What are your thoughts on the RR post?

Like I say, CJ, I know where you're coming from, and I respect what you're saying. But I still want to know, now, about my kids. I had a son break a leg in the only game I couldn't be at, back before cell phones, etc., so I'm saying this from experience.

hello folks. I don't think I've ever posted on this board before, and due to time constraints I don't really get a chance to visit here very frequently. But I do feel compelled to chime in on this issue. And worry not, I do not intend to take anyone to task or make light of anyone's opinions :-)

The simple fact regarding football practices is that when we, the fans, go to a football practice we are entering Chan's house. He has allowed us to enter his house and has asked us to respect his wishes on how we conduct ourselves while there and the information we garner from watching. It is a simple matter of respecting his wishes that we not give out injury reports other than what is released to the media, in this case portrayed by John Hollis. RR was not asking for people to get all their information from the public media, just asking that we NOT post certain things that the coaches have asked no be posted.

So all of the debate about whether or not the board is read by opposing coaches or whether or not the information is indeed harmful is largely irrelevant to the point I'm making (not trying to invalidate opinions to the contrary, just noting that the basis of my argument is unaffected by whatever really happens in terms of the information being read). It is, as I said, a simple matter of respecting the wishes of the person who invited us into his house. There's nothing sinister about RR asking that that information not be posted.

Come off it! do you think the Bookies in Vegas and else where don't know whats going on thats why the odds fluctate from day to day. So report what you see and hear but keep the rumors to a minimum.

uzi.gif

If the coaches don't want us posting info we shouldn't post it. It's that simple. Regardless of what we feel is right or wrong.

I think it's a great that we are allowed to attend practices. It's a privilege!! When you abuse what priveleges you've been given sooner or later they'll be taken away.

No offense, but I don't care about the bookies in Vegas. That's not an issue here. The issue is the coaches have reasons for not wanting us to post certain information. We should respect that.

I'm starting to be concerned that practices will become closed before originally intended. Can't say that I blame anyone for making the decission based on some things I've see posted on the boards.

This GT fan really enjoyes practices and being around our team a great deal. Reading in paper and message boards is great, but doesn't touch the "feel" you get being at practice. I've tried to convey that "feel" as best I can on the boards. I realize that everyone wants to know as much information as possible because they care about the team, but some information is just not good for the team to be given out. These are real people with real lives.

We need to trust that when the time is right we'll find out things regarding injuries and such. Again these are real people. Their lives are more important that us finding out information.

So then I say we make a motion not to include injury reports in the practice reports. They will be revealed directly anywho and then they can be discussed. If this is accepted it can be shared with said coaching staff as a statement of our good faith. (just a thought <ducking>)

Originally posted by GTTerrific:
If the coaches don't want us posting info we shouldn't post it. It's that simple. Regardless of what we feel is right or wrong.

I think it's a great that we are allowed to attend practices. It's a privilege!! When you abuse what priveleges you've been given sooner or later they'll be taken away.

No offense, but I don't care about the bookies in Vegas. That's not an issue here. The issue is the coaches have reasons for not wanting us to post certain information. We should respect that.

I'm starting to be concerned that practices will become closed before originally intended. Can't say that I blame anyone for making the decission based on some things I've see posted on the boards.

This GT fan really enjoyes practices and being around our team a great deal. Reading in paper and message boards is great, but doesn't touch the "feel" you get being at practice. I've tried to convey that "feel" as best I can on the boards. I realize that everyone wants to know as much information as possible because they care about the team, but some information is just not good for the team to be given out. These are real people with real lives.

We need to trust that when the time is right we'll find out things regarding injuries and such. Again these are real people. Their lives are more important that us finding out information.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well said GTT! It's Chan's house and we are invited guests. Those of you who think otherwise appear petty and very selfish.

What is Chan's, or the GTAA's, official position on these matters and where is it stated?

Back