What’s important

The Jacket

The Coat
It's something that's significant or profound, but that's not important right now.

ATLNative

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
This probably isn’t going to go too well for you on here, we hate UG fans, even rational decent ones
I understand I’ve been warned I’m not concerned. I don’t take any of this stuff personally and while I know many may try to take personal shots at me, they don’t know me so it’s really not a big deal. I just like the football talk / banter.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
Arrived today in Cap Cana, Dominican Republic. Here with my wife, sis and bro in law, and another couple. Sis and bro in law are fanatic UGA fans -she hasn’t shut up today about “GA being ranked #1.” At dinner tonight (after she downed a bottle of champagne by herself) it got pretty damn annoying -I think her husband had even heard enough.

Funny thing is neither one of them went to UGA, and I’m a damn alum. This lifelong Tech fan/UGA grad thing is sometimes a weird existence, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

THWG!
Next time to test her gaggerdom, ask her if she knows Jan Kemp?

TechRush

Dodd-Like
Really disappointed in TechRush for his flamboyant UGA love
Where in my post do you get that I love them? I just don't let them get to me like some of you. At least most of my dawg lovin' relatives are dead now. If my dawg lovin' dad can finally kick the bucket...

F

flushed 01

I think Florida and Tennessee may give UGAg a run. Tennessee looks like they are improving as the season progresses. Florida has a hell of a defense and may beat UGAg up a bit.
We can hope

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
What's important is not having a thread about UGA atop our front page all day, every day, 24/7/365. I'd join their fanbase if that's what I wanted.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
What's important is not having a thread about UGA atop our front page all day, every day, 24/7/365. I'd join their fanbase if that's what I wanted.
And yet you bumped this thread

*Bump*

THWG247

Jolly Good Fellow
Deer Jakob Eesun,

I hole-hardedly welcome you to the university of Goeriga, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think recruits are wrong to not consider the university of Georgia. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids N sync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality.

I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

Go Dawgs!

Herschel Walker Jr

Them Dawgs is Hell don’t they
potentially Our next U.S. senator Ladies and Gentlemen.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
They do have a big weakness which is that they are stupid. They will predictably get outcoached. It's why they haven't won a National Championship in 41 years. Hopefully they don't have enough talent to make up for it.
Maybe you should actually watch the Game of FB like a Coach does.

As much as I want to beat uga, on many plays, they are often extremely disciplined and seemingly perfect in their assignments, they play "Clean" on damn near every play.

On Special Teams they rarely blow an assignment or get out of a lane on a coverage Team.

On Defense, all 11 Guys are usually in position, they rarely get caught out of position, and on most plays all 11 guys play with elite discipline and take good angles to the ball, after 7 Games, their backups might have given up 1 explosion play.

Even when they do get fooled on a "trick play" or an odd look, they don't get fooled on it again, AND when they see that formation again , they don't fooled by "new plays" that are set up from that prior "look" that the Offense gave them, almost like a CFB Defensive AI that learns in real time in Games.

For all our GT Fans that are stuck in a Time Warp, this isn't the uga of 40 years ago that recruited Guys like Pulpwood Smith from dirt poor backgrounds with dirt poor Academics.

40 years ago UGA was ranked by USN&WR in the high 90s or low 100s, now they are Ranked #48 (vs our #38) as of 2021

40 years ago maybe 10% of uga's players could be Recruited by GT, now maybe 70% of their Players would be accepted as FB Recruits by GT.

Their Defensive Captain and best LBer is an Engineering Major, the kind of Player that WE would love to have in our Program.

To summarize, this isn't the uga of 40 yrs ago and we aren't the GT of 40 yrs ago, it'd be nice to see our fans step out of their 40 yr time warp and observe CFB in 2021 , they are no longer are a dumb jock school, and maybe our Players don't play as "smart" as we think they do.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like

As much as I want to beat uga, on many plays, they are often extremely disciplined and seemingly perfect in their assignments, they play "Clean" on damn near every play.

On Special Teams they rarely blow an assignment or get out of a lane on a coverage Team.

On Defense, all 11 Guys are usually in position, they rarely get caught out of position, and on most plays all 11 guys play with elite discipline and take good angles to the ball, after 7 Games, their backups might have given up 1 explosion play.

Even when they do get fooled on a "trick play" or an odd look, they don't get fooled on it again, AND when they see that formation again , they don't fooled by "new plays" that are set up from that prior "look" that the Offense gave them, almost like a CFB Defensive AI that learns in real time in Games.

For all our GT Fans that are stuck in a Time Warp, this isn't the uga of 40 years ago that recruited Guys like Pulpwood Smith from dirt poor backgrounds with dirt poor Academics.

40 years ago UGA was ranked by USN&WR in the high 90s or low 100s, now they are Ranked #48 (vs our #38) as of 2021

40 years ago maybe 10% of uga's players could be Recruited by GT, now maybe 70% of their Players would be accepted as FB Recruits by GT.

Their Defensive Captain and best LBer is an Engineering Major, the kind of Player that WE would love to have in our Program.

To summarize, this isn't the uga of 40 yrs ago and we aren't the GT of 40 yrs ago, it'd be nice to see our fans step out of their 40 yr time warp and observe CFB in 2021 , they are no longer are a dumb jock school, and maybe our Players don't play as "smart" as we think they do.
Bannable, IMHO.

JRjr

79tech

Damn Good Rat
Yes the dawgs look good. But playing from the front is a difficult task. The dawgs might be better off to lose a game and not be the lead dog - pun kinda intended. Just my opinion.

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ

K. I well remember in 2016, it's late in the game and we are backed up to our own end zone with the ball. Play action, deep pass over the middle, no defenders home, big gain. Next play, after a timeout I think, we run the same thing, they're in the same coverage, and it's wide open again. We go on to score and win the game--because Smart and his staff got outcoached.

That was the UGA and Kirby Smart of 5 years ago. Do you want to argue that it's not the same Kirby Smart it was 5 years ago?

What would a good defense do when it's 2nd and 26 in overtime?

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
K. I well remember in 2016, it's late in the game and we are backed up to our own end zone with the ball. Play action, deep pass over the middle, no defenders home, big gain. Next play, after a timeout I think, we run the same thing, they're in the same coverage, and it's wide open again. We go on to score and win the game--because Smart and his staff got outcoached.

That was the UGA and Kirby Smart of 5 years ago. Do you want to argue that it's not the same Kirby Smart it was 5 years ago?

Seeing is believing:

My memory was generally correct but slightly off. Watch the first play: Qua was wide open down the middle but it went to Stewart. So we run the same play and Qua is wide open again for a big gain. Outcoached

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd

This ain't the NFL!

The Players cycle out every 3-4 years at Places like UGA.

Based on this years film, what have you seen that gives you faith that they will repeat past mistakes.

A player being in the WRONG COVERAGE is an example of being out-coached.

A Player blowing a Coverage is an example of a Players having a brain fart, no coach intentionally leaves opposing WRs open, that ain't out-coaching your opposition.

I understand, you want to believe so bad that the previous HC was a Genius.

Did Iowa, LSU, Air Force, Olé Miss out coach us in those early Bowl Games, and why couldn't our Coach simply out-coach the opposition, after all he had 1 month to Prep for those Bowl Games?

Care to explain why this "out-coaching phenomena" is so unreliable and inconsistent?

Why not just have the previous Genius just do his out-coaching magic every time and we make the CFP every year?

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
Did Iowa, LSU, Air Force, Olé Miss out coach us in those early Bowl Games, and why couldn't our Coach simply out-coach the opposition, after all he had 1 month to Prep for those Bowl Games?
3 out of those 4 bowl losses are attributable to defensive talent. No Adrian Clayborn and we beat Iowa, for example. Anyway my point is not that Paul Johnson was the end-all be-all of coaches, but that UGA routinely gets outcoached

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
3 out of those 4 bowl losses are attributable to defensive talent. No Adrian Clayborn and we beat Iowa, for example. Anyway my point is not that Paul Johnson was the end-all be-all of coaches, but that UGA routinely gets outcoached
They fire Coaches that avg 10-3 over a 15 year stretch (Richt) and yet as a GT Fan you feel we should poke fun at them for being frequently "out-coached", after previewing your post above, you still felt the need to hit the "post" button?

About your stmt above, shouldn't a guy with a track record of out coaching the other sideline simply have been smart enough run plays away from Adrian Clayborn, isn't that the standard that CDP is subjected to?

gambler

Went all in with 80k
WTF is this fry serving, mouth breathing, sister screwing thread? Some of you are young and "woke" but If you don't know the saying, it goes like this: " öööö U(sic)GA!"

ATLNative

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I’m not going to sit here and say Kirby Smart has never been out coached. I’ve watched most every coach in CFB be out coached at some moment and time even Saban. Here’s the way you should judge the GT coaches right now is on recruiting if they aren’t getting it done in that area in a big way dump them and get some staff that can recruit, if they recruit well the results will start to come.

FullMetalBuzz

Posting from your mom’s house

This sickitates me. You need to take the dwag cock out of your mouth and get your mind rite.

If you told me a bridge was built by an uga grad with an “engineering” degree I would detour 1000 miles before I would cross it. This is the school that chooses to represent itself with an arch that requires 3 pillars and still sees nothing wrong with it.

Now you may well be right that 70% of our players could overlap in these days of SEC media domination and NIL semi-pro status.

However, Tech will always have something that uga does not: our team is full of men who chose to take the harder path in life and challenge themselves. They didn’t give in to scooters and hoes and easy grades in Athens or Tuscaloosa or Columbus.

That makes us the good guys and worth cheering for, no matter how huge and well-coached uga looks this year.