Willie Fritz Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgiatech22

Dodd-Like
You got your wish. No Chadwell.

He had a contract that was mostly agreed upon, until the money guys stepped in. The defensive side was figured out too. Some of them were going to stay on to lead coastal.

But hey don't let the facts get in the way.

I'm happy with Fritz
Source?

GT98

Dodd-Like
You're proving my point. Now show what they were before he arrived... consistently in the 90s.
His other classes were in the 80s. If moving from the 90s to a mid 70s average has you excited, good for you. That sort of marginal improvement isn’t that big of a deal.

So, will he be able to out scheme opponents? The guy had Long as an OC too.

bonafidejacket

Varsity Lurker
His other classes were in the 80s. If moving from the 90s to a mid 70s average has you excited, good for you. That sort of marginal improvement isn’t that big of a deal.

So, will he be able to out scheme opponents? The guy had Long as an OC too.
I guess our perspectives are different. I would love to see a consistent 15-20 spot improvement in GT's recruiting rankings. That's what we expected from CGC that never panned out.

MACHETE

Dodd-Like
Y'all need to chill out. He's obviously better than Clown. Key is unproven and was a disaster as UCF OC. Chadwell was a crapshoot and many don't want to even sniff anything that remotely smells like option. Deion would have been interesting but a HUGE gamble. Fritz will bring stability to the program.

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
You got your wish. No Chadwell.

He had a contract that was mostly agreed upon, until the money guys stepped in. The defensive side was figured out too. Some of them were going to stay on to lead coastal.

But hey don't let the facts get in the way.

I'm happy with Fritz
Bullshit. You've got zero proof of anything. You whined and cried about Key so congrats - you got another Southern re-tread.

VERY interesting commentary about the power play going on at Tech right now. This was posted on "the other site" by someone name Techsterl Take it for what it might be worth, but apparently others on that site have confirmed it ---

I have a business client that donates a LOT of money every year. He's friends with a lot of the donors that were privy to high level decisions...BEFORE Batt was hired. Batt and Cabrera have put the clamp down on information. The only information leaking out is negative info because the old boys club, the same group that led to Collins and Stansbury getting hired, have been pushing back on everything Batt and Cabrera want to do. Make no mistake, there's a culture change happening inside the GTAA and a small, but very powerful (i.e. RICH) group are not very happy. Things are messy right now inside the GTAA. He would never give me any names of candidates, and I would never ask. I just won't go there. He didn't tell me who, but he did say Batt had an "understanding" with his first choice (from reading between the lines, I'm guessing Chadwell), but the old boys club made a power play to send Batt and Cabrera a message. I'm not sure Key ever had a chance because Batt, under the direction of Cabrera, wants to clean house and start fresh for Batt's tenure...and the way a certain group has operated since Batt was named AD has made Cabrera dig in even harder. Everyone understands the infighting has made GT unattractive, right? It appears we had a very popular coach committed, but the infighting scared him off. This is on Batt/Cabrera and a group of donors. There has been meddling going on with donors, and Batt/Cabrera have been hard headed about changing the culture inside the GTAA from the old boys club that has had free run of the GTAA for a long time now. GT is a tough job, and doesn't pay as well as other P5 jobs, the last thing a new coach wants is infighting and the threat of resources being withheld because the GT family can't get along. If Fritz is indeed the choice, it will be Batt and Cabrera telling a certain group we're about to do this without you. There are also other donors, who collectively have more money than the "old boys club", but they are apolitical and will not get involved and choose sides. Also, Cabrera and Batt are currently working on a way for GTAA to become less dependent on donors, but inconveniently he hasn't crossed the line yet and it's affected our coaching search. Fritz looks like the "bridge" to get GT across the line where GT is less dependent on a small group of donors. You know the saying "it gets harder before it gets easier"? Well, we're about to live through that. If you're a GT fan, you better hope Fritz starts winning soon. If Fritz start winning like he did at GA Southern, it will have proved Batt and Cabrera can do this without a certain group, and that will embolden other donors to start helping out more. One thing I've learned in the past 2 months is GT's issues are REALLY deep. It's just not a structural issue of the school versus the GTAA, nor is it just an issue of two bad hires at AD and HFC (Stansbury + Collins). Way too many egos are in the kitchen right now trying to cook at the same time.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
VERY interesting commentary about the power play going on at Tech right now. This was posted on "the other site" by someone name Techsterl Take it for what it might be worth, but apparently others on that site have confirmed it ---

I have a business client that donates a LOT of money every year. He's friends with a lot of the donors that were privy to high level decisions...BEFORE Batt was hired. Batt and Cabrera have put the clamp down on information. The only information leaking out is negative info because the old boys club, the same group that led to Collins and Stansbury getting hired, have been pushing back on everything Batt and Cabrera want to do. Make no mistake, there's a culture change happening inside the GTAA and a small, but very powerful (i.e. RICH) group are not very happy. Things are messy right now inside the GTAA. He would never give me any names of candidates, and I would never ask. I just won't go there. He didn't tell me who, but he did say Batt had an "understanding" with his first choice (from reading between the lines, I'm guessing Chadwell), but the old boys club made a power play to send Batt and Cabrera a message. I'm not sure Key ever had a chance because Batt, under the direction of Cabrera, wants to clean house and start fresh for Batt's tenure...and the way a certain group has operated since Batt was named AD has made Cabrera dig in even harder. Everyone understands the infighting has made GT unattractive, right? It appears we had a very popular coach committed, but the infighting scared him off. This is on Batt/Cabrera and a group of donors. There has been meddling going on with donors, and Batt/Cabrera have been hard headed about changing the culture inside the GTAA from the old boys club that has had free run of the GTAA for a long time now. GT is a tough job, and doesn't pay as well as other P5 jobs, the last thing a new coach wants is infighting and the threat of resources being withheld because the GT family can't get along. If Fritz is indeed the choice, it will be Batt and Cabrera telling a certain group we're about to do this without you. There are also other donors, who collectively have more money than the "old boys club", but they are apolitical and will not get involved and choose sides. Also, Cabrera and Batt are currently working on a way for GTAA to become less dependent on donors, but inconveniently he hasn't crossed the line yet and it's affected our coaching search. Fritz looks like the "bridge" to get GT across the line where GT is less dependent on a small group of donors. You know the saying "it gets harder before it gets easier"? Well, we're about to live through that. If you're a GT fan, you better hope Fritz starts winning soon. If Fritz start winning like he did at GA Southern, it will have proved Batt and Cabrera can do this without a certain group, and that will embolden other donors to start helping out more. One thing I've learned in the past 2 months is GT's issues are REALLY deep. It's just not a structural issue of the school versus the GTAA, nor is it just an issue of two bad hires at AD and HFC (Stansbury + Collins). Way too many egos are in the kitchen right now trying to cook at the same time.
So basically we are Auburn except with less money and an exponentially harder school. Good recipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.