Why the Benz?

" The athletic department estimates that the five games will generate $10 million more in revenue than if the games were to be held at Bobby Dodd Stadium
Noted. Thanks for that - that was not what I was reading here. I need to read some of these posts more closely. :( I stand 100 percent corrected.

It's real.

How Teri Hatcher Inspired Larry David to Come Up with Her Famous Seinfeld  Line on the Spot | Vanity Fair

Doesn't look like a lot available. Blue is Ticketmaster, red is resale. The section with all the blue is behind UNC's bench. The big open endzone window section has nothing. I'm thinking it is band, recruits, students
Screenshot_20210924-151603.png

Screenshot_20210924-151634.png

Which begs the question, was UNC given 50 YL seats behind their bench? Should have gotten corners only.

Which begs the question, was UNC given 50 YL seats behind their bench? Should have gotten corners only.
I doubt it. This is a home game for us. It's not a 50/50 allotment. Also, people are probably just going by the ticketmaster image and buying tickets as they see, and don't want to be behind the UNC bench. But just like all things GT, I believe they have F'ed up the image and have the sidelines labeled wrong. If you look at the layout on ticketmaster, they have the field oriented correctly, north is top, east is right, south bottom, west left. The GT is facing the south sideline and the GT bench. In the picture GT put out yesterday, they have the GT logo painted at midfield facing the north sideline. So either our sideline won't be facing the GT logo, or the ticketmaster site is wrong, and everybody that thought they were buying tickets behind the GT bench will be behind the UNC bench.

We have about 1/3 of the crowd in BDS too.

But I also don't want to move the U[sic]GA game. I understand tradition isn't the be-all end-all of CFB anymore and beggars can't be choosers, but geez, I feel like we have to at least keep a little bit of it around. It's the most important game of the season and it's been played for over a hundred years, we should be playing it on campus.
Most important game of the season? You must be a masochist then. I would rather schedule an FCS team than play them every year for the satisfaction of winning once every 7-8 years on average. What is the point?

Most important game of the season? You must be a masochist then. I would rather schedule an FCS team than play them every year for the satisfaction of winning once every 7-8 years on average. What is the point?

Well my first choice would be cancelling the football program entirely. We only win a national championship like once every thirty years so I don't really see the point.

But if we have to play football I at least want to have a rivalry game. Call me old-fashioned.

" The athletic department estimates that the five games will generate $10 million more in revenue than if the games were to be held at Bobby Dodd Stadium
This is cool too. We'll need to do this to elevate to semi pro like our rivals. Can we roll the entire sum into pay for play now? Like, get our five stars endorsement deals and then buy the endorsed gear with the cash?

This is cool too. We'll need to do this to elevate to semi pro like our rivals. Can we roll the entire sum into pay for play now? Like, get our five stars endorsement deals and then buy the endorsed gear with the cash?

Only if we want the death penalty. It's both against NCAA rules and the laws of most states to do something like that.

We really need to leverage the new NCAA rules to the hilt. Just take AA money and buy players directly. It's the only way to keep up.

Have a limited edition run of QB jerseys that cost $1000 each and then have the school buy them all and give them to disadvantaged kids, ideally friends of recruits.

I thought players could have endorsement deals now?

They can, but the school can't be giving players money. Pay for play is still explicitly disallowed both by NCAA rules and by any states with NIL laws on the books.

Doing what you're suggesting would very obviously be pay for play, even if you hadn't called it pay for play, and would get the hammer brought down on us for sure. Even the major factories would not be able to get away with that.

There's definitely room for schools to help players get NIL money by doing things like helping to set up endorsement deals, but it can't be anything like what you're suggesting.

So ask people to redirect their usual AA donations to a privately managed thousand dollar jersey fund and make up the gap by playing more games at the Benz. That way we stay in the black and no AA money goes directly to players.

This is totally doable.

Someone is going to figure this out. We need to be the ones that figure it out first instead of watching Auburn get Cam Newton by donating to the church or whatever.

College football is a retarded game, that's always been dominated by semipro teams who have paid players. Now that we have no onfield system advantage we need to figure out how to game the money system.

So ask people to redirect their usual AA donations to a privately managed thousand dollar jersey fund and make up the gap by playing more games at the Benz. That way we stay in the black and no AA money goes directly to players.

This is totally doable.

I think it is doable, just not in the way you're saying. "School tells donors to give money to third party who will pay players to play for school" is just "School uses donor money to pay players to play for school" with one more step.

Basically the schools have to work to help get players NIL deals that are "wink-wink" legitimate (as opposed to obviously pay for play), and boosters/fans need to take it the rest of the way. Plausible deniability is the name of the game now for the schools. It has to be organized by people outside of the AA.

And like you said, you can bet other programs' fanbases and donors are going to figure it out. See https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article254278183.html if you haven't already.

Back