Willie Taggart Ded

FSU should be a top 5-10 program annually. For whatever reason, I’ve always liked them better than Clemson, Bama and of course, UGag. Good for the ACC if they return to prominence.

FSU should be a top 5-10 program annually. For whatever reason, I’ve always liked them better than Clemson, Bama and of course, UGag. Good for the ACC if they return to prominence.
A lot of dwags in south GA are secondary FSU fans. I like to consider them one of our better rivalries but like them, not especially.

I thought you were joking. You are not.

This ONLY makes sense if some very high caliber coordinators are willing to come with him. Turning your top 10 program over to a guy that has never coached is a recipe for setting back the program for years. If he is a real candidate (not even THE candidate) then it is more evidence that FSU doesn't have a clue; they are acting like Tenn. They might luck out and not turn into Tenn but that is the way they are acting.

I'm sure he could recruit at a high level but I'm not sure he would be good at anything else.

Deion Sanders may have never coached, but I bet he can put a better product on the field than what they have anyway.
I could have coached them to more wins than they had this year and I still get confused about what makes someone covered vs eligible when the WR lines up.

Prime would connect with players, recruit like hell, and prolly rein in moronic coordinators. He has Dabo potential.

Techbert,
wants perennial playoffs featuring Geoff, Dabo, Prime, and Mike Leach.

Prime would connect with players, recruit like hell, and prolly rein in moronic coordinators. He has Dabo potential.

Techbert,
wants perennial playoffs featuring Geoff, Dabo, Prime, and Mike Leach.

Is he organized enough to run a staff? I know next to nothing about him.

Is he organized enough to run a staff? I know next to nothing about him.
That's the serious question, which does not advance my movement to get TWC to hire Prime.

The other question is the length of his attention span.

But gosh I want those 4 to coach in playoffs.

Legit question. Why? I’m always curious about what people think entitles a given program to prominence.

Crootin' is easy at FSU. Lots of history, big brand, bag men aplenty, hot chicks, no real classes, big stadium, good weather, tons of money. Competently managed, those advantages field their own elite team. The fiasco going on down there right now is bigger than Taggart. Taggart is a symptom.

Crootin' is easy at FSU. Lots of history, big brand, bag men aplenty, hot chicks, no real classes, big stadium, good weather, tons of money. Competently managed, those advantages field their own elite team. The fiasco going on down there right now is bigger than Taggart. Taggart is a symptom.

Clearly. But what then sets FSU apart from the other “haves” in CFB to be top 5-10 perennially. If these things recruit themselves what’s Texas’s problem? USC? Michigan (sans WX)? Why did Tennessee die?

If it’s just recruiting ease, which is how I read your reply (as being one reason with a litany of justifications), those other programs have that too but haven’t been top 5-10 with any consistency.

I guess the conclusion I get to is the coaches who can get you there are rare as even schools with every advantage routinely screw it up. That sort of dings the x brand deserves x ranking argument even though we all have the sense that some programs just belong at the top while others do not.

Edit: can’t the house that Bowden built just crumble? Seems that the haves become the have-nots at a greater rate than vice versa. While I wouldn’t necessarily call VT a have, the Beamer era was have AF compared to that history and now it looks like that öööö is over.

Last edited:
hi-res-8968fab5fbcfdf7b0c91bc0a3cd88b6b_crop_north.jpg

Clearly. But what then sets FSU apart from the other “haves” in CFB to be top 5-10 perennially. If these things recruit themselves what’s Texas’s problem? USC? Michigan (sans WX)? Why did Tennessee die?

If it’s just recruiting ease, which is how I read your reply (as being one reason with a litany of justifications), those other programs have that too but haven’t been top 5-10 with any consistency.

I guess the conclusion I get to is the coaches who can get you there are rare as even schools with every advantage routinely screw it up. That sort of dings the x brand deserves x ranking argument even though we all have the sense that some programs just belong at the top while others do not.

Edit: can’t the house that Bowden built just crumble? Seems that the haves become the have-nots at a greater rate than vice versa. While I wouldn’t necessarily call VT a have, the Beamer era was have AF compared to that history and now it looks like that öööö is over.

Fertile soil is fertile soil. The field may fallow, but a good ox can still plow it. Alabama goes up and down, Ohio State, Michigan, etc. FSU looks more like them than it does like VT, by a long shot. For one, VT never won the big prize.

Nobody is saying FSU is destined for the top 5, or anything, just that it has that level of potential.

Deion ain't coaching FSU. No one is that stupid as to hire him

It is just the NFL Network meatheads' idea of a joke. Dur hur hur

Back