We've been here before...

How well do we play against Miami?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think offensively we will be very difficult for UM to stop. They are very inexperienced in on defense. They had remnants of a lot of guys who were flat out embarassed and motivated from that 2008 game all the way through last year. Most of those players are now gone. But unfortunately we're just going to create a whole new host of them come Saturday.

Defensively...I'm not sure how we'll play...but I think if we're able to get to a position where Miami has to throw the ball to keep up with us, it will be a good day on defense.

I still think we will win out going into Georgia, and shock the BCS world with a win in Athens and a win against Florida State in Charlotte boosting us 10 places in the BCS standings in 2 weeks, from top 15 to top 5. That'd be pretty sweet. It would be pretty cool to be sitting at 12-1 with no losses coming in regulation. Beating 2 undefeated (UGA, FSU) teams along the way and 2 1-loss (Clemson, BYU) teams to boot.

^^^^^Mind Right ^^^^^

Try sharing your well-written enthusiasm with GT1992.

You'll have to say it loudly.

He's got his head "all the way turnt up" his azz
with his freakin 6-7 or 7-6 nonsense.

I would be shocked if we didn't come out and put one on 'em! Home game, vs Miami, 3 losses in a row to them, Coastal division title hopes, and a much improved Defense spells an ol' fashioned a$$whoopin in my book. Put my money on 38-17 good guys and possibly worse unless CPJ pulls in the reigns!

I think our coaches care too much about revenge.

Win the game because it's the next one on the schedule not because of something that happened last year.

The coaches just use that schtick to keep the guys focused in practice. Hey, whatever works. Most coaches will say the hardest part of the job is getting the team "emotionally up" each and every game.

The coaches just use that schtick to keep the guys focused in practice. Hey, whatever works. Most coaches will say the hardest part of the job is getting the team "emotionally up" each and every game.

Just the hum drum life of a rock star out there. Needs a little somethin' extra to get me going.

In all seriousness, I'm in no way qualified to talk about that, but it does seem a bit strange from the bleachers, doesn't it?

This ridiculous defeatist attitude is what Ive been griping about lately.
Its neither ridiculous nor defeatist. Intangibles are part of the game and I have 30+ years of history whispering in my ear that the intangibles leading up to this game are not 100% conducive to a [mind=rite] performance.

On the other hand, if everyone predicted scores like your VT prediction then I guess we could all ridicule the guy who only thinks we win by 3 touchdowns.

I don't mind your optimism but for me, predicting the outcome of a game includes more than just hoping we clobber somebody.

No matter how good a team is, they always have a few bad games. The really good teams manage to win, even when they don't play well. This game has all the makings of a letdown, but I think we'll win anyway. It might be closer than most expect, because Miami seems to match up well against us. That's OK with me, because I'd like to sneak up on Clemson.

That's kinda my point - the coaches care more about revenge than the players do.

Then again, I'm one who doesn't put a lot of stock into emotion having a big impact on the game. Give me two teams of equal talent and I'll take the team that's focused on doing their jobs over the one that is focused on out-swaggering it's opponent.

Not yet confident that we've obtained to offensive steamroller from 2009-10. Remember, we never punted - the other guys felt pressure to score every possession because we were going to. We surely did not put that pressure on VPISU. While performing well against UVA, we scored so quickly that we hardly had time to wear them out physically and mentally.

So much of CPJ's T/O strategy is a form of PsyOps working on the opponent's head. Would love to see those steady 5-10 yard option chunks or real estate down the field (repeated Death Marches - especially early in the third quarter) that there is nothing in their inventory that they can employ to stop us. There is nothing more demoralizing for our opponents and it also gets their O vs. D finger pointing going.

Its neither ridiculous nor defeatist. Intangibles are part of the game and I have 30+ years of history whispering in my ear that the intangibles leading up to this game are not 100% conducive to a [mind=rite] performance.

On the other hand, if everyone predicted scores like your VT prediction then I guess we could all ridicule the guy who only thinks we win by 3 touchdowns.

I don't mind your optimism but for me, predicting the outcome of a game includes more than just hoping we clobber somebody.

Yes.....it is ridiculous and defeatist to think that
"6-7 or 7-6 is well within the realm of possibility this year" ......with 5 cupcakes on the schedule.

And also based on how well-stacked on starting & back-up talent we are at every position this year.

Reinforced by the fact that in the last 34 times we've played UVA dating back to 1965, we have never laid 50+ on them.

Where's is the freakin enthusiasm ????????

While my nervous gut from the last few years against d'uh U isn't convinced, my brain is. We will steamroll them. This team has its play mind rite.

1) Our D is good, really good. Given that we've been clearing the benches by the 4th qtr during the last 2 weeks, I looked at our yds/play average for the first 3qtrs. We'd be a top 10 D based on those numbers and we've played two conference games. We're top 20 in scoring D and total D as it stands anyway.

2) The OL we started against UVA looked really strong. I really like Will Jackson at Tackle. I just won't believe that they'll crap the bed like they did the last couple of years.

Now, in support of Crew4b's post: FSU's stats are just stupid good. They're D looks to be in Bama category. And after this weekend, their schedule is pretty soft, especially if vpi continues to look bad.

Very Realistic scenario: GT & FSU win out until rivalry week (U[sic]Ga and UF). CU loses this weekend but also beats vippysue.

That means that after the rivalry games, however they turn out, we'd be playing FSU in the ACC championship game. I think FSU will win thier game, making them 1 or 2 in the polls. All the pressure will be on them, while we'll be relaxed and laughing because we just whooped the dwags. It will be a Good [night in] Charlotte.

Yes.....it is ridiculous and defeatist to think that
"6-7 or 7-6 is well within the realm of possibility this year" ......with 5 cupcakes on the schedule.

And also based on how well-stacked on starting & back-up talent we are at every position this year.

Reinforced by the fact that in the last 34 times we've played UVA dating back to 1965, we have never laid 50+ on them.

Paul-McCartney.gif

This is exactly what we did to UVA.

All we have to do is keep a TD lead and we will be fine.

Defensively...I'm not sure how we'll play...but I think if we're able to get to a position where Miami has to throw the ball to keep up with us, it will be a good day on defense.

I think this is a big time trap game. We played extremely well last week against a poor team; Miami hasn't put it together this season yet (against a non-cupcake) and will no doubt be focused on doing that this game; and they have played very well against us the past three years.

I honestly don't think that we end up playing a good game at all. We can still win but like TIA I see a meltdown coming either way because there's simply no way we'll look even close to as good as we did against UVA.

While my nervous gut from the last few years against d'uh U isn't convinced, my brain is. We will steamroll them. This team has its play mind rite.

1) Our D is good, really good. Given that we've been clearing the benches by the 4th qtr during the last 2 weeks, I looked at our yds/play average for the first 3qtrs. We'd be a top 10 D based on those numbers and we've played two conference games. We're top 20 in scoring D and total D as it stands anyway.

2) The OL we started against UVA looked really strong. I really like Will Jackson at Tackle. I just won't believe that they'll crap the bed like they did the last couple of years.

Now, in support of Crew4b's post: FSU's stats are just stupid good. They're D looks to be in Bama category. And after this weekend, their schedule is pretty soft, especially if vpi continues to look bad.

Very Realistic scenario: GT & FSU win out until rivalry week (U[sic]Ga and UF). CU loses this weekend but also beats vippysue.

That means that after the rivalry games, however they turn out, we'd be playing FSU in the ACC championship game. I think FSU will win thier game, making them 1 or 2 in the polls. All the pressure will be on them, while we'll be relaxed and laughing because we just whooped the dwags. It will be a Good [night in] Charlotte.
I like how you start all reasonable and end up 100% koolaid. Drink on though.

All over the place. 21 people have already voted that we crush them, and just as many have already voted that we beat them.

Stop fixating on one thing GT1992 said. He's just tempering his expectations. Relax.

I think this is a big time trap game. We played extremely well last week against a poor team; Miami hasn't put it together this season yet and will no doubt be focused on doing that this game; and they have played very well against us the past three years.

I honestly don't think that we end up playing a good game at all. We can still win but like TIA I see a meltdown coming either way because there's simply no way we'll look even close to as good as we did against UVA.

Pathetic. Simply pathetic.

With BS like that, why bother being a fan ?

I think this is a big time trap game. We played extremely well last week against a poor team; Miami hasn't put it together this season yet and will no doubt be focused on doing that this game; and they have played very well against us the past three years.

I don't agree with 'no way', tbh. I don't think we've proven ourselves yet, we played a bad game against a questionable VT, and then destroyed a FCS team and a horrible and completely unprepared UVA, but UM doesn't look good either. I think it depends on what kind of team they really are and what kind of team we really are, which nobody really knows yet. I think it's quite possible that we're good this year, and I also think it's quite possible that they are freaking bad this year. I'd love to see it, but I'm just going to sit back and watch because I have no idea.

Miami looks like crap this year. I can't wait for that dudes flip out rant when we run for 17 miles on their defense.

Pathetic. Simply pathetic.

With BS like that, why bother being a fan ?

You haven't been here long, have you? A meltdown is coming, even if it's not after the Miami game. I'm genuinely concerned if you'll be able to handle it. You're quite upset already and this is like Dora the Explorer tame compared to even a basic meltdown.

You haven't been here long, have you? A meltdown is coming, even if it's not after the Miami game. I'm genuinely concerned if you'll be able to handle it. You're quite upset already and this is like Dora the Explorer tame compared to even a basic meltdown.
Don't you have something to do other than coaching internet crazies? Let the guy play with his font styles in his corner. Go code some predictors.

Back