What has our President done?

Tell that to Stephen Hill.

...too soon?
Both Demaryius and Steven dropped passes on the last drive against UGAg. Hill first. His was close to a game winning TD catch, but a tougher catch as he got hit as the ball got there, IIRC.

first-beer-remember.gif

Drunk or not, I think the OP’s original question has merit. We’re so excited that the President actually acknowledged that we play sports but what has he done to bring GT athletics into modern times? Firing an inept AD andFootball/Basketball coach was easy.

Let’s start with recruiting…both athletes and alumni.
Then follow up with addressing the financial disparity.
Then conference expansion.

I’ll happily stand corrected if I’m missing something. Maybe Cabrera will end up being exceptional, I just don’t see much that has changed.

(btw…I’m not against conference expansion, but the ACC, including GT, showed how woefully inept we are. We doubled down on 2 academic institutions on the other side of the country that nobody cares about and are in more debt than us. Very reactive. Then we top it off by giving them a ööööty deal. Makes sense.)

Texas A&M oil money dudes presented a check for $160 million at halftime just before Jimbo was fired.

That’s all we need from all our GT oil guys. Just buy some players…and a more competent defensive coaching staff. What are we ranked on D right now…112th???

I listened to a former rival coach speak at an event last night about NIL. He is still connected and knows what’s going on and talked about some different teams like Missouri getting hooked in with Anheuiser Busch for NIL. Oregon with obvious Nike connection. Arkansas is getting Walmart and Jerry Jones money. We’ve got to find some company with a state or Tech specific connection that is willing to pump $ into our athletic department. Home Depot, Coke, etc.

I listened to a former rival coach speak at an event last night about NIL. He is still connected and knows what’s going on and talked about some different teams like Missouri getting hooked in with Anheuiser Busch for NIL. Oregon with obvious Nike connection. Arkansas is getting Walmart and Jerry Jones money. We’ve got to find some company with a state or Tech specific connection that is willing to pump $ into our athletic department. Home Depot, Coke, etc.
Waffle House :hiding:

Back