Will the "U" return to glory and do we want it to?

He might do marginally better than Diaz, simply because Diaz recruited South Florida poorly, but I don't see a return to glory in their near future.

Last edited:
It's never a bad thing to have a top team in your conference, but I don't really care for Miami. Ugly, off-campus stadium with a paltry, rude as hell fanbase. That's not what college football is all about.
Their fanbase will never change but they are in the process of building a stadium near campus. That billionaire dude is going all in on da U. Can’t blame him, if I was a billionaire after I got done buying everything else I always wanted I’d buy the GT football, basketball and baseball teams.

My biggest fear that FSU, Miami, And VT will improve and leave us behind. We missed a great opportunity to be Coastal dominant the past few years. I never thought it would be Pitt.
Coastal has been garbage since the decline of Beamer, and us. 8 different Coastal winners in 8 years. What a ööööing wasted opportunity

It's never a bad thing to have a top team in your conference, but I don't really care for Miami. Ugly, off-campus stadium with a paltry, rude as hell fanbase. That's not what college football is all about.
You're not wrong. I'm thinking more of conference prestige.

The best days of the Coastal were back when the Techmo Bowl was the de facto play-in game for the ACCCG. Since both programs slid back into mediocrity (or in our case irrelevance) the Coastal has been a joke. Our Coastal rivalry with them defined the division like Clemson/FSU. If you throw the U and Lolville into the mix there should be six teams generating excitement in the ACC every year but four of those programs are historically down.

So you want an elite team in our division because it’ll make the conference look better?

Do you want a hot guy ööööing your wife too?
So you're saying you don't want our conference to get better? Got it.

PS I don't have to worry about that but you probably do.

Before the Coastal or the ACC gets to “prestige” they have to migrate from being a joke, to not embarassing, to somewhat competitive, to competitive, to respectful, to tough, etc first.
Crawl before we walk? Makes sense.

So you're saying you don't want our conference to get better? Got it.

PS I don't have to worry about that but you probably do.
I don’t want another elite team we have to play every year. How hard is that to understand…

1640964861736.gif

Da U won because they were cheating harder than anyone else. Then others started cheating just as hard and they were irrelevant. Now cheating is legal.

So, no, they won’t get back to where they were.

Cristobal didn't do much at FIU and Oregon is a well oiled machine with really no competition with USC and UCLA being down. He will recruit well locally, which should make them Coastal contenders most years. But I see nothing to indicate he is gonna put them in the CFP conversation.

I see no benefit to us for Miami to become a national power. That whole angle makes zero sense to me.

It raises the profile of the ACC… but yeah I’d much rather Florida State become that team based on scheduling. Bad enough with Clemson being our crossover rival.

Back