Wes Welker's wife gets my vote for Wife of the Year.

BeeStorm

The Dark Side of the Force
Telling it like it is. :bowrofl:

24b2p2g.jpg
[/QUOTE]

she obviously has been hanging out with Giselle, that feisty little Conyers girl.

Love what she said but this will come back to bite Wes Welker in the rear. Nowadays, WE can't say things of this nature because of the sensitivity nature of it.

God bless you Anna Welker

Anybody who needed to read about the whole thing like I did:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/47958/remembering-the-ray-lewis-controversy

Everything about his guy screams thug. Hard to believe the average football fan knows him best for being a great football player and not for murdering and/or covering up the murder of two young guys outside a club. The man should be in jail - not the HOF.

People's reaction to Ray Lewis always amazes me. From all accounts he didn't initiate the fight, and only one witness (who's credibility was questionable at best) testified that he even participated in the fight. I think a reasonable person can look at what is known and see a man who's "friends" got him into a very bad situation which he tried to stop in the heat of the moment, then later tried to cover up in fear of losing everything. I completely agree that he obstructed the investigation, but the "Ray Lewis is a murderer" line is over the top.

don't want to be called a murderer? Don't hang out with people who murder people.

Don't want people to question the verdict? Don't have all the witnesses change their testimony in court from what they told police.

don't want to be called a murderer? Don't hang out with people who murder people.

Uh, sometimes you don't know until you know. Things can escalate quickly in certain circumstances and can get beyond your control whether you do the right thing or not (not saying he did/didn't).

He's not a murderer simply for being in the group. Justice obstructor? Yeah. Murderer? Nah.

People's reaction to Ray Lewis always amazes me. From all accounts he didn't initiate the fight, and only one witness (who's credibility was questionable at best) testified that he even participated in the fight. I think a reasonable person can look at what is known and see a man who's "friends" got him into a very bad situation which he tried to stop in the heat of the moment, then later tried to cover up in fear of losing everything. I completely agree that he obstructed the investigation, but the "Ray Lewis is a murderer" line is over the top.

This is where I fall too. Drunk guys got into a fight. It's not like Lewis group was stalking the other guys. Those guys approached Lewis' group.

There is absolutely zero evidence that he tried to stop the fight. Only some (admittedly questionable) accounts that he was actively participating in the fight. Regardless it doesn't change the facts that he:

- Lied to police during initial questioning

- Purchased a knife fitting the description of the murder weapon the day before.

- Accepted a plea bargain to dismiss the murder charge in exchange for giving testimony against his two friends.

- Plead guilty to obstruction of justice (AKA covering up the murders that he and/or his friends committed)

- Destroyed evidence in a murder case (his suit from that day was never found)

- Reached an undisclosed settlement with Victim A's grandmother after being sued for $10 million.

- Reached an undisclosed settlement (with included confidentiality clause) with Victim B's pregnant fiancee after being sued for $13 million.

At this point I don't really care if he did the stabbing or not. The facts show he's a thug who tried to cover up the actions of both he and his friends to save his own skin. I see no reason to celebrate a man like that.

Wasn't OJ aquitted as well?

As I understand it (but I'm no lawyer) he was never acquitted of the murder charge. The prosecution (presumably having better cases against the other two) offered to drop his murder charge in exchange for testifying against his friends.

Murderer maybe not, thug definitely. I hope the 9ers knock him out early. That would be hilarious.

Back