Wes Reads this Board, I know it for sure now

I'm not sure if was employed by GT or it's AA or was involved in athletics there I would read these message boards...it'd be similar to reading the graffitti on the bathroom walls in the plants I used to work. I never cared much for the opinion of those who couldn't bring them up face to face or in a signed letter, i.e. not anonymously (sp?). So says the anomymous B not unaware of the irony in his own post.

I was thinking that..

I am Wes Durham.

you were the walrus (not the walrus of Dede fame) but the one who was also the eggman. Ku Koo Ku Choo. If I am mistaken please accept my sincere apologies.

Saturn V was a helluva rocket. Good onya fogey.

I was once asked the difference between a missile and a rocket. I asked this question to a friend the other day. He defined it the same way I did when I was asked. A missile like the Saturn V is guided and a rocket is typically unguided, what you might say aimed as opposed to guided to a target. But you are right the 7.5 million thrust Saturn V was a triumph of American technology. I was just one of millions who worked on the program. Many were more instrumental than I and of course many were less instrumental than I. But the fact remains the vehicle as we called it was a triumph of technology.

AE if you ever get to H'ville I'll be pleased to walk you thru the Space and Rocket center and maybe explain some thing to you.

. But you are right the 7.5 million thrust Saturn V was a triumph of American technology. I was just one of millions who worked on the program. Many were more instrumental than I and of course many were less instrumental than I. But the fact remains the vehicle as we called it was a triumph of technology.

Oldfoggy, rock on brother. Working on stuff like this make you righteous bro'. you have nothing but repect from me and I think you bring an old school view point to this board. And Al is a legend that most? alot? some? of these folks have never heard and cannnot be replaced, just like his counterpart Munson over in Athens. With that being said we could not have picked a better replacement then Wes.

Oldfoggy, rock on brother. Working on stuff like this make you righteous bro'. you have nothing but repect from me and I think you bring an old school view point to this board. And Al is a legend that most? alot? some? of these folks have never heard and cannnot be replaced, just like his counterpart Munson over in Athens. With that being said we could not have picked a better replacement then Wes.

Was it Jack Heirst (Not sure of spelling) before Al. I go back to listening too the early fiftie's. Trying to remember some of the others. They were all great encluding Wes because they called games for G.T.

I grew up listening to Al. He was great - no doubt whatsoever.

I've been listening to Wes since he got here. He is, simply put, the best out there today. If you doubt that, just try listening to the U(sic)GA crew. It'll make you want to molest collies.

Wes is also a helluva nice guy. I've talked to him at fan day and I've seen him on Callaway plaza before games. He always has time to talk to fans.

Wes is the best. That is all.

Was it Jack Heirst (Not sure of spelling) before Al. I go back to listening too the early fiftie's. Trying to remember some of the others. They were all great encluding Wes because they called games for G.T.
Mack can answer this question better than I it was something like you said. Heist/Hurst I know who you are talking about but don't remember how to spell his name.

You never heard Al Ciraldo "Toe Meets Leather" he was the best Wes is just a small image of Al.

Yes brothers and sisters, listening to Al Ciraldo was awesome. You just felt like he was as invested in GT football as you were.

However, Wes Durham does a great job. Al Ciraldo and Kim King are gone and I can think of no other person that can do as good a job with the Jackets as Wes. In time, if he stays with GT, he will be considered Al Ciraldo's equal or better. I am glad he is on the flats.

I think GT replaced a legend with a future legend. Most other schools cannot say that.

You never heard Al Ciraldo "Toe Meets Leather" he was the best Wes is just a small image of Al.

Sorry OF, as a teen I went to school with Al's children, I was a guest in his house, and I grew up listening to him but,

He could not hold a candle to Wes. Wes has / will never make the mistakes Big Al did.

Some times I think Al just did those kind of things to create excitement.

I loved Al but he confused the hell out of me:

AL: Biiiiiiiiig John Davis up over that football. The SNAP! Dewberry back to pass... Looking... Looking... Loooooooooooooooooooong pass... .... .... .... .... the man is THERE!
CAUGHT!
Lee at the 45.
Lee at the 40.
Lee at the 35!
The 30!
Lee at the 20!
... FUMBLE!
... FLAG on the play...
INTERCEPTED!
RECOVERED by Georgia Tech at the Georgia Tech 49 Yard Line.

Kim King: No Al, Tech quick-kicked on third down, Lee was in to sell the fake and tried to down it at the 30 when a Georgia player blocked him in the back before another Georgia player picked it up and ran it back to the Tech 49 before fumbling the football so Tech has it back at the original line of scrimmage except now its first down instead of third down. Tech declined the penalty for the illegal block.

AL: Biiiiiiiiig John Davis up over that football...

Yeah, Al was great but he kinda drove me nuts. But you had to love the guy - he bled White and Gold.

We have had a couple of great radio guys in our history so automatically we must argue over who was better. What happened to sh*tting on Larry Munson?

We have had a couple of great radio guys in our history so automatically we must argue over who was better. What happened to sh*tting on Larry Munson?

I actually picked up some respect for Munson after the 2000 game in Athens when he just called that game as brutally as it was happening on the field.

We all make mistakes. I hope you learned from it.
What I made from [the 2000 Tech v Uga game was the somewhat well known compilation mp3 which included the famous Munson quote about us moving the ball on them like they were Maryland or Wake Forest or somebody. Munson did not sugarcoat the fact that we gave UGa probably the worst a$$whooping we have laid on them in decades.

I loved Al but he confused the hell out of me:

AL: Biiiiiiiiig John Davis up over that football. The SNAP! Dewberry back to pass... Looking... Looking... Loooooooooooooooooooong pass... .... .... .... .... the man is THERE!
CAUGHT!
Lee at the 45.
Lee at the 40.
Lee at the 35!
The 30!
Lee at the 20!
... FUMBLE!
... FLAG on the play...
INTERCEPTED!
RECOVERED by Georgia Tech at the Georgia Tech 49 Yard Line.

Kim King: No Al, Tech quick-kicked on third down, Lee was in to sell the fake and tried to down it at the 30 when a Georgia player blocked him in the back before another Georgia player picked it up and ran it back to the Tech 49 before fumbling the football so Tech has it back at the original line of scrimmage except now its first down instead of third down. Tech declined the penalty for the illegal block.

AL: Biiiiiiiiig John Davis up over that football...

Yeah, Al was great but he kinda drove me nuts. But you had to love the guy - he bled White and Gold.

:laugher:

Sorry OF, as a teen I went to school with Al's children, I was a guest in his house, and I grew up listening to him but,

He could not hold a candle to Wes. Wes has / will never make the mistakes Big Al did.

So you're a Viking?

Have you driven by his house lately? It's got a big ol' dawg flag hanging from it. Al can't rest in peace.

I grew up very near there house and live nearby.

Back