Why the Benz?

GT flunkout

held in very high esteem
Staff member
I did med school and residency at Tulane, which previously played in the Superdome once their old stadium, the sugar bowl, was demolished in the late 60s. Going to a game there was depressing and no fun. Once they opened the new on campus stadium, even if the brand of football hadn't improved much, the games were so much more fun, and attendance picked up. The first game in that new stadium? GT in 2014, which was hot as hell but a satisfactory outcome. Miami definitely needs their own stadium, in my opinion.

As an aside, Tulane had a "family fun zone" in the end zone, with a pack of 4 season tickets for like $250. I would bring the kids every weekend. If we aren't going to fill the north end zone seats, we should do something like that just to get butts in seats. That said, if we keep winning, the north end zone may fill up without promos.
Yulman was cool. Like a mini BDS. I doubt many Tulane fans want to play games in the Superdome ever again unless they somehow make the Sugar Bowl.

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I did med school and residency at Tulane, which previously played in the Superdome once their old stadium, the sugar bowl, was demolished in the late 60s. Going to a game there was depressing and no fun. Once they opened the new on campus stadium, even if the brand of football hadn't improved much, the games were so much more fun, and attendance picked up. The first game in that new stadium? GT in 2014, which was hot as hell but a satisfactory outcome. Miami definitely needs their own stadium, in my opinion.

As an aside, Tulane had a "family fun zone" in the end zone, with a pack of 4 season tickets for like $250. I would bring the kids every weekend. If we aren't going to fill the north end zone seats, we should do something like that just to get butts in seats. That said, if we keep winning, the north end zone may fill up without promos.
Get away from the ACC and play B1G Ten or SEC Teams and we easily hit 55K in attendance every Gm

Duke, Cuse, BC. Wake, Pitt, Louisville, UVa , their Fans just don't support CFB like other Colleges

Every B1G Ten Team has a huge Alumni presence in Metro ATL, we'd get better Games, sold out HGF, and better vibe from being away from the ACC, and the bonus, we would lose nothing playing B1G Ten MBB

With realignment & SuperConferences on the horizon, we have to part ways with the ACC

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Get away from the ACC and play B1G Ten or SEC Teams and we easily hit 55K in attendance every Gm

Duke, Cuse, BC. Wake, Pitt, Louisville, UVa , their Fans just don't support CFB like other Colleges

Every B1G Ten Team has a huge Alumni presence in Metro ATL, we'd get better Games, sold out HGF, and better vibe from being away from the ACC, and the bonus, we would lose nothing playing B1G Ten MBB

With realignment & SuperConferences on the horizon, we have to part ways with the ACC
Yeah but our fans won’t travel to West Lafayette or something…ask Bud Peterson.

techtosterone1

Varsity Lurker
I have only heard a few comments but was it the game and victory that made it a good night or the experience at MBS added something new and good?
It was the combination of the two. Had we played like dogcrap all the "night club" atmosphere would have seemed dumb. Together it was everything CGC wanted.

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like

Our issue isn’t that we don’t have enough away fans at the games. Our issue is we don’t have enough Tech fans at the games..

PressManCoverage

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Our issue isn’t that we don’t have enough away fans at the games. Our issue is we don’t have enough Tech fans at the games..
We sell the seats and make the money no matter which fans are sitting in those seats.

The extra money allows us to hire better coaches and support staff, this leads to more wins.

After a few seasons, the extra wins and success will lead to more of our fans buying those seats, then it won't be an issue of opposing fans taking over our stadium, they'll be limited to about 7500(?) tix max for any of our home games, but we have to do our job and pack the stadium.

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
And really we can't look at other programs for not visiting with many fans when we don't do it either.

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
Tech playing Michigan, PSU, OSU, Wisc, Iowa, and NEB at Grant Field would sell out in my opinion. Doubtful for MN, IND, ILL, PUR, MSU, MD, RUTGERS. And let's be honest if we play the Big Ten Biggies at home it will end up in MBS as a kickoff game.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Haha, this popped up on a feed and all these people mad about calling it “The Benz”? I’ve heard lots of people call it that. I do like Megatron’s Butthole though.