We've been discovered

SoCal Jacket

Dodd-Like
At Hawkeye Report.com: (http://iowa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=804&tid=129101467&mid=129101467&sid=940&style=2)
"GT Message Board, interesting 'discussions"
If no one has posted this already,here's a link to a GT message board.

Link: http://www.stingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39304

After visiting (lurking?) on their board since Sunday, I find their fan base relatively friendly and willing to intelligently discuss the opposing points contrasted to the comparatively uneducated knuckle dragging sub humans from (th)uga. Only a couple of ACC smack talkers have intruded there yet. However, they are fairly uneducated regarding the potential of the flexbone. Thoughts consist of disciplined assignment defense and time to prepare will defeat CPJ. Also they believe that we do not pass well. :biggthumpup: Bebe may be in for a great game.

Posted on 12/7 3:19 PM | IP: Logged

At Hawkeye Report.com: (http://iowa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=804&tid=129101467&mid=129101467&sid=940&style=2)
"GT Message Board, interesting 'discussions"
If no one has posted this already,here's a link to a GT message board.

Link: http://www.stingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39304
After visiting (lurking?) on their board since Sunday, I find their fan base relatively friendly and willing to intelligently discuss the opposing points contrasted to the comparatively uneducated knuckle dragging sub humans from (th)uga. Only a couple of ACC smack talkers have intruded there yet. However, they are fairly uneducated regarding the potential of the flexbone. Thoughts consist of disciplined assignment defense and time to prepare will defeat CPJ. Also they believe that we do not pass well. :biggthumpup: Bebe may be in for a great game.

Posted on 12/7 3:19 PM | IP: Logged

They also act like someone stole their teddy bear if you say anything about GT having success running the ball on their defense. Seriously... its like The Hive premium board during the Chan Gailey years. I'm not kidding either. No fun at all. There's like 4 posts by various GT posters including me saying "we expect to be able to run on them inspite of their defense" and I'm not kidding, there are people accusing us of "dumping all over Iowa football". It's like a sissy fest over there.

I hope they have terrible towels like Pittsburg Steelers fans because they're going to need them to cry in.

Lmao. Your description of their board was like reading about a first encounter with an alien life form.

I've found them to be generally good people. Many of them have the same impression of our O that people did last year(one dimensional, gimmick, etc). But you can't fault them for being uninformed about something they've never seen.

I've deemed them safe for interaction. Also they appear to be able to sustain life in our atmosphere.

They also act like someone stole their teddy bear if you say anything about GT having success running the ball on their defense. Seriously... its like The Hive premium board during the Chan Gailey years. I'm not kidding either. No fun at all. There's like 4 posts by various GT posters including me saying "we expect to be able to run on them inspite of their defense" and I'm not kidding, there are people accusing us of "dumping all over Iowa football". It's like a sissy fest over there.

I hope they have terrible towels like Pittsburg Steelers fans because they're going to need them to cry in.

:biggthumpup: BOR, I have to say that I'm proud of the way you held more than your own on your thread: http://iowa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=804&tid=129084290&mid=129084290&sid=940&style=2

I believe that their defensive line may be bigger/stronger than we've seen outside of UNC and VPI. Reviewing their games doesn't show any more outside speed to shut down our option than we have seen before.

These folks:
  1. From their reactions to BOR and other posts appear to feel that they get little respect from their big-10 co-members.
  2. Seem convinced that having shut down someone's secondary attempt at an option game qualifies them as having mastered the "blueprint" (great news if coaches buy it).
  3. Evidently haven't heard of Bebe and Josh's passing.
  4. Maintain an almost cultural "******" view of the South. Many comments regarding burring down the South again, no schools, pictures of folks in movie Deliverance, other meaningless non-football smack. Guess they might have been viewing (th)uga's press releases or fan pictures.
Nevertheless, contrasted to the troglodyte exposure to (th)uga fans, these guys are almost refreshing. If our defense gets healed/better over the break, I'm excited about meeting this team.

I think it's funny how some of our guys have posted logical, respectful stuff over there only to be met with trash.

I believe that their defensive line may be bigger/stronger than we've seen outside of UNC and VPI. Reviewing their games doesn't show any more outside speed to shut down our option than we have seen before.

Lets not forget Clemson has a really good defensive line. If we can get all the offensive linemen back (besides Smith of coarse) I feel we can come to terms with their line as long as we come to play.

I think it's funny how some of our guys have posted logical, respectful stuff over there only to be met with trash.
Dude, get your **** mind rite.
OBVIOUSLY if you think that Georgia Tech matches up well against their incredible, mind-blowing defense and believe that we can win, then your just arrogant and need to get off your high horse. Srsly.

Dude, get your **** mind rite.
OBVIOUSLY if you think that Georgia Tech matches up well against their incredible, mind-blowing defense and believe that we can win, then your just arrogant and need to get off your high horse. Srsly.

Speaking of that, they'll out run GT as well.

I would give them a break, they probably haven't seen us play, and like most outsiders think all we run is one play, the triple option out of the 'wishbone'.

I would give them a break, they probably haven't seen us play, and like most outsiders think all we run is one play, the triple option out of the 'wishbone'.

SShhhh, don't let the Hawkeye fans know this, but it's basically a HS offense.

Fellas, let's try and remember that Iowans are a largely sober people that would not understand strong drink and related behavior. I'm pretty sure they're Episcopalians.

Not sure why they call us uneducated when they're referring to Georgia Tech fans.

Yea, I forgot about that one. Hate to rely on the age old SAT / alumni salary / national ranking / etc. debate points, but, really, does ANYONE rank Iowa academics in the same strata with Grorgia Tech's?

Georgia Tech much > anything at Iowa outside of corn

I live in the middle of Big Ten country, and most people here don't understand this offense whatsoever. My boss today gave me his ten minute speech on why he could easily... easily ...stop our offense. And it included stacking the box, but somehow keeping a safety over the top. I didn't argue because I like getting paid.

Big Ten football is slow, and Iowa might be a well coached team, but they also struggled to beat some real goats before Stanzi went down. BoR is right, the only way we lose this game is if we come out rusty. I have a feeling that Iowa will do well at first, being well coached, but Paul will change the blocking schemes and we'll pop em for some big gains. Then, and this is always my favorite part, the death marches will begin.

Fellas, let's try and remember that Iowans are a largely sober people that would not understand strong drink and related behavior. I'm pretty sure they're Episcopalians.

You had me laughing until the last part. We'll go shot for shot with any other denomination and see who is still standing.

Big Ten football is slow, and Iowa might be a well coached team, but they also struggled to beat some real goats before Stanzi went down. BoR is right, the only way we lose this game is if we come out rusty. I have a feeling that Iowa will do well at first, being well coached, but Paul will change the blocking schemes and we'll pop em for some big gains. Then, and this is always my favorite part, the death marches will begin.

I vote we come out in whatever formation and schemes that we used with success against Virginia Tech. Just a gut feeling.

JacketDan said:

You had me laughing until the last part. We'll go shot for shot with any other denomination and see who is still standing.
Irish Catholic. Bring it on.

I'm an Episcipalian and I know strong drink. Ever heard the term "whiskopalian"? Episcopalian's are known for drinking. Hell, we don't have a problem with it. Its the Southern Baptists who get all bent out of shape and say don't drink or you're going to hell. Get your methodologys right.

Back