why red shirting QB may be stupid.....

law_bee

Dodd-Like
THIS IS SPECULATIVE But....

If Vad leaves then red shirting was a BIG MISTAKE and the coaches need to understand that if you get a HIGHLY RECRUITED PLAYER......

You need to get him on the field asap. WAY TOO MANY VARIABLES to worry about a value of 5th year vs true freshman.

we will see how this turns out but if you get someone who had choices I would rather redshirt their 2nd year like Thomas then lose the player to a transfer.

From Vad's perspective he sees Tevin a 1 1/2 year starter and Days looking strong I am sure there are people whispering in his ear about other opportunities.

You CAN'T treat skill players like lineman.

If he doesn't stick around until Spring, then I'm not sure what to say, because either he'll have a good chance to compete for the starting spot, and if he doesn't get it he can leave, or he's guaranteeing that he's gonna ride the bench another year.

But if Nesbit had been redshirted, we probably would have won 11 games.

But if Vad Lee hadn't been redshirted, we would have won 11 this year.

Easy to say stuff like that.

maybe he would have left and that team would have won 11 games

With 1 year contracts it is VERY speculative to presume where players will end up.

Listen if the player WANTS THE REDSHIRT then great but if player sits on the sideline thinking he could have made a difference then it was a MISTAKE.

This is like saying, "I wish I had proposed to that girl when I had the chance, before I found out she was crazy."

WTF?

He should have no problem beating out either of them with a year of practice if he is as good as advertised.

And if he can't beat them out, then he is not as good as advertised.

The position that makes the most sense to redshirt is QB because of the learning curve. It is better for them and the team. I would hope a mature SA would understand that.

THIS IS SPECULATIVE But....

If Vad leaves then red shirting was a BIG MISTAKE and the coaches need to understand that if you get a HIGHLY RECRUITED PLAYER......

You need to get him on the field asap. WAY TOO MANY VARIABLES to worry about a value of 5th year vs true freshman.

we will see how this turns out but if you get someone who had choices I would rather redshirt their 2nd year like Thomas then lose the player to a transfer.

From Vad's perspective he sees Tevin a 1 1/2 year starter and Days looking strong I am sure there are people whispering in his ear about other opportunities.

You CAN'T treat skill players like lineman.

----, what did he tweet this time?

This is going to be a long offseason.

I want him here.....I think he is the answer at QB and I have it own confirmed ears that CPJ told Wes D. that he should have played him this year but if he doesn't want to be here......then he needs to leave. No player is bigger than the program.

The reality is the season unfolded in a way TEVIN PLAYING LIGHTS OUT early that it would have been almost impossible to pull Vad's RS

BUT

if Vad was the 2nd best QB (NOT EVEN SURE IF HE WAS) then he would have gotten quality minutes and POSSIBLY could have beaten out Tevin.

ALL THIS IS VERY SPECULATIVE

But I would rather Vad play a few meaningless snaps IF IT KEEPS HIM ENGAGED then he TRANSFER.

we will see how it turns out

if this turns out bad I hope PJ learns from this. If this guy is in the 2 deep and WANTS TO PLAY.....THEN PLAY HIM

I will worry about 2015 IN 2015.

He's immature. CPJ is probably done worrying about it now.

Immature?

Does that mean he's a prima donna? Homesick? Struggling handling college life away from home?

[soapbox]Anyone with info that's willing to share please don't be cryptic. If you know something and don't want to share too much, then just don't post at all.[/soapbox]

[soapbox]Anyone with info that's willing to share please don't be cryptic. If you know something and don't want to share too much, then just don't post at all.[/soapbox]
This.

And if you need to keep your sources confidential, then figure out another way to "leak" it.

Back