White-out VT Nov 10

The problem last year was it was noon, 90 degrees outside, and we got trounced. The two before had been Thursday night games. I like it. Alot.
Me and ole Foggy and alabama buzz almost died due to the heat last year.Lets do it at night so its a little cooler or I am stay ing home under the fan and AC.Just a thought.:dunno::dunno:

Technically, all of our home games should be white outs anyway because that's GT's home jersey color. That's how it was back in the day.
Yep it was a good day to see white tops numbers on the shoulders,gold pants with stripe and gold hat.Not this gold we have now,stripes and slashes and black socks.Fashion designers we are not with what we wear now.The NFL likes us since we look like the Bengals.:wink::wink:

Yep it was a good day to see white tops numbers on the shoulders,gold pants with stripe and gold hat.Not this gold we have now,stripes and slashes and black socks.Fashion designers we are not with what we wear now.The NFL likes us since we look like the Bengals.:wink::wink:

I think your next post should use an underlined Wingdings font. :wink:

I think your next post should use an underlined Wingdings font. :wink:
Oh hell dude,I just start figuring:dunno::dunno::dunno: out how this computer thing works and now I get a buzz from all you experts.One thing is good though,whatever I am doing is catching your eye.Maybe one day I will figure this out but today is not the day.Have a good weekend.

Mack you forgot Stingger90, Steve, Mark, your wife and the others don't forget we were all dying of the heat.

I swear the bitching and moaning about these white-outs every year are f***ing annoying/asinine. It's seriously not that big a deal. Just shut up, wear white, support the team, and we move on with our lives. There hasn't been too much bitching in this thread (yet), but it'll come eventually...

Pretty good look.

Lots of gnashing of teeth on message boards, but when the word gets out most people participate and wear white.

For those suggesting a gold out, why the eff aren't you wearing gold every other freaking game? Some of our fans *on message boards* are retarted.

For those suggesting a gold out, why the eff aren't you wearing gold every other freaking game? Some of our fans *on message boards* are retarted.

As far as that goes I agree and always have worn gold. But, unless you buy them in ATL, there are very few GT shirts around, and NO gold ones.

Mack you forgot Stingger90, Steve, Mark, your wife and the others don't forget we were all dying of the heat.
I sure did,thanks,my wife was the smart one she went to the turnstiles and watched the whole game in the shade.I spent a half in the frying pan and had to find cooler places.Thanks.

Pretty good look.

Lots of gnashing of teeth on message boards, but when the word gets out most people participate and wear white.

Yeah ,I even ordered a tech shirt so I could participate and then got cooked by the heat.Folks will wear white if its a white out.We seem to have many of them but maybe this year we do it later when its cooler.

I like mack. He has the best posts in this thread.
Thanks for the good vibes but there are plenty of you folks who can use a sliderule better than I can use a key board.Last time I had a typing class was in 1963 and it shows!!! Just try to liven up the threads sometimes to make folks happy.Yall have good weekend or whats left of it.

I like that we've made the last few whiteouts, and now this one too, on the Thursday night ESPN games. It makes for more of a spectacle, and it removes the bad coloring effect. i.e. if it was a Saturday game and VT fans came out in droves, but we wore white, their colors would stand out. On a Thursday game, not so much.

I need a Storm Shadow outfit.

resize

A costume party could be a hilarious event, rather than just a white out.
Karate_Gi.jpg

We've won two out of our three whiteout games.

And I think it helped us in both of those wins. Maybe it was the fact that the two wins were night games (Miami '08 and Clemson v1 '09), but you could tell there was an extra oomph in the crowd energy. There's a very good reason that we're not the only team to do this - it brings the crowd together and keeps the energy level high.

White outs kick ass. I was hoping we'd continue with them even though we lost last year.

However, if the other team has to agree, I doubt Beamer will agree to us wearing white at home again.

White outs kick ass. I was hoping we'd continue with them even though we lost last year.

However, if the other team has to agree, I doubt Beamer will agree to us wearing white at home again.

The team wears the same stuff as always.

Back