Who's In?

Who's In?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can you imagine if that was the setup in 2012 and we'd won the ACC and gotten into the playoff at 6-6?

edit - 7-6 after beating FSU

Except it's not the nfl only 4 teams get in.. That's why saying psu should be in is retarded

You're right, if you win your conference in the NFL, you automatically go to the Superbowl. What was I thinking.

Except more than 4 teams make the playoffs

Can you imagine an NFL team with a win percentage of 0.846 that won its division outright and beat the wild card team getting passed over for the playoff spot in the divisional round? Now that'd be hilarious.

Except in the NFL you can have a losing record and still make it in.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-ever-to-make-nfl-playoffs-with-losing-record

And it's a better system, because at least everybody knows how to make it in. NFL teams don't have to participate in beauty pageants to play their sport.

Can you imagine if the patriots went undefeated in the regular season, lost their first playoff game, then got put into the conference championships anyway just because they were clearly the better team according to the eye test or strength of record? There would be riots. :lol:

And it's a better system, because at least everybody knows how to make it in. NFL teams don't have to participate in beauty pageants to play their sport.

Can you imagine if the patriots went undefeated in the regular season, lost their first playoff game, then got put into the conference championships anyway just because they were clearly the better team according to the eye test or strength of record? There would be riots. :lol:

There is something to be said for a system without moving goalposts. There should not really be any "judgement calls," or else you have a group in a back room making the decisions, aka "the playoff committee".

Can you imagine an NFL team with a win percentage of 0.846 that won its division outright and beat the wild card team getting passed over for the playoff spot in the divisional round? Now that'd be hilarious.
Except under NFL rules osu won the division

You've got to be trolling.. If a team loses 4 games but beats a good team and happens to win their conference would you still say they should be in?

You dont just "happen to win the conference"
That's just plain stupid talk

What it does show is that the fact that conferences are so large that not every team plays each other is dumb and causes issues like this one

You dont just "happen to win the conference"
That's just plain stupid talk

What it does show is that the fact that conferences are so large that not every team plays each other is dumb and causes issues like this one

You mean you don't enjoy watching VPI back into the championship game? Just glancing over, the SEC permanent crossover games at least line up some semblance of power balance relative to the two divisions. The relevant ones being
  • Florida – LSU
  • Georgia – Auburn
  • South Carolina – Texas A&M
  • Tennessee – Alabama
Meanwhile, between the three most competitive teams in our division, we have Clemson, Miami has FSU, and VPI has BC. öööö BC.

I'm going to bigcry myself now

:bigcry:

You mean you don't enjoy watching VPI back into the championship game? Just glancing over, the SEC permanent crossover games at least line up some semblance of power balance relative to the two divisions. The relevant ones being
  • Florida – LSU
  • Georgia – Auburn
  • South Carolina – Texas A&M
  • Tennessee – Alabama
Meanwhile, between the three most competitive teams in our division, we have Clemson, Miami has FSU, and VPI has BC. öööö BC.

I'm going to bigcry myself now

:bigcry:
Throw in UNC having NC State as well. How many more ACCCG appearances would we have if we'd have swapped schedules with VT or UNC?

Throw in UNC having NC State as well. How many more ACCCG appearances would we have if we'd have swapped schedules with VT or UNC?

There'd be a clusteröööö at 5-3 in conf this year if we switched with VPI. We had 3 division losses though so no chance with one of the tiebreaking rules. In the past I think there were at least a couple years where the tiebreaker or straight up record would have been in our favor.

Back