Who can we beat on the rest of our schedule

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
destroy? like what happened in ‘18 & ‘17?

years when UGA ‘destroyed’ Tech since 1980
(destroyed defined as two-TD’s+)

CPJ era - ‘11, ‘12, ‘17, ‘18
CCG era - ‘02, ‘03, ‘07
CGO’L era - ‘01
*** era - ‘92, ‘93, ‘94
CBR era - ‘87, ‘88
CBC era -‘80, ‘81, ‘82

Observations:
~CBC, CBR, ***, and CCG struggled against UGA early in their tenure (in the case of ***, his whole damn tenure)
~CGO’L struggled only once, at the end of his
tenure
~CPJ suffered back-to-back blowouts at the end of his tenure ...and that’s where CGC steps in.

In conclusion, these figures show that more than likely a new coach at Tech, CGC in this case, will struggle with UGA. That probability is even more likely given that the team he inherited struggled in its previous two seasons. Yet, all that being said, I’m confident that the struggles will be few, early just as with his predecessors, but he will find success as well.
I think your observation is one sided. What you are missing is that Richt dealt O'Leary his loan but kicking. And uga played in the SECCG in 6 of those but kickings.

Yes, we are going to take a beating this year and next. This one might be of epic proportions. Like worse than Gailey's first year. But if CGC can recruit well enough, we should improve. If he can find the right coordinator combination, like Bowden or Dabo, then we could be really good down the road.

I think CGC has us at the current Pitt level by year 4. Which is to say the CPJ level once he had his own players to work with. Finishing 1st or 2nd in the division and making the occasional big run. Hopefully, CGC will be able to follow a good/great season with a good/great season. Because that hasn't happened since O'Leary left.

Edit: ‘08-‘09 were good/great back to back years

Last edited:

calhounyellowjacket

Varsity Lurker
Todays game featured incremental steps forward for Tech followed by major steps back. It’s been that way all season. Poor Coaching.....Plain and Simple! For example against The Citadel a SA mentioned having a bad week of practice....Having a bad week of practice (The Citadel Game) when you haven’t played 5 minutes of good football yet is inexcusable. Lack of discipline, bad clock management, questionable personnel decisions, and an inattention to detail at a level that we haven’t seen in over a decade.

Georgia Tech needs a coach not a hype man with his ridiculous ABOVE THE LINE junk! What kind of millennial "everyone gets a trophy" crap it that? The offense looks lost (Even with JG starting two straight games) and the defense looked confused and its all because there's different guys on both sides of the ball for each and every down. There is no consistency from one week to another with this ATL bull and it makes it difficult for the players to grow together with a revolving door at each position. Don't try to reinvent the wheel. I've never seen a team with show so much lack of discipline.
Take that bitch!! Mutt Lover!!

calhounyellowjacket

Varsity Lurker
The truth is we never should have beaten South Florida. It took basically a miracle of turnovers and penalties all aligning up for us to even with that game. So thinking we can beat another ACC team with a miracle of turnovers and penalties on our side means you think someone left in the ACC Coastal is as bad as South Florida.

South Florida has an RPI of 82. BC has an 89, but they're not in our division. Miami is a 70.

We are a 130 btw.

http://realtimerpi.com/college_football/ncaaf_power_rankings_Full.html

So we would need a bigger miracle than we got against USF to beat Miami, and there's no hope vs anyone else.
Guess we got it bitch!!

Big Bubba Ray

Dodd-Like
Take that bitch!! Mutt Lover!!
You buck-toothed uncle ööööer. Get back to playing Fortnite, queerbait.

Glad we won today. Still think we'll lose big to the mutts. Acknowledging likelihood does not make me a "mutt lover", you ööööing mental midget abortion.

Go suck a doorknob, retard.

H-town

Helluva Engineer
You buck-toothed uncle ööööer. Get back to playing Fortnite, queerbait.

Glad we won today. Still think we'll lose big to the mutts. Acknowledging likelihood does not make me a "mutt lover", you ööööing mental midget abortion.

Go suck a doorknob, retard.
You are a mutt lover when every post you make sounds like you want us to lose. How’s that crow taste, dummy.