Will the "U" return to glory and do we want it to?

StraightFresh

Midtown Zoomer
College football is better when the city schools are threatening. Miami, USC, Pitt, GT. It gives the sport a much more cosmopolitan flair than when it's just giant state schools in the middle of nowhere going at it. The USC and Miami dynasties were 1000x more interesting than Alabama's.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Why in God's name did they move their stadium 40 miles from campus? Stupid!
They had little choice. The OB was essentially condemned. I saw too many games there to count from 1966 to 1988. A lot of Orange Bowls, a LOT of Dolphins games (including the famous triple overtime playoff game against the Chargers), and a few Hurricanes games. It was a GREAT home field advantage, but by the 1980s it was a filthy, dillapidated, toilet bowl for fans, and the city of Miami (which owned it) would not pay to upgrade it. The parking situation nearby was also a complete disaster. You had to pay to park on someone's lawn and then hope you could get your car out when the game was over.

Hard Rock Stadium started rough, because the original owner, Wayne Huizenga, insisted it be designed to also accommodate baseball. But with the most recent renovations, it is now a beautiful stadium. Have to LMAO at Tech fans calling it ugly or unimpressive. WTF is BDS then? LMAO. Sure, it has tremendous history, but it looks like it was designed by the same committee which designed the camel. And who gives a öööö anyway? Off campus? Hello UCLA, Oregon, USC-W (at least the Mausoleum is very close), USC-E (again, close but no cigar), NC State (again, no cigar), Pitt, USF, , , , hell . . . Tech plays one home game every year at MBS. Alabama played most of their games home for 70 years at Legion Field in Birmingham, more than 50 miles from campus. Yeah, Bama football was not "what college football is all about." {Rolls Eyes} And the old Orange Bowl was still about 5 miles away from the U's campus, and yet they managed a 58 game home winning streak and a few Natties.. Again, who gives a öööö?

Finally, I have to ROTFLMFAO at the claims of a paltry fan base. From Georgia Tech fans!!! Looked in a mirror lately? Over the past several years, the Hurricanes have consistently averaged 7000-10000 more fans at their home games than Tech has. In 2017 and 2018 they averaged more fans that BDS even holds at max capacity. In 2019 they still averaged about 53000 per home game.

Please.

Skydog

Eat a Peach
They had little choice. The OB was essentially condemned. I saw too many games there to count from 1966 to 1988. A lot of Orange Bowls, a LOT of Dolphins games (including the famous triple overtime playoff game against the Chargers), and a few Hurricanes games. It was a GREAT home field advantage, but by the 1980s it was a filthy, dillapidated, toilet bowl for fans, and the city of Miami (which owned it) would not pay to upgrade it. The parking situation nearby was also a complete disaster. You had to pay to park on someone's lawn and then hope you could get your car out when the game was over.

Hard Rock Stadium started rough, because the original owner, Wayne Huizenga, insisted it be designed to also accommodate baseball. But with the most recent renovations, it is now a beautiful stadium. Have to LMAO at Tech fans calling it ugly or unimpressive. WTF is BDS then? LMAO. Sure, it has tremendous history, but it looks like it was designed by the same committee which designed the camel. And who gives a öööö anyway? Off campus? Hello UCLA, Oregon, USC-W (at least the Mausoleum is very close), USC-E (again, close but no cigar), NC State (again, no cigar), Pitt, USF, , , , hell . . . Tech plays one home game every year at MBS. Alabama played most of their games home for 70 years at Legion Field in Birmingham, more than 50 miles from campus. Yeah, Bama football was not "what college football is all about." {Rolls Eyes} And the old Orange Bowl was still about 5 miles away from the U's campus, and yet they managed a 58 game home winning streak and a few Natties.. Again, who gives a öööö?

Finally, I have to ROTFLMFAO at the claims of a paltry fan base. From Georgia Tech fans!!! Looked in a mirror lately? Over the past several years, the Hurricanes have consistently averaged 7000-10000 more fans at their home games than Tech has. In 2017 and 2018 they averaged more fans that BDS even holds at max capacity. In 2019 they still averaged about 53000 per home game.

Please.
you are going to hate it when Michigan whips your dawgs tonight

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
YOUR dwags. And its dwags, Mutt-Fan. Learn you place and be a good dwag. And no, I don't want fries with that.

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
Only if we're beating them. I'd rather beat bad teams than lose to good teams.
Dook sucks now so we can probably keep beating them. I’m not sure what other bad team we have on the schedule

vapspwi

Dodd-Like

Please.
If you love Miami so much, why don’t you marry them. Terrible stadium to watch a game in, the most obnoxious fans this side of U[sic]GA, and the place is mostly empty for most of their games. I can’t understand why anybody would defend that whole ööööbag operation.

JRjr

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
If you love Miami so much, why don’t you marry them. Terrible stadium to watch a game in, the most obnoxious fans this side of U[sic]GA, and the place is mostly empty for most of their games. I can’t understand why anybody would defend that whole ööööbag operation.

JRjr
Well, if any of that was actually true . . .

However I DID love the "If you love Miami so much, why don’t you marry them."
Great meme - I use that one all the time. I don't love Miami - only the Dolphins. I don't even love SoFla - I left there more than 35 years ago and never looked back. But there are a lot of delusional mother ööööers here, and sometimes I feel compelled to invite them to Realville.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Well, if any of that was actually true . . .
100% of it is true. The stadium is in a ööööty no man’s land. It rains constantly and the field doesn’t drain. They play ranchero music at 120 dB. The 5000 fans that come to their games talk öööö nonstop - even the vendors öööö talk visiting fans. Garbage place full of garbage people.

Here’s a panorama I took during actual Miami-GT gameplay.

JRjr

Attachments

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
I don’t really care one way or another but a new winning version of Miami won’t be like the old winning version of Miami. There is no “da u is back” because that era of bad boy football will not be replicated