works. Then I lost it all betting on the Thrashers and my wife left me for Don Waddell and has a thing with Paul Hewitt on the side. :(

Job, house, wife, the works. Then I lost it all betting on the Thrashers and my wife left me for Don Waddell and has a thing with Paul Hewitt on the side. :(

So, I'm guessing Jackette doesn't read Stingtalk any more because that's a helluva rude thing to joke about.

For God sake stop this stupid argument and simply accept that we have been privileged to have both.

This **** right here. I clearly never had a chance to enjoy Al on the regular, but I've heard clips and the man had his way. And now we've got the best in the business calling our games in Wes. We've been very, very lucky.

You are an angry old man.

You choose to still live in Bama then? Cool.

Back