Where are all the FOCers?

bobby dodds ghost

Damn Good Rat
They need to step forward quickly with some good "spin" to pull their boy Chan from the dangling noose. ylojk8? anyone?
BOO

i'm here

i'm a tech fan first...

i'm depressed right now. i'm glad you found the time to rib me and got some pleasure out of it.

hehe, i'm sure the dogs are lining up to do the same thing. you've got good company bsg.

Ghost, since we agree on most things I'll dive in here with some morbid humor.

Can you imagine the turnaround at the ticket office?

First, the phone is ringing off the hook with folks wanting to know when they can see Miami play. A few hours later people are wanting refunds. Braine is calling in just to try to locate Chan. The assistants are posting try out notices at the student center to try to field a team ala the old one JV game a year we used to do vs. Georgia.

Ah, for the good old days when our controversy was over making a lineman take a hit for not protecting the quarterback.

Guess those small things Chan brought in like the beards and earbobs carried over into the big things like going to class.

Yep.
Hey ylojk8, If you are a TRUE Tech fan, maybe it is time for you to take off those rose-colored glasses and demand a coach change as soon as possible.
BOO

i'm not qualified to demand coaching changes.

i enjoy our successes and bemoan our losses. i root for Tech. it's not my job to demand coaching changes.

you claim that gailey is over his head with his present job .. if i'll be demanding a coaching change .. i'll be doing the same thing .. being over my head.

i'm not qualified .. i'm not privvy to inside facts (i don't have any moles) and MOST IMPORTANTLY .. i trust the people who are in a position to decide and act on such issues make such decisions keeping Tech's interest foremost and to their best capabilities.

if a coaching change is made .. i'll support the guy who comes in .. if it's not made .. i'll continue to support gailey.

What, did you expect us to hide?

I found this post amusing in that it achieves nothing and takes a shot at Tech when we are down.Never quite understood why some people are so swift to glorify themselves at others expense.

Everyone is seems to be forgetting about all the players in summer school who aren't eligible yet. We might be asking students to try-out before this is over.

bdg don't be calling people names ala beeware.
frown.gif
pat.gif

You don't want to stoop that low. I'm as ticked off as anyone but we can not and should not lay every thing at Chans feet. I'm neither pro nor anti Chan and I'll agree something is awfully wrong at the flats.

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
No shot at Tech, just at the sorry coach that our sorry AD hired.
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Not only does whether you think I'm dumb or not having nothing to do with the current subject of discussion, but firing the coach now solves a grand total of absolutely nothing. Getting rid of Chan will not make the situation disappear.

Personally I'm waiting for someone to tell me exactly what's going on. Once I have an idea of what happened and why then I'll decide what I think. If I decide that it's something that's Chan's fault then I'll let you know. Good enough for your BDG? I will say that what is being posted looks bad for the entire program, Braine, Chan, O'Leary, the players and the academic support system.

The thought that keeps creeping into my head however is this..." is this the first year these guys have been expected to actually do their school work? Have they been protected up til now and suddenly were expected to do the work of real students?" If it's a problem of discipline and they have been cutting classes and study hall then Chan has to answer for that. If we've been giving athletes a pass up til now and have stopped then we have a whole lot bigger problem. And it's not just with the AA.

Good post NC Jacket...

BDG, sounds like you know alot about the program, maybe you should throw your hat in the ring for coach...

FOCer here... the last time I checked, it is still the students responsibility to pass a test... if you think for a second that any of the recruits at Tech havent had the resources available to them then you are fooling yourself...

while we are at it... lets blame Gailey for Burns flunking out too...

I'll jump in here...
I'm no Chan basher... in fact I'm not in any position to question what happens game to game or in recruting because I'm not there day to day
BUT... academics is another issue and it should not be layed entirely at Chans feet... the Athletic Department makes commitments to recruits to help them academically... it has been somewhat successful in the past... why did it fail so extremely this quarter/semester I'll not know...
I will say this...
The season last year sucked... college students need hope, especially at TECH...
The silence from the AD this past year has not been a beacon of hope for fans, students or players...
Lets review the last 2 weeks... FoY Nelson in BB transfers , Foy Bosh goes Pro... these can't be Chan's fault
Now an entire recruiting class fails off the football team... It's the AD's job to oversee the SA's academic performance and matriculation ... not the coach... that's just how I see it...
The AD as a whole has performed miserably in the last 2 years... and if you include the lack of referencing resumes it goes beyond ( but that horse is buried)...
Lets face it our Athletic Department is concerned only with building things and getting corporate spoonsors to buy fancy seats... it sucks, so what are we going to do about it???
pat.gif

What's happening to GT Football is as clear as the nose on each of your faces. The sooner a change is made, the sooner things can be corrected.
BOO

Father Wasp, did Chan bring in the beards and earbobs, or did the players already have them when he arrived? Since he was new, and had to start from scratch, did he decide to let them keep them for the year while trying to assess the overall team spirit and commitment of the players.

Do not all new bosses cede some things until they determine what is most important in the company or department? Do you know the kids were not going to class, or is this your guess? Are you making statements of fact and truth or just what you think?

Bobby Dodds Ghost, I am a true Tech Fan and probably have been longer than you. I do not wear rose colored glasses. I have always looked at both sides of an issue and have stated I was not satisfied with last year.

Without a doubt, there is absolutely no wisdom in calling for his firing until all the facts are in to make a judgement. Personally, your hatred of Gailey and a few others like you feeds the egos of the disgruntled players and is destructive of the Tech program.

You are not the true fan, you are the one that is sowing seeds of discontent. You are part of the problem. I see little difference in your's and BeeWare's venom toward Gailey. Do you have any ulterior motives for not liking Gailey?

BDS, your second post states the answer is as clear as the nose on your face, we need to get rid of Gailey. My nose says to wait and see the outcome of all this and the coming season. I can then make a sane judgement. Your only answer is to get rid of the coach.

If getting rid of the coach is the answer, we should have been better off when O'Leary left, then getting rid of Mac. It did not get better, so your solution is faulty.

It puzzles me that you have never wanted Gailey. We hired a coach with the best coaching credentials of any coach ever hired at Tech. Beside his coaching credentials, he is also well known as an outstanding Christian with high Christian values.

With all of this background coming to Tech, you have never liked him from the beginning. Why?

rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by ylojk8:
[qb]i'm not qualified to demand coaching changes.

i enjoy our successes and bemoan our losses. i root for Tech. it's not my job to demand coaching changes.

you claim that gailey is over his head with his present job .. if i'll be demanding a coaching change .. i'll be doing the same thing .. being over my head.
--------------------------------------------------
We have certainly found out something, ylo... when you were running around a couple months ago hurling insults at everyone who dare criticize Gailey... THAT is when you were in over your head... you were attacking people who know football... Sit on the sidelines and let the winners lead the way, no sense digging the ditch any deeper...

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
They need to step forward quickly with some good "spin" to pull their boy Chan from the dangling noose. ylojk8? anyone?
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BDG.. is the "C" in FOCers supposed to be pronounced with a hard "K" ?

Ahso, I agree with you and your logical assesment of the situtation at the flats. Some here ala Beeware turn every thing that happens to be the fault of CG. I'm at this time neither pro nor anti Chan. I (if I were the boss) would give Chan the time to rebuild and get us on the right track ala Bobby Ross. If he does not perform to the high standards here at the flats then I would explore all our options. BDG I suggest you get real and calm down. As a fan of more than 50 years I've seen the ups and down and this may suprise you but Tech pulled through all of them.

BDG...that is exactly why Chan had to up the academic req's this past year.

It is the players responsibility to get through class...and apparently we have not been recruiting that type of kid.

Nobody stayed behind me and told me to go to class or forced me to study...and I managed to understand how to get through. This was without study halls, tutors, 'word files', etc.

Back