Why the Benz?

GTBenz.jpeg

Red seats?

kermit-kermit-the-frog.gif

Tickets were scarce Friday in part because the game will be played in the stadium’s seating configuration used for Atlanta United games (42,500). That’s below the full-capacity configuration of 71,000 and also the capacity of Bobby Dodd Stadium (55,000).

Tickets were scarce Friday in part because the game will be played in the stadium’s seating configuration used for Atlanta United games (42,500). That’s below the full-capacity configuration of 71,000 and also the capacity of Bobby Dodd Stadium (55,000).

I hate this

We should use the full configuration and see how far we need to go

This article makes us look small time

Well, we’ve only been drawing like 33K at home, so maybe a little artificial scarcity will inspire a few people to get onboard…

JRjr

I think it is doable, just not in the way you're saying. "School tells donors to give money to third party who will pay players to play for school" is just "School uses donor money to pay players to play for school" with one more step.

Basically the schools have to work to help get players NIL deals that are "wink-wink" legitimate (as opposed to obviously pay for play), and boosters/fans need to take it the rest of the way. Plausible deniability is the name of the game now for the schools. It has to be organized by people outside of the AA.

And like you said, you can bet other programs' fanbases and donors are going to figure it out. See https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article254278183.html if you haven't already.

Maybe we could do a bunch of those ads where people call those 800 numbers and order stuff signed by players during games. That way, if somebody's playing good in a big game, somebody will order a signed glove or something, and the player gets 10 per cent. Is that legal?

Maybe we could do a bunch of those ads where people call those 800 numbers and order stuff signed by players during games. That way, if somebody's playing good in a big game, somebody will order a signed glove or something, and the player gets 10 per cent. Is that legal?
Dude.......listen

The NCAA is as weak as it has ever been, everything is legal, there is no wrong, there is no cheating , as long as the Players live up to the University's Academic Regs

Everything and every strategy "is in Play"!

Now is the time where we see how bad GT wants to win

I'll use this thread for an MBS-related discussion.

Amongst season ticket holders, how did you think your assigned seating was? For example, @Fredge and I have seats on consecutive rows from one another in lower 206, and we essentially had the same exact seats at MBS, on the aisle and everything, except that we were pushed further to the left relative to the field. Essentially zero UNC fans in our midst.

I know of at least two other people that also sit in the same general area of West Stands (upper 206 and lower 100s right at the north end zone or so) and they were both placed directly across the field and amongst a sea of UNC fans.

I realize they can't directly map BDS to MBS but surely they could've figured out how to keep the GT fans together?

Where did the folks with Upper North tix end up?

Amongst season ticket holders, how did you think your assigned seating was? For example, @Fredge and I have seats on consecutive rows from one another in lower 206, and we essentially had the same exact seats at MBS, on the aisle and everything, except that we were pushed further to the left relative to the field. Essentially zero UNC fans in our midst.

I know of at least two other people that also sit in the same general area of West Stands (upper 206 and lower 100s right at the north end zone or so) and they were both placed directly across the field and amongst a sea of UNC fans.

I realize they can't directly map BDS to MBS but surely they could've figured out how to keep the GT fans together?

We ended up in 241 R9, seats 1-4. Nice seats, actually.

We are in 107 Row 2 at BDS. 38 yard line. Our seats at the Benz were exactly the same.

111 at Grant Field, 124 at the dome.

I would define 124 at the dome as an end zone seat, not a sideline seat.

Saw one group from my section.

I did like sitting in 124 way better than the stratospheric 3xx (that was a sideline seat) that we had for the UT game. Those seats sucked. Felt like we were 100x far from the field and that you could fall down.

111 at Grant Field, 124 at the dome.

I would define 124 at the dome as an end zone seat, not a sideline seat.

Saw one group from my section.

I did like sitting in 124 way better than the stratospheric 3xx (that was a sideline seat) that we had for the UT game. Those seats sucked. Felt like we were 100x far from the field and that you could fall down.

Yeah we had 3xx seats for UT as well, and they weren't great, couldn't hear the band at all. Our 216 seats weren't bad other than being further from the 50 yard line by a bit, but we were again "above" the band and could not hear them very well. For UWTWAG and the RR songs, it was hard to hear the start of the songs above the crowd noise.

Many UNC fans around you? Any of your usual season ticket neighbors near you?
Not really. Sprinkled around, but not bad. Most UNC fans were towards the endzone.

I sit in the upper east, section 225, at BDS. I saw one other guy whom I recognize from that section. I sit at the bottom, and he sits at the top. I was in the mezzanine, section 240, and he was in section 241. Other friends of mine who sit all over BDS seem to have been scattered through the mezzanine sections. I am on the 45 yard line in BDS and was on the 30 yard line at the Benz. No complaints though.

Back