Why the Benz?

CFB Fans that are more savvy would realize that being in a Top10 Media Market and having extremely close access to a World Class Facility that Hosts Super Bowl(s), CFP Games and Other Championship Level Sports event is Huge Plus for GT FB

In order to move forward as a Major Program we have to embrace being in a Major Media Market and doing the kinds of things that CFB Programs in Major Media Markets do

Rather than sit outdoors in potentially bad Weather, I wouldn't mind seeing the uga vs GT Game played at MBS when we are the Home Team

At this point we need 'Croots more than we need out-dated Tradition that very few Fans care about and even less Recruits Care about

Us GT Fans have had over a Century to love our FB Program and show how much we care about it, and that has been a massive failure, now the Powers that Be are moving forward by trying to grow our Fanbase among Local CFB Fans that don't have connections to the School (which is how everyone else does it)

We are trying to be Atlanta's preferred CFB Team, then hopefully the State's preferred CFB Team

You gotta have FAITH and trust in ADTS's vision for GT FB

IMO this should've been done after we fired Gailey, but we blew it and decided to play "small ball" (CBK's phrase - small ball that is)
Never, never move Ugag game to the Benz. We would have about one third of the crowd

Never, never move Ugag game to the Benz. We would have about one third of the crowd
Well we need to start acting like Fans of a Big Time Program and buy all of our allotment and stop allowing the other Guys to buy up our allotment of Tix

If we buy 60K Tix and UGA only buys 10K then well have the same relative advantage in MBS as if we played at GF

GTBenz.jpeg
Is that photoshopped or real?

If real it actually looks quite nice.

Collins promised everyone that GT would be a powerhouse

Powerhouse programs like GT have problems with finding enough seats to accommodate their crazed fans, so a bigger place was needed to pack them in.
Nice! Glad to see we're a powerhouse now. I hadn't been paying much attention.

We have about 1/3 of the crowd in BDS too.

But I also don't want to move the U[sic]GA game. I understand tradition isn't the be-all end-all of CFB anymore and beggars can't be choosers, but geez, I feel like we have to at least keep a little bit of it around. It's the most important game of the season and it's been played for over a hundred years, we should be playing it on campus.

This would ge a great trivia question.

Maryland has done it. They moved two of their home games to the Ravens stadium and received $7 million for it in the early 2010s.

Obviously it's not the same exact city but it's less than an hour drive from one to the other so I'd say it's basically the same situation as us. Their on campus stadium is also the same size as ours.
How far is it though? NCAA rules prevent the home team from hosting any recruiting activities at an alternate location if it's more than 30 miles from campus. If it's more than that, that means when Maryland does it, they cant host any recruits for that game.

How far is it though? NCAA rules prevent the home team from hosting any recruiting activities at an alternate location if it's more than 30 miles from campus. If it's more than that, that means when Maryland does it, they cant host any recruits for that game.
But was Md an ACC or Big10 team at the time? Cuz it is only a violation if they were not in the Big10. As a member of that, they would only be chided if they did not provide a new car for each recruit present.

Good context, was not aware of that limit. It's just under 30 miles from the on-campus stadium as the crow flies. According to Google maps, it's 29.5 miles if you take 295 and 31 miles if you take I-95.

No idea if that played into the decision to move the games, obviously.

So semi-pro football is actually all - 100 percent - about $$$. Who is surprised?

That should do like the Jacksonville Jaguars and play one home game every year overseas. Mexico is clamoring for college football, no? China is a big market. We could always go back to Ireland. And there's that new Tottenberg stadium in jolly ol' England. So much international exposure!

So semi-pro football is actually all - 100 percent - about $$$. Who is surprised?

That should do like the Jacksonville Jaguars and play one home game every year overseas. Mexico is clamoring for college football, no? China is a big market. We could always go back to Ireland. And there's that new Tottenberg stadium in jolly ol' England. So much international exposure!

I would love to play a game in London or elsewhere in Europe. I had a blast with family and friends in Ireland when we played there. If we're going to move out of BDS, I'd prefer something like that over going down the street to play in the same pro stadium we see every other Sunday.

I do realize why a lot of people wouldn't like that though.

How much extra are we getting? I don't imagine the total attendance is going to exceed what we would have pulled to BDS.
Average of $2M per game over the contract.

Good context, was not aware of that limit. It's just under 30 miles from the on-campus stadium as the crow flies. According to Google maps, it's 29.5 miles if you take 295 and 31 miles if you take I-95.

No idea if that played into the decision to move the games, obviously.
I would imagine it 100% factored in the decision. If you move a home game to a location 30+ miles away, that means you have one less game that you can host recruits at. I'm sure it's straight line distance also so that would make Baltimore's stadium just within the distance allowed. I don't see Maryland doing it if they don't get to host recruits at it.

Average of $2M per game over the contract.

We should be making in excess of $2 million total revenue (tickets, concessions, club seats, etc.) for each game at BDS. There are some weathy semi-pro programs like Florida, Texas or Bama that would probably pay us more than a million to play a game at their stadium if they don't have to play a return game at BDS. How much did we pay KSU? If we can't get at least close to $2 million revenue from our home football games, then they should put BDS in mothballs and shutter it.

We should be making in excess of $2 million total revenue (tickets, concessions, club seats, etc.) for each game at BDS. There are some weathy semi-pro programs like Florida, Texas or Bama that would probably pay us more than a million to play a game at their stadium if they don't have to play a return game at BDS. How much did we pay KSU? If we can't get at least close to $2 million revenue from our home football games, then they should put BDS in mothballs and shutter it.
" The athletic department estimates that the five games will generate $10 million more in revenue than if the games were to be held at Bobby Dodd Stadium

I would imagine it 100% factored in the decision. If you move a home game to a location 30+ miles away, that means you have one less game that you can host recruits at. I'm sure it's straight line distance also so that would make Baltimore's stadium just within the distance allowed. I don't see Maryland doing it if they don't get to host recruits at it.

Depends on how much they need the money. I think we would have done our deal even if we couldn't host recruits. It seems like we are really strapped for cash.

Back