We've been here before...

How well do we play against Miami?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't agree with 'no way', tbh. I don't think we've proven ourselves yet, we played a bad game against a questionable VT, and then destroyed a FCS team and a horrible and completely unprepared UVA, but UM doesn't look good either. I think it depends on what kind of team they really are and what kind of team we really are, which nobody really knows yet. I think it's quite possible that we're good this year, and I also think it's quite possible that they are freaking bad this year. I'd love to see it, but I'm just going to sit back and watch because I have no idea.

We could play a good game. Certainly we could play a better game than I'm expecting. I don't think there's any way we look like we did against UVA though. If we do, I'll be on the bandwagon swilling the Kool-aid, because we looked 2009 good against UVA.

Pathetic. Simply pathetic.

With BS like that, why bother being a fan ?

Didn't you guarantee that we would beat Virginia Tech? If the team doesn't fulfill your guarantees, why bother being a fan? :rolleyes:

Don't you have something to do other than coaching internet crazies? Let the guy play with his font styles in his corner. Go code some predictors.

In a code review right now that I really didn't need to be involved in, but they sent me anyway. Can't even understand the guy presenting. Reminds me of Tech.

I think everybody's nervous with the VT loss in mind. Hopefully we come out layin track.

Sent from my DeLorean using the Flux Capacitor

The VT loss was the delayed "lose game after playing GT hex" Delayed because VT played a cupcake immediately following.

What happened in the past, however long or frequently it happened or whatever pattern we make up in our minds, shouldn't dictate what happens in the future. Each year, we have a different team made up of different players.

Actually, did anyone predict Pitt beating VPI last weekend?

Cause I'd like to see THAT prediction.

I was very confident coming into the UVA game. More so than I ahve been about any game in quite a while. Don't feel as good about this one (about the same as VT - hope we win, think we can win, but you never know).

we're golden. taking the option to mind rite boulevard all night long

I was very confident coming into the UVA game. More so than I ahve been about any game in quite a while. Don't feel as good about this one (about the same as VT - hope we win, think we can win, but you never know).

Same here:
http://www.stingtalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1118447&postcount=57

Don't feel as good about this one (about the same as VT - hope we win, think we can win, but you never know).

Same here but I think we'll still get the W.

somewhat related, but looks like BB (Jim Hart) is already decided on CPJ

BB said:
Johnson's 14-12 the past two seasons including the first losing season in over a decade should certainly make evaluating Paul Johnson from various angles valid.

I think Paul Johnson is a good game day coach and certainly his offense can put points on the board but he is a mediocre recruiter and due to that he'll never take us to the national stage and he'll rarely beat Georgia. And now that Florida State has a warm body at head coach again and Dabo seems competent if nothing else, competing and occasionally winning the Coastal Division title is as good as it is going to get.

BB said:
If we could swap Paul Johnson for Muschamp right now I'd do it in a heartbeat for the simple reason that we have a good idea what Paul Johnson's ceiling is and its not good enough. He isn't a good enough recruiter to take us to the national stage or beat Georgia very often or win bowl games on a consistent basis.

Johnson will consistently beat up mediocre ACC teams and compete annually in the ACC Coastal Division. That we know. If that gets you all lathered up and excited then Paul Johnson is your guy.

I'm not saying Muschamp is better, I don't know if he is better. He may be worse. But we have a pretty good idea what Paul Johnson's ceiling is and it is not good enough.

Johnson's teams play good enough football and win enough to be entertaining and he runs a clean program. He's a good football coach. He's just not going to ultimately take us where we want to go. I think many Georgia Tech fans have either come to that realization or are headed in that direction.

Johnson's 14-12 the past two seasons including the first losing season in over a decade should certainly make evaluating Paul Johnson from various angles valid.

From various angles == last two seasons?

:squint:

:rotfl:

Last edited:
Back