We've been here before...

How well do we play against Miami?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Being around for a while, I get bad deja vu the week leading up to a big but winnable game following a game where we just destroyed a decent team.

Historically, Tech has had some of its most crushing losses in exactly this situation.

So, what's it going to be this Saturday? Did we re-focus after the UVa game and get our collective minds rite or did we spend the week admiring film from our obliteration of the cadavers?

I'm pretty certain that the only thing Miami has had on its mind this week is kicking our butts.

How we play this Saturday will tell me a lot about how focused on the prize we are this season.

There have been a lot of tremors along this fault line this week. It feels like if we lose to Miami this go 'round, we could be in for a big one.

Please, everyone remember to keep your meltdown SFW.

I'm getting my meltdown game face on....I think we break 9-3-12 record...

Only a GT fanbase would be anticipating the meltdown after a loss before the game has even been played.

I think everybody's nervous with the VT loss in mind. Hopefully we come out layin track.

Sent from my DeLorean using the Flux Capacitor

Only a GT fanbase would be anticipating the meltdown after a loss before the game has even been played.

No, plenty of fanbases would, but you're right in that this anticipation is unique. I'm anticipating the meltdown even if we win before the game has been played.

As an aside, only beginning to anticipate a meltdown after a game has been lost wouldn't lend you much time for anticipation, really.

I believe this game will resemble the Maryland game from last year, except Miami doesn't make it look at close

I have no idea. I've been going back and forth on this question myself. In part because Miami has had crap run defense during the last 3 years and still whooped us. They outperformed their expected run defense against us by the same amount with and without extra time to prepare.

This ridiculous defeatist attitude is what Ive been griping about lately.

Here are 5 games against cupcakes, that I count a W's before these games are even played:
1. PC
2. MTSU
3. BC
4. MD
5. Duke

And yet, even with these 5 cupckaes, there's still so-called "fans" on this board that are "cautiously optimistic" enough about our season to believe that "6-7 or 7-6 is well within the realm of possibility this year."

Really ?!?! 5 freakin cupcakes on the schedule
and some believe 6-7 or 7-6 is a real possibility ??

Just...freakin...pitiful.

Maybe I'm alone in my belief & excitement that this
will be a VERY special year on The Flats.

I think offensively we will be very difficult for UM to stop. They are very inexperienced in on defense. They had remnants of a lot of guys who were flat out embarassed and motivated from that 2008 game all the way through last year. Most of those players are now gone. But unfortunately we're just going to create a whole new host of them come Saturday.

Defensively...I'm not sure how we'll play...but I think if we're able to get to a position where Miami has to throw the ball to keep up with us, it will be a good day on defense.

I still think we will win out going into Georgia, and shock the BCS world with a win in Athens and a win against Florida State in Charlotte boosting us 10 places in the BCS standings in 2 weeks, from top 15 to top 5. That'd be pretty sweet. It would be pretty cool to be sitting at 12-1 with no losses coming in regulation. Beating 2 undefeated (UGA, FSU) teams along the way and 2 1-loss (Clemson, BYU) teams to boot.

Thinking about this game is giving me fits. I want to believe we have what it takes to absolutely lay it on them for what they've done to us the past three years. And on paper, we should be able to. Our running game is phenomenal, their run defense is atrocious.

But I remember feeling this way before, only to lose to them. Regardless, I have faith that we can hang at least 35 on them. That should get us a win. We've got this.

We have a defense this year!!
Much less pressure on the offense means controlled excellence.

I think our guys care.

I think our coaches care too much about revenge.

Win the game because it's the next one on the schedule not because of something that happened last year.

Back