White-out VT Nov 10

Funny-White-Gorrila-Smiling1.jpg

If it does happen, the snowtrooper costume will be making an appearance.

This isn't news to anyone on the VT staff. Kam Chancellor knows what color we're going to wear even before we announce it and told Beamer months ago.

How about one we rarely do: a sell-out.

How about one we rarely do: a sell-out.

Our stadium is too big. Those thousands of crappy seats in the upper north corners are worthless and shouldn't even exist...pretty much the only time they're sold is when the opposing team brings a bunch of fans.

BDS should seat somewhere between 45k and 50k and we would be full more often. The numbers just aren't there to actually sell out 55k on even an occasional basis, as we saw two years ago. There's nothing wrong with that...except for some reason we expanded our stadium to fit that.

I think this one will sell-out because VT fans will be there. It's their biggest game this season by far. Last time we didn't sell out against them, because they already played one game in Atlanta.

I swear the bitching and moaning about these white-outs every year are f***ing annoying/asinine. It's seriously not that big a deal. Just shut up, wear white, support the team, and we move on with our lives. There hasn't been too much bitching in this thread (yet), but it'll come eventually...

This isn't news to anyone on the VT staff. Kam Chancellor knows what color we're going to wear even before we announce it and told Beamer months ago.

Another good one. :laugher:

andrew, I had a thread to look at expansion. We were already at 46k and I think 55k made more sense.

http://www.stingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52479

I'd like to know tickets sold vs. actual attendance. Although I guess it doesn't matter much to the GTAA since it's money just the same.

Personally, and this is just from a fan's standpoint, I'd rather have a 42k stadium with 42k people in it than a 55k stadium with 50k people in it. Sheer numbers are an overrated attendance metric in my opinion, at least in terms of fan experience.

I swear the bitching and moaning about these white-outs every year are f***ing annoying/asinine. It's seriously not that big a deal. Just shut up, wear white, support the team, and we move on with our lives. There hasn't been too much bitching in this thread (yet), but it'll come eventually...

Tell us how you really feel.

I think this one will sell-out because VT fans will be there. It's their biggest game this season by far. Last time we didn't sell out against them, because they already played one game in Atlanta.

Not many schools travel well on Thursdays, and I don't think there is a large local VT fanbase. If it turns into a coastal championship type of game, we'll sell out. Otherwise, it will be the usual exciting ESPN crowd with some empty seats in the corners and upper north stands.

Not many schools travel well on Thursdays, and I don't think there is a large local VT fanbase. If it turns into a coastal championship type of game, we'll sell out. Otherwise, it will be the usual exciting ESPN crowd with some empty seats in the corners and upper north stands.

I agree with this. A couple years ago we didn't even sell out Clemson on a Thursday night and that's a lot easier of a trip than VT.

Back